~MARCH/APRIL~ our new Bal babies..please show!

Interesting is that the bag did not come with its mirror - the seller was kind enough to give me one from another bag of hers- I after that received report from VC that the bag is redyed. I thought it was due to the colour difference between the mirror and the bag…they did not write any reasons at all for the redying part..
If you post on the AT thread with the tag front and back it would help.

Pourpre can be pretty stunning. I'm perpetually ogling this one. Thankfully I don't carry clutches. Check out this gorgeousness (though I highly suspect this is one of those FP listings with "enhanced" photography).

Ay caramba, that looks :drool:
Could be used as a pouch for misc stuff in other bags. Not too big, not too small. Just sayin' :biggrin:

Pourpre can be pretty stunning. I'm perpetually ogling this one. Thankfully I don't carry clutches. Check out this gorgeousness (though I highly suspect this is one of those FP listings with "enhanced" photography).

These are poupre. You can see how the colour changes depending on light.

IMG_5053.jpegIMG_5308.jpeg

Just sharing this curious specimen (pre First?). It reminds me so much to the First. Shape, studs here and there, the strap even has the weight distributor. Color is bourdeaux but it’s difficult to capture being patent. I’m wondering if it was also produced in black, purple or any other color..

683A4898-9CB8-40E1-AE7B-454520006722.jpeg

4499814D-503A-427E-AD79-0D43B63EBAC1.jpeg

C3D95D0A-F6F8-456E-92D4-C6691F189975.jpeg

Reactions: LostInBal
As I mentioned, I panic bought a red PH MU, even though I already have one. My original (below) is a 04 True Red. Does it look like the new one (above) is also a 04, or could it be 03? The shades look different, but the inside tags are identical. The 04 leather is more distressed and the new one silky. The color differences could be because my original one is just more beat up and darkened. Anyone know of an objective way to tell a 03 MU apart from a 04 MU?

View attachment 5736826

I’ve had a couple 03 red bags (city - former, weekender - current) and they both look closer to the bottom MU. The city was sliiightly darker than the WE, but I’d say both leaned very close to 05 RT.

From comparison pics I’ve seen, I think that the difference between 03/04 reds is that 03 was the more berry between the two, w 04 having less blue undertones.

Is it possible that your original is an 03 and the new is an 04?!

Reactions: Deco
I’ve had a couple 03 red bags (city - former, weekender - current) and they both look closer to the bottom MU. The city was sliiightly darker than the WE, but I’d say both leaned very close to 05 RT.

From comparison pics I’ve seen, I think that the difference between 03/04 reds is that 03 was the more berry between the two, w 04 having less blue undertones.

Is it possible that your original is an 03 and the new is an 04?!
that's how it appears at first blush, but the 04 came with a 04 tag. Compared to my 03 Red first, both are a less deep shade. I suspect both MUs are from 04, with one being more used and darkened than the other. The inside leather tag on both areC55B1887-EC13-43E5-A07D-51D227712281.jpeg the same shade.

that's how it appears at first blush, but the 04 came with a 04 tag. Compared to my 03 Red first, both are a less deep shade. I suspect both MUs are from 04, with one being more used and darkened than the other. The inside leather tag on both areView attachment 5738042 the same shade.
Ohhhh having the 03 next to them for comparison totally changes the perception! Yeah, looks like you have 2 04 MU ladies with v different life paths that have converged w you :biggrin:

Just sharing this curious specimen (pre First?). It reminds me so much to the First. Shape, studs here and there, the strap even has the weight distributor. Color is bourdeaux but it’s difficult to capture being patent. I’m wondering if it was also produced in black, purple or any other color..

View attachment 5737824

View attachment 5737826

View attachment 5737827
Where in the world do you find these? You must have an internal beacon that signals the homing device of all these super rare vintage Bal bags.

Last edited:
Where in the world do you find these? Your must have an internal beacon that signals the homing device of all these super rare vintage Bal bags.
It’s just luck. Being in the right place at the right time.. Someone listed this exact bag a few months ago in Vinted but I stupidly let it go. Couldn’t stop thinking about it since and then popped up again last Tuesday so this time it was meant to be mine. I never give up :girlsigh: