New purfume

MissyBaby

Sep 19, 2006
I've been wearing Donna Karan Cashmere Mist for at least two years now and my bottle is almost empty. I saw my best friend for the first time in a couple of weeks today and she was wearing something really yummy smelling from Victoria's Secret. So that got me thinking...I'm starting college in two weeks, going to start working in maybe a week...damn it I need to smell good....any suggestions (within a decent price range?)

Look on sephora.com. They have a cool feature where you can search for new fragrances based on what your favorite perfume is now.

You can also browse by scent family. I found that method really eye-opening as to the kinds of things I do and don't like -- almost everything I've tried and liked before was in the same family on their site, so now I know where to look.

Look on sephora.com. They have a cool feature where you can search for new fragrances based on what your favorite perfume is now.

You can also browse by scent family. I found that method really eye-opening as to the kinds of things I do and don't like -- almost everything I've tried and liked before was in the same family on their site, so now I know where to look.

That is a good option, as it can really steer u in the right direction of what you like. Do you have any preferences, such as oriental or floral? I also think you should just go and try a bunch and see what you like.

That is great advice

Right now I'm switching between Gucci's Envy Me and Gap's So Pink. I know they're kind of "dated" but I can't get over how good they smell. Don't really know if that'd be in the same scent family as the one you mention, but Gap's is pretty cheap at 22 USD a pop and comes with body spray too so you can touch-up (lasting power kinda sucks).

Oh, I love Cashmere Mist too...have you tried the Donna Karen Gold? Amber Nude Tom Ford for Estee Lauder? I'm trying to think of similar scents to Cashmere Mist.

I've been wearing Donna Karan Cashmere Mist for at least two years now and my bottle is almost empty. I saw my best friend for the first time in a couple of weeks today and she was wearing something really yummy smelling from Victoria's Secret. So that got me thinking...I'm starting college in two weeks, going to start working in maybe a week...damn it I need to smell good....any suggestions (within a decent price range?)
Maybe she was wearing "Body By Victoria". That's a GREAT everyday scent.

That might be it....sounds right....I'll ask her. We've got a girls day planned for sometime this week anyway. I'll highjack her into the Mall to help me find something.

I love the pink bottle from Guess and JLo's Live luxe, Miami glow and love at first glow. My favs!

I recently bought a Clean - Fresh laundy but I didn't really like it..

Can you go to a major department store and get a few samples of some nice perfumes???? I think it is a mistake to buy a perfume without trying it out. If you don't like it you wasted money and are stuck with something that you will not wear. Most of the cosmetic people are pretty nice and I am sure if you try a few things you will find one that is perfect.

I just changed my perfume to Jo Malone fragrances. I love their roses roses and Lime Blossom. The orange blossom is nice but I think the lime will be my favorite. One thing to remember when you are working and in classes you want a light perfume, you don't want people near you thinking you are one of those people who you can smell the perfume 10 feet away. I am sure you have met those in the past.....they think more is a good thing and to stand next to them you get sick from the overbearing smell. Alot of people are allergic to perfume so being around people who wear alot does bother them.

Yeah I know how it all goes. I can't stand too much perfume on someone. I go to church with a lot of women that wear too much perfume. It kills me....I'm allergic to everything anyway so all of my fragrences have to be light and fluffy. Sometimes even the Cashmere Mist is too much....I want something that smells really CLEAN. Like I JUST got out of the shower and my soap still smells really great....u know?

I guess I need to find a fragrence that doesn't clash with the smell of a well done steak and baked potato, huh? Haha!