Is the YSL Icare Shopping bag just too big for a short woman?

fendigal

baguette collector
O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
I keep looking at the YSL Icare, but idk, it seems like a lot for someone only 5'2"? It looks good on Angelina Jolie and Katie Holmes, but I am short. I am looking at it online, because I think I will have to drive over an hour to Philly to get one.

I keep looking at the YSL Icare, but idk, it seems like a lot for someone only 5'2"? It looks good on Angelina Jolie and Katie Holmes, but I am short. I am looking at it online, because I think I will have to drive over an hour to Philly to get one.
This is the coolest bag ever. I say rock it, no matter your size. Plus, you can cinch in the sides to make it much smaller. Gorgeous, gorgeous special bag!

Reactions: J9Fell4Tiffanys
I don’t think you’ll know until you try it on. For myself it’s too big. Others can rock it. Once you try it, I think you’ll either love it or hesitate, then you’ll know your answer.

Reactions: papertiger
I am petite as well (5 ft around 100 lbs) and have this bag. When i first saw (last summer) i thought it was ridiculously large but couldn't stop thinking about it. After i purchased, it literally sat in the bag from the store forever and i never even took it out or thought about using it. Then i finally pulled the trigger and now i use it all the time. I have actually used it while traveling, a couple of times this was all i needed for a weekend getaway. I've never cinched in the sides but that is an option for a different shilouette. I always get compliments on this bag even from sales associates in other stores e.g. SA in botega venetta was drooling over it lol. I say if you like it, go for it and don't worry about size. In my book, whatever makes you happy goes!

Bag size (and/or style) is never just a question of height but body-shape, frame and even chosen style of shoe/boot.

As others have said, you will have to try on.

Omg if I could afford that bag - I’d get it in a heartbeat! I’m 5’3. You should definitely check it out in store but can probably rock it just great! I didn’t know the sides cinched in too so that would help. Let us know what you decide or post a mod shot :smile: