Overheard Hermès

Sorry, I don’t get it. Was the customer lying or does the purchase history get deleted after a few years?
She said she is a good customer. But her last purchase dates from 4-5 years ago. (My SA told me: after 2 years most profiles are not accessible via the handheld. She bought a bag and a wallet. Later she stated she spent so much for the bag and it contents aka the wallet.
Also she might have been a good customer a few years ago but you have to visit Hermes regularly and spend some to be deemed good customer nowadays. I don't think she'd spend a lot that her profile was marked as a VIP customer. But she just walked out.

Reactions: Hermezzy
She said she is a good customer. But her last purchase dates from 4-5 years ago. (My SA told me: after 2 years most profiles are not accessible via the handheld. She bought a bag and a wallet. Later she stated she spent so much for the bag and it contents aka the wallet.
Also she might have been a good customer a few years ago but you have to visit Hermes regularly and spend some to be deemed good customer nowadays. I don't think she'd spend a lot that her profile was marked as a VIP customer. But she just walked out.
It seems that her idea of being a good customer didn’t align with H definition of a good customer.

Taking that client’s story at face value (which of course may not be true, who knows), IMHO this seems like a learning moment for the SA. If the client bought the B from the boutique only 4 years ago, unless she got very lucky she didn’t just buy a wallet to build sufficient profile for that offer. She must have bought much more. Then the pandemic intervened - plenty of people stopped shopping in person in those years. I get that profiles might become dormant in the system after a period of inactivity but again, taking the client story at face value, did something in the SA response embarrass the client to such an extent she left without waiting for her profile to be retrieved? Compare DH’s experience at Bergdorfs. We don’t live in NYC and he would visit that store less than once a year. But one SA on the ground floor of the men’s store remembers him on sight without fail every time, even when the last visit was years previously.

A newer customer is not necessarily a better customer. Every customer deserves courtesy and respect (frankly, even the incredibly rude and entitled ones - the world does not become a better place by everyone else lowering their standards to those levels). Sometimes it feels like we’re not receiving excellent service, we’re BUYING it. And that is not luxurious.

Last edited:
Taking that client’s story at face value (which of course may not be true, who knows), IMHO this seems like a learning moment for the SA. If the client bought the B from the boutique only 4 years ago, unless she got very lucky she didn’t just buy a wallet to build sufficient profile for that offer. She must have bought much more. Then the pandemic intervened - plenty of people stopped shopping in person in those years. I get that profiles might become dormant in the system after a period of inactivity but again, taking the client story at face value, did something in the SA response embarrass the client to such an extent she left without waiting for her profile to be retrieved? Compare DH’s experience at Bergdorfs. We don’t live in NYC and he would visit that store less than once a year. But one SA on the ground floor of the men’s store remembers him on sight without fail every time, even when the last visit was years previously.

My UO - A newer customer is not necessarily a better customer. Every customer deserves courtesy and respect (frankly, even the incredibly rude and entitled ones - the world does not become a better place by everyone else lowering their standards to those levels). Sometimes it feels like we’re not receiving excellent service, we’re BUYING it. And that is not luxurious.
To be honest there was nothing rude. The Sa was polite. Maybe the client didn’t want to wait. The client could have declined the offer and leave. But she just turned and walked out.

But to stay on topic. It was just something I overheard.

Reactions: BreezyE
I thought same!
They are an incredibly easy boot to wear...maybe she lives in sneakers and flip flops and has'nt worn a structured boot:confused1:
No I don't fault the customer at all for not finding the boots uncomfortable! Everyone's comfort levels (and feet) are different. But the SA should have just said "Maybe these are not for you" (I've heard this plenty of times from many SAs across brands) instead of insinuating that the Jumping Boots are some kind of dainty shoes you only wear out to a fancy dinner :biggrin:

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags

A newer customer is not necessarily a better customer. Every customer deserves courtesy and respect (frankly, even the incredibly rude and entitled ones - the world does not become a better place by everyone else lowering their standards to those levels). Sometimes it feels like we’re not receiving excellent service, we’re BUYING it. And that is not luxurious.
I’m not sure anything gets deleted. I was in Lausanne boutique very recently, Switzerland has separate systems from EU, the SA asked me to fill in my name and I did and pressed search, I saw that Lausanne appeared and then Geneva where I had bought 2 bags 10 years ago. Somehow they are connected to Germany as my husband name appeared and she told him I see you bought online in Germany. Most probably the lady was not telling the truth and got afraid that they would find out and left..

Ha! I bought the jumping boots and brought them to Europe. Omg. Foot torture. Not for walking - not even from driver to restaurant. 😆
LOL!
Since my DH likes these boots even more than I do, I've tried them again and again - for more than - mpf mpf - years ... Apart from the fact that I would now need half a size bigger :giggle:, nothing about their fit has changed for me: I slide right up the back of the heel like with cheap wellies - 0 foothold - really zero! Impossible for me to walk in them. (I think this could be partly due to the ratio of shoe size to calf circumference - and partly due to the narrowness of my own heel and ankle area, yes even with very thick woolen socks).

Lady trying on the jumping boots in Paris: “But how do people even walk in these??”
SA: “Madame these are for walking from the taxi to the restaurant, not for … walking
I think we can now see two equally unpopular opinions to add to the unpopular opinion thread :lol::

1) The jumping boots are comfortable

2) The jumping boots are uncomfortable

As for my personal opinion… I think these are for jumping, not for … jumping… badumtssss

I think we can now see two equally unpopular opinions to add to the unpopular opinion thread :lol::

1) The jumping boots are comfortable

2) The jumping boots are uncomfortable

As for my personal opinion… I think these are for jumping, not for … jumping… badumtssss
Haha, it reminds me when I bought my Saint Germain boots. I got them in the highest heel height and felt they were so comfortable. My SA was surprised because he told me that most people did not find that height comfortable. (I'm a high heel lover though.)

And so I asked him, if there was anything I should not do with the boots?
And he said, Just don't kick it against concrete, it's lambskin.
Me: Haha, of course!
...Then proceeds to go to Napa Valley and stomp around in them in the vineyards. :giggle:

(The boots are fine btw, they survived lol)

Haha, it reminds me when I bought my Saint Germain boots. I got them in the highest heel height and felt they were so comfortable. My SA was surprised because he told me that most people did not find that height comfortable. (I'm a high heel lover though.)

And so I asked him, if there was anything I should not do with the boots?
And he said, Just don't kick it against concrete, it's lambskin.
Me: Haha, of course!
...Then proceeds to go to Napa Valley and stomp around in them in the vineyards. :giggle:

(The boots are fine btw, they survived lol)
Boots are made for walking 🤣