Item NOT received?

BAGAHOLIC!

Aug 9, 2007
On July 29 I sold a Burberry bag and sent the bag via priority mail to AZ. Few days later, the buyer emailed me saying that she did not receive the bag??? and she told me that if you go to usps.com to track for the package, it says ... this item cannot be tracked, please contact the seller. and so I did the same thing and she was right.. I got the same message. I printed the label tru paypal. And so I panicked and called the toll free number. I was told that the package was delivered already on Aug.1. and she cannot answer on why the website is giving me that message.

I emailed the buyer and I told her to wait for another day. The next day, I went to the local PO and I was told to tell the buyer to go to their local office as priority mail items are being brought back to PO and dont leave packages at the door anymore if they suspect that someone is not home. She even showed me the actual shelf and yes I saw a lot of packages being kept their and according to her, they will keep packages there for 15days. I relayed the same message to the buyer and I understand probably she cant wait anymore she file a dispute to paypal.... :sad::sad:

I called the toll free no. again and they told me it was delivered the same day at 2:45pm. I emailed the buyer tru paypal. And of course paypal put a hold on my account so I cannot do any transactions at all. Pissed!!!! The buyer never contacted me yet or the paypal and its been 3 days now. Should I worry? what do I do as I do not want to lose my money.. I did everything I can, I sure send the package via priority and dont know if buyer is lying or what.. I'm a gonna be accountable for it even the buyer did not purchase insurance for lost of damaged item? I'm afraid that paypal will side her.. Please help!!!

Ebay suspended my account too I dont know if this will affect this case. Please want to hear from you!!

Tell her she has to go to her post office and ask the person there. If that doesn't work, tell her to ask her mail carrier. The package could have been left with a neighbor.

You should always get insurance. You will be held responsible, ultimately. It's up to the seller to get the item to the buyer safe & sound. If you put the standard "not responsible for lost items once they leave my hands" disclaimer that all sellers seem to use, you are still responsible as far as Paypal is concerned. Even if they did side with you, she will probably get her credit card company to do a chargeback.

When I send out items, I am starting to get signature confirmation. I need to let you know that when you ship through Paypal using USPS, you get delivery confirmation included in the price. I have seen in SOME of my auctions that it shows a label was printed but it did not show it was delivered. There are buyers out there that know about this & use it to their advantage. You, as a SELLER, are responsible in getting the package to the buying party. They have more of an advantage then you do. You will most likely get a charge back. When you get burned is when you learn. This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. BTW, there are also some people that pick up or deliver these packages & see that EBAY is on the label... contents are taken & package is delivered empty. That one just happened to me.

When I send out items, I am starting to get signature confirmation. I need to let you know that when you ship through Paypal using USPS, you get delivery confirmation included in the price. I have seen in SOME of my auctions that it shows a label was printed but it did not show it was delivered. There are buyers out there that know about this & use it to their advantage. You, as a SELLER, are responsible in getting the package to the buying party. They have more of an advantage then you do. You will most likely get a charge back. When you get burned is when you learn. This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. BTW, there are also some people that pick up or deliver these packages & see that EBAY is on the label... contents are taken & package is delivered empty. That one just happened to me.

OH REALLY SO WHAT HAPPENED? ACTUALLY, I HAD THE SAME SITUATION LAST MONTH. I RECEIVED AN EMPTY BOX AND OF COURSE EVEN I HAD A DOUBT, I STILL OPENED IT. GOOD THAT WHEN I CONTACTED THE SELLER, HE TOLD ME THAT HE SENT THE WRONG BOX. THANKS

OMG! I HOPE NOT. I CANT AFFORD TO LOSE THAT MONEY. ACTUALLY, FOR SOME REASON THE BUYER NEVER CONTACTED ME YET. ITS BEEN 5 DAYS NOW OR 4. I JUST SHE RECEIVED IT. ITS A LESSON LEARNED.

I've started using UPS regularly for shipping ebay items over $100 because of the USPS's almost nonexistent tracking system - it provides peace of mind for buyer and seller. UPS is just so much better at communicating that sort of information and tracking down lost packages in my experience. But a neat trick I learned about USPS for future shipping issues: USPS can use insurance barcodes to "track" a package internally. Those barcodes are scanned at every stop the package makes. One time I had a buyer email me about an item not received (I knew the buyer personally and knew she wasn't scamming me) and I took the shipping info to my local PO and they tracked it down for me immediately. Turns out that it was waiting for her at her local PO and for whatever reason she hadn't received a notice card to come pick it up. Ever since then I've been buying insurance on everything - it's a cheap way to add some accountability to the USPS shipping process.

BTW, there are also some people that pick up or deliver these packages & see that EBAY is on the label... contents are taken & package is delivered empty. That one just happened to me.

It is a very good idea when using shipping labels that are printed on paypal to cut off the bottom section that says paypal and the top section that says ebay.

I trim this off every label and that way no one knows that the item is an ebay sale. Especially those nosy PO clerks! Just a precaution.

Whenever we use those labels from Paypal the ones which don't have tape over the barcode get tracked while the ones we got tape on don't. It says to not put tape on the barcodes but sometimes I forget! Might help some people...

In order for your usps package to be tracked, you actually have to take it to the counter (prepaid or not) and literally ASK them to scan the package. I'm thinking of switching to UPS ground even though it is much more expensive and will take more time (I'm in Hawaii).

That is, I will if my business gets back up and going again...

I'm going through the same thing myself. An item I won on ebay that I paid for insurance on was supposedly delivered a few days ago at 8:00 am. My post office says they are still loading trucks at that time and no one even leaves the PO before 9:00am to start their routes.

I paid for insurance and the seller didnt get insurance on it. It would have had to be signed for.

Seller hasnt responded to any of my emails.

I am opening a claim tomorrow.

I am so sick and tired of ebay sellers.

In order for your usps package to be tracked, you actually have to take it to the counter (prepaid or not) and literally ASK them to scan the package.

Agree with above, Now I only use USPS official webiste to print labels (usps.com - click and ship) because it lets you print out a SCAN form that you can take to the post office and have them scan when you drop off the pacakges, and I ship 100% insured. That way if the post office does not scan the package anytime along the route and Buyer tries to file Item not received, I can at least file a claim with Post office to get my $ back. If you use a SCAN Form then you have proof with the post office that they had accepted your package. I just won a paypal claim against a seller who didnt ship my item but used paypal to print out a shipping label -( and tried to use that as proof that she mailed it). I tried tracking it for 4 weeks with only "USPS was electronically notifed...) paypal will not cover the seller just because you print out a shipping label, it needs to show it was delivered. At least if it doesn't show as delivered, and if you send it insured, you can at least file a claim with post office.