Scarves Is this a keeper - vintage carre from 1996?

Jun 4, 2006
Hi H Scarf Lovers! Today I received my Real Escuela Andaluza carre (already authenticated here) in the mail. It’s listed as immaculate new unworn condition - it is indeed though I do see a couple of blemishes - but considering its age (from 1996) I feel like perhaps I shouldn’t be too picky…it does look like the previous owner never wore it. It’s about $400 including shipping. Is it a good buy? I’ve been checking out vintage scarves as I don’t like the current offerings - they are either too pastel or too rainbow-colored or too cute for my taste. I like the equestrian theme, the navy blue border with a bit of red of this one. What do you think?

85F8C825-E0DD-4B2B-B2E1-E80F7175667A.jpeg

35B5116F-AE13-4603-8BF7-3A60C0219E3F.jpeg

8846DF6F-9671-4342-9951-2E74D0362049.jpeg

0B90AD0D-2BC8-42A8-ABFE-7083837A5FBB.jpeg

Beautiful scarf, it is quite regal! REgarding the pull in the silk, you can fix that with a needle and a steady hand. Simply pull the stitch back into place. Should only take about 2 minutes..... Great buy!!

ScarfBloke.

Reactions: hikarupanda
Beautiful scarf, it is quite regal! REgarding the pull in the silk, you can fix that with a needle and a steady hand. Simply pull the stitch back into place. Should only take about 2 minutes..... Great buy!!

ScarfBloke.

I’m too nervous to deal with the pull myself I feel like I’d only make it worse. It seems minor enough so I probably would just leave it alone!

Hi H Scarf Lovers! Today I received my Real Escuela Andaluza carre (already authenticated here) in the mail. It’s listed as immaculate new unworn condition - it is indeed though I do see a couple of blemishes - but considering its age (from 1996) I feel like perhaps I shouldn’t be too picky…it does look like the previous owner never wore it. It’s about $400 including shipping. Is it a good buy? I’ve been checking out vintage scarves as I don’t like the current offerings - they are either too pastel or too rainbow-colored or too cute for my taste. I like the equestrian theme, the navy blue border with a bit of red of this one. What do you think?

View attachment 5695999

View attachment 5696000

View attachment 5696001

View attachment 5696003
Beautiful scarf - classic design! The blemishes are very tiny; once you start using and wearing it, you will most likely get a few of those, so I wouldn't sweat it. The price wise, it is a fair value for an unworn and crispy silk that is 25+ years of age. Enjoy it!