Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

My cynical reading of the headline was that being a Zee list actress was “the height of her fame” and she was included for click bait. No need for any casting directors to call her in the future, she’d already hit her professional ceiling as a Zee.
I actually read the article....she talked about how suits lasted seven years....of course that puts her on the level of the others mentioned in the headline. No. She is famous for nailing Harry. Period.

That’s awful I’m sorry. I have heard some shady things about Charles specifically including introducing invasive varieties into oyster beds (not very green) and that his office messes around a lot of tenants in Cornwall and Scilly isles.

For what it’s worth I’m of opinion H&M egregious are just particularly blatant examples of the wider degeneration into self-obsession, greed, hypocrisy and immorality amongst the whole royal household.
This is too strong. It's easy to criticise people one doesn't know but I can't believe such a description of Anne, William and Catherine, for example.

Certainly, it applies to the Malarkey Harkles, though, no doubt about that!

This is too strong. It's easy to criticise people one doesn't know but I can't believe such a description of Anne, William and Catherine, for example.

It is easy for me to believe that none of the Royals are paragons of virtue. They are human, just like the rest of us.

Last edited:
NM has ‘owned’ BG for years. NM has sent out a coveted Christmas Catalog for years, too. Always fun to guess what the Dallas elite will buy their loved ones. People do actually flank down the mega bucks for those gifts. Is this why Hazz went to the FW rodeo? Looking for MM’s gift?

Neiman Marcus is famous for its outrageous annual Christmas Book catalog, where money is often no object, and the gifts offer the ultimate bragging rights. Every year, the luxury store offers up many ridiculously priced items and a few affordable luxury products we can all enjoy.

Among the most original and exclusive things in this year's book are: a $333,333 private basketball-court session with one of the most famous players; a $65,000 Paris trip where you customize your fragrance with a renowned perfumer, and a
$3.2 million rare diamond tiara.
My neighbor gets the NM catalog and when she's done she tosses it over to me. I do love looking at all the ridiculous gifts. :loveeyes: A great guilty pleasure to enjoy with a cup of hot cocoa.:P

None of us have met H&M either (to my knowledge) but I think we all believe we’ve got a pretty good read on them.

I disagree that we don’t know the royals enough to criticise , I am basing my opinion on what’s been made public of their actions:- the arms dealing, the Epstein connection, even Will asking for another royal residence when most of the world is in a financial crisis- I think those are all pretty solid testaments to the characters involved and to me they are not counterbalanced by charitable/figurehead/service work because that’s their raison d’etre on paper.

Anne we don’t hear that much about but then she doesn’t seem to have that much power compared to her brothers and I do believe the old saying about power corrupting is very relevant with this family.