Aren't you glad you have a Drag (bag)?

Hi, frvrtmy, momoc, and quellefromage,
Welcome all comments! Yes, the price pinches! And, indeed, I am still looking (very blurry eyes from searching the i-net!). Considering not only this Drag or maybe a Kelly Mou 32 in Rouge Grenat or Rubis, or maybe a Bolide 35 in a rouge shade. It seems that, on the pre-loved market, if your heart is set on certain criteria (not just style, size, color, but also for me the bag must be exceptionally "clean" interior/exterior---essentially appearing like nobody's ever used the bag before) the resellers have you over a barrel. There are a lot of bags out there, it's true, however, so many I see are in poor condition, haven't been loved, etc. Ick!!! Another factor, for me, is that I don't live near an Hermes boutique and so the ability to simply scoot over (as we all know, Hermes requires that one must present themselves in person with the Hermes bag, etc.---I've always thought this was stupid---they do NO shipped receipt of items needing serviced) to a boutique to request the bag spa services to have it cleaned, repaired, etc. isn't possible. The closest boutiques are six hours away (Southern California or Las Vegas). And, since I have a pet peeve about carrying a bag that's in superb condition, the only realistic way that I can obtain that on the resale market is to "pay the piper." I understand this so well. I'm paying for someone else to scour the world and find what I've been looking for and I must pay them, essentially, for their time and efforts. I've had many Hermes bags through the years and am now down to only two. I said good-bye to the other dozen or so bags for various reasons, like all of us...too heavy (Birkin), "never carry," too loud/bright ("what was I thinking??"), uncomfortable to wear, too small, too awkward/hassle to get into bag, etc., etc. Other than my two remaining Hermes bags, I own only two other felt tote bags (Graf Lantz) which I love which I ooccasionally use as a casual tote/purse during our Arizona winters. That's it. I will never, ever own scads of bags, not with my philosophy of "fewer, but the best." So, my irrational rationale :smile: is that since I'm in the market to add only 2-3 bags to my bag "family," it's okay to pay IF I can find what sings to me. :smile: I'll stop prattling on...I wonder if all this makes any sense or if anyone else has felt it necessary to pay for pristine up front from the re-sale market? As I'm writing, it occurs to me...if I purchased a bag at less than my picky standards and then personally took it to a boutique for any repairs, etc. needed (driving time, hotel, food, gas, undoubtedly more shopping/spending while there, and then repeated the same trip to retrieve the completed spa job six to nine months later), then paid the Hermes spa costs....it's quite possible that I actually come out ahead in the long run by paying more for the pristine/new/never worn bag up front? Hadn't thought about the process in those terms until just now! Hmmm. Feel better now!! I'm at a point in my life where I want to obtain just a few of something which will be beautiful AND useful to me for a very long time. If I were looking to truly "collect," maybe I'd think about this differently.

Anyway! I'm really learning alot from all of you on this forum. So glad I found you!

WOWWWWW!!! You didn't take it home??! It is gorgeous! That market looks dangerous!!

OMG, where is the fainting emoticon, here it is

:faint: ANNNND. Looks like perfect condition

Stunning bag, and very underrated style IMO. :love:
If anyone is interested I am happy to PM the seller details although I cannot guarantee it’s still there. It was under 5K euro which is IMO a great deal.

Thank you sweetheart! I just had it out to give it a little love and decided to take a new photo. :heart:
For many years, this was the only hermes bag I would even consider / entertain the possibility of. It could potentially fit a laptop and can be slung over the shoulder in a pinch (unlike more expensive Hermes bags… I’m looking at you Birkin!…lol)
Ultimately, I decided to not get it because I needed by everyday bag to have an outer pocket. Nevertheless, I keep looking at pics of drag bags from time to time just to appreciate the craftmenship!!

• Love
Reactions: Cookiefiend