The PEARL Lovers Thread!

Hi folks!

I just picked these earrings up second-hand on e*bay. They're hallmarked "14k DSL" and I'm really adoring them. Googling led me to results like these: 1, 2. Is anyone familiar with the DSL brand and if that seems accurate for pricing? Are these ever faked? Because I paid nowhere near that much.

d22k3Kp.jpg

BtINd0V.jpg

loving all your pearls ladies :loveeyes: :loveeyes: I have a friend in japan who i could use to buy me some akoya pearls (assuming they are cheaper than the $$$$ we have available in europe, does anyone know reliable akoya pearl stores in japan?

Reactions: cdtracing
Am saving up for these. What grade are these? Would be grateful for details on price, quality location of purchase. I have to go to a retailer that carries Mikimoto. Not sure if I would order online.
These are A+. There was a noticeable difference in the luster from one grade to the next. The price for these was about 33% more than the same size in grade A. Grades AA and AAA were even better luster but this pair was the right balance of quality and price for my current budget.

I tried multiple sizes of studs + strands. I truly loved the 7mm and 7.5mm studs as well, but I didn’t like the 6.5-7 or 7-7.5 strands as much as 7.5-8. Getting the 8mm studs now is an attempt to avoid feeling like I need to getting a bigger stud size in the future if I buy a strand.

I got them at the NYC boutique and the SA was so nice!

I'm choosing some Akoya earrings from a jeweller in Japan and thought I would share these beautiful earrings that they have! I'm choosing between these for Valentines :love: I don't have any Akoya studs, only South Sea. and FW. Let me know if anyone would like their information! They have some amazing statement earrings and so many beautiful simple pairs.

View attachment 5299524View attachment 5299525View attachment 5299526
View attachment 5299527
Can I get the sellers info please