2022 Holiday Pendant

Question... is it really so shiny? One of the photos makes it look so shiny, like wet tile?
I thought it would be more flat and not so shiny.
These aren’t my pics but it does look on the glossier side because if reflects overhead spotlights but it’s not as obvious in other lighting conditions.

Is that a plastic tape over the motif? Or just the color contrast from the bulk motif and the edge of motif?

It’s color contrast, the plastic they use is a blue circular plastic piece they stick on the motif.

It's beautiful. Did you see a variation in the color of the other pendants?
These weren’t my photos but yes, those who have seen multiple in person have confirmed that there’s a variation in color between pendants.

I have the same thought. I think I prefer turquoise color more. I did decline to purchase the HP this year...
I can totally see why folks would prefer the bolder color of turquoise.

For me, the HP color is perfect. The bright color of turquoise pulls all wrong on my skin. While I love the color, I can’t wear it. I even turned down an offer for the turquoise butterfly because I knew it wouldn’t get appreciated as much as it should.

This more muted blue-green will suit me much better.

I can totally see why folks would prefer the bolder color of turquoise.

For me, the HP color is perfect. The bright color of turquoise pulls all wrong on my skin. While I love the color, I can’t wear it. I even turned down an offer for the turquoise butterfly because I knew it wouldn’t get appreciated as much as it should.

This more muted blue-green will suit me much better.

Yes, I totally agree with your thoughts. I think we pick the jewelries (color/stone/style) based on what look best on us.
Actually, if this is offered in 5-motif bracelet/10-motif necklace, I would be very tempted to buy them. A single motif HP is not my preferred style, as I only wear pendant/necklace that is bigger in size.

Last edited:
Yes, I totally agree with your thoughts. I think we pick the jewelries (color/stone/style) based on what look best on us.
Actually, if this is offered in 5-motif bracelet/10-motif necklace, I would be very tempted to buy them. A single motif HP is not my preferred style, as I only wear pendant/necklace that is bigger in size.
Exactly!

Here’s another comparison to turquoise.

25A9B441-DAE9-456E-B09E-8BC6EE9CA473.jpeg

I heard from some that they are much more prettier in person. Was a bit tempted but I decided to pass on it this year, cos just in my own opinion, I cannot justify paying AUD$6k for a porcelain stone which can easily break if you drop it and also I heard HP stones can’t be replaced if broken unlike the permanent line so have to be very careful :amazed: my husband said if it was a natural stone then he would be fine, but cos it is porcelain he said no too:oh: haha. Oh well, save my money this year. It is a tad too expensive paying that much for a porcelain. But that’s just my own opinion.

Still congrats to everyone of you who managed to purchase one! It looks gorgeous nevertheless! :biggrin::heart:

I was thinking I would pass but it turned out to be so pretty in person! Bonus is that while it is not a perfect match, it looks nice worn with my perlee ring and the difference in gold tone and shade aren’t really noticeable when worn.

View attachment 5621465
Best photo so far that shows how it actually looks in person. :love:
Congratulations!!

Same here.
I was thinking I would pass but it turned out to be so pretty in person! Bonus is that while it is not a perfect match, it looks nice worn with my perlee ring and the difference in gold tone and shade aren’t really noticeable when worn.

View attachment 5621465

20221001_173302.jpg

20221001_173302.jpg
It is very hard to capture the true colour. It also looks different under different lightings. Prettier in person definitely

20221001_183135.jpg