One Watch Collection?

inverved

The Minimalist
O.G.
Oct 11, 2006
The idea of a one watch collection has been discussed on Reddit and the watch community for a few years, although these articles are targeting the male audience:

However, if it really came down to it, which watch would you choose as your "one and done"?

Reactions: sparklebunny
My father wore an 18K Omega Seamaster De Ville as long as I can remember. Just the one watch and wore everywhere everyday.

I agree that it's a lot of up-keep and aftercare if we have many. Taking care of a (mechanical) watch is not easy.

However, I wouldn't want to wear say, a diamond watch to work on public transport or a sporty Swatch to a wedding. I like collections of things because it gives me options.

I love these articles…it’s very much along the lines of “what’s your holy grail bag?” While it’s wonderful to have options (and aren’t we fortunate if we can have more than one of things!?), I’m also attracted to the concept of being very minimalist and purposeful in choosing an item that will suit all situations.

So when it was time for me to choose a GADA (go anywhere, do anything) watch, I decided on this automatic Longines Conquest Classic:

2454C03A-8CB1-45D0-8F88-0A2678B46BFF.jpeg

I love these articles…it’s very much along the lines of “what’s your holy grail bag?” While it’s wonderful to have options (and aren’t we fortunate if we can have more than one of things!?), I’m also attracted to the concept of being very minimalist and purposeful in choosing an item that will suit all situations.

So when it was time for me to choose a GADA (go anywhere, do anything) watch, I decided on this automatic Longines Conquest Classic:

View attachment 5783415
This must be the Longines watch that you mentioned in my necklace vs. watch thread. It’s a beauty on you!

What a great idea for a thread!

You know you're mother was an English Teacher / Editor when... You want to write the author of that article in thewatchresource and explain that, by definition, one watch is not a collection. :no:
Collection: a group of things

The things we learn from our parents... :P

View attachment 5783415
What edition of Hodinkee is that? Love the watch