What is washed leather?

Good question...I think washed leather is treated to be super soft and squishy for that casual look. I cannot find any info on what washed leather means.
This is from wikipedia:

Full-Grain leather, made from the finest raw material, are clean natural hides which have not been sanded to remove imperfections. Only the hair has been removed. The grain remains in its natural state which will allow the best fiber strength, resulting in greater durability. The natural grain also has natural breathability, resulting in greater comfort for clothing. The natural Full-Grain surface will wear better than other leather. Rather than wearing out, it will develop a natural "Patina" and grow more beautiful over time. The finest leather furniture and footwear are made from Full-Grain leather.

Thanks gr8heart, that seems to make sense. I remember that particular bag being "lightweight" (soft, squishy). The washing must break the leather down a bit.

Washed leather is actually exactly how it sounds - it's leather that's washed out so that the leather softens & the color gently fades. Some describe it like your favorite pair of blue jeans - softened and faded unevenly throughout.

I have two washed leather bags - a Moni Moni Splendor and a MJ Scarlett - both bags appear faded in spots and are very very soft. The more you use a washed leather bag and expose it to the elements, the more it will soften and continue to fade (just like those blue jeans!!).

washed leather is very prone to staining though as it has no real finish or top grain. I believe washed leather is a slice of the leather that is UNDER the top portion of the actual hide.