coach drops 2 and some change today

Found this when googling which might explain the drop:

"Morgan Stanley on Friday sharply cut its forecast for retail sales growth in 2008, saying U.S. consumer spending will be restricted by declining home values and tighter credit standards."

Overall the market is showing bear-ish trends so that may explain the drop when the market opened this morning. Or, it could be that investors saw the new jewelry line :P

Found this when googling which might explain the drop:

"Morgan Stanley on Friday sharply cut its forecast for retail sales growth in 2008, saying U.S. consumer spending will be restricted by declining home values and tighter credit standards."

Overall the market is showing bear-ish trends so that may explain the drop when the market opened this morning. Or, it could be that investors saw the new jewelry line :P

Pretty much sums it up - the market in general is reacting to the housing market.

Let's all do out part to boost consumer spending by going to your local Coach store :P

Whew!! I was just about to invest in Coach stock. I am in the mortgage industry (I know, poor me) and usually when times are tight, sales on smaller items (lipstick for one) go up. Coach has been steadily doing well, so I was thinking if people can't buy houses, they'll buy purses! Apparently the industry hit is so big it is even affecting Coach. Fasten your seatbelts - it's going to be a bumpy ride!! My whole life savings is invested in stocks :crybaby:

How funny...I am a dork...I saw the headline and thought there was a change on the website (drops 2, as in 2 handbags...oh my) and some change...so I ventured to Coach.com and found the newly added jewelry but couldn't find the 2 bags that were "gone".

I am hopeless.

I, too, am in the mortgage business, no idea though that stock goes up on "smaller" items...that's super interesting!