Mini jypsiere????

With all the excitement awaiting this release, it might be thought heresy, but is it a bag to invest* in?

In its original sizes it was visually quite a busy style; a cornucopia of Hermes signature features: the Roulis-shaped flap; the sangle turnlock fastening; the strap holes; the D rings.
Now that all these elements have been concentrated in a small bag, it has been made into a fussy design that might not stand the test of time.

* Obviously I mean to buy as a long term addition to your wardrobe - not short-term opportunist flipping!

I was just offered a gold on gold one but unfortunately (or fortunately for my wallet) it’s out of state and I can’t just fly over there to get the bag. It wasn’t on my wish list anyway, my SA just asked if I’m interested. I was 50/50 on it so I just passed; better it goes to someone who would love it. But I told my DH if I was offered in person instead I’d probably take it.

Reactions: LondonHermesLover
With all the excitement awaiting this release, it might be thought heresy, but is it a bag to invest* in?

In its original sizes it was visually quite a busy style; a cornucopia of Hermes signature features: the Roulis-shaped flap; the sangle turnlock fastening; the strap holes; the D rings.
Now that all these elements have been concentrated in a small bag, it has been made into a fussy design that might not stand the test of time.

* Obviously I mean to buy as a long term addition to your wardrobe - not short-term opportunist flipping!
This is a great point. I love the look of the mini bag but it is not practical for me.

That being said, I love my size 28 black PHW, despite being a large (30cm+) bag fan. I have found it to be a very practical size, useful for traveling, easily cross-bodied and appropriate for work. The strap is black Clemence leather, but both adjustable and detachable. My only regret is that the original model does not come with GHW.

ETA the pre-tax price for my Jypsiere 28 in December was around $8500, which makes the mini not worth the cost, IMHO

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags

Yes, bags other than the B/K/C ilk seem not to hold their value (and size matters too - just compare resale prices of smaller Ks vs larger).

And I totally agree with you on the "mimi"mizing of designs later..... for whatever reasons scaling up always seems to be easier.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags

As a fan and owner of a Jypsiere 31 (and keen to add a 28 at some point) I agree regarding the scaling down making it a fussy and to my mind a top heavy design.
I don't buy any bag for 'investment' but I do buy bags that appeal to me aesthetically and ones I see myself being able to enjoy using.
Aesthetically the mini doesn't appeal (for the reasons stated above) and I find the size of bag interior in proportion to the flap and hardware just doesn't make sense to me.
I'm surprised to hear its a big success as it IMO it looks and feels so wrong.

For information here is some comparisons. The size is not super small with the width of Geta (longer than mini Lindy, mini Constance and mini Kelly). The height is pretty good but closed top due the strap make it tight. It is not as roomy as mini Lindy but it fits more than mini Bolide and mini Kelly for sure. Actually it fits a good size card case, phone, key and lipstick with some room remaining. If not closing the strap then it fits more.
The length of the strap is same as mini Lindy if not longer). The adjustable option is a plus. Shortest strap is Mini Kelly then Bolide. I know some people don’t like the idea of canvas but it like nicer with the look. The details on it make it elegant to me and better than Mini Lindy.
Photo: Geta, Mini Lindy, Mini Jypsiere, Mini Constance, Mini Bolide and Mini Kelly
Hope this help everyone.

101FB84C-9418-4BFD-BB51-CE0E04E24201.jpeg

D90BB4DD-C49E-4A29-9640-768EA003E9A7.jpeg

E21E2D82-BE27-40D0-9FB8-DF41FFFA5FF2.jpeg

038C2879-300F-4FBA-B08B-90E3F93A3AAF.jpeg

F110F775-31AF-4F39-8D73-EE1A1E554489.jpeg

Wow so very helpful !
Which one do you think is more travel friendly mini lindy vs mini jypsiere . The canvas strap on the jypsiere could be a deal breaker for me though ….

For information here is some comparisons. The size is not super small with the width of Geta (longer than mini Lindy, mini Constance and mini Kelly). The height is pretty good but closed top due the strap make it tight. It is not as roomy as mini Lindy but it fits more than mini Bolide and mini Kelly for sure. Actually it fits a good size card case, phone, key and lipstick with some room remaining. If not closing the strap then it fits more.
The length of the strap is same as mini Lindy if not longer). The adjustable option is a plus. Shortest strap is Mini Kelly then Bolide. I know some people don’t like the idea of canvas but it like nicer with the look. The details on it make it elegant to me and better than Mini Lindy.
Photo: Geta, Mini Lindy, Mini Jypsiere, Mini Constance, Mini Bolide and Mini Kelly
Hope this help everyone.

View attachment 5755519

View attachment 5755520

View attachment 5755525

View attachment 5755526

View attachment 5755527

Reactions: fatcat2523