Anyone had a thread lift?

There are videos on the web, YouTube, Insta, and such, etc - you can actually watch this procedure before deciding whether or not thread lift is for you. I work for a provider; it's not super popular and frankly, by the time you're done paying, waiting, doing it again, etc, it's probably more cost effective and time efficient to have the facelift.
I went to two surgeons who both said there was no way I was ready for a FL, I just wanted a little vertical correction and had filler fatigue.
on Real Self I think the majority of people report they are happy but I also don’t know if they are really patients or ppl paid to do reviews.

Reactions: Sferics
I just found out about the threaded eye lift which is where they basically lift the outer ends of your eyebrows up using thread secured in your hairline I guess. It is why some celebs suddenly have "straight" or "pointed up" eyebrows, instead of them curving down. As far as the "knife through cheese" metaphor mentioned at the start of this discussion, I do get the metaphor as if not done well, the threads can be visible under the skin and possibly start moving up to the top of the skin more...It is all really interesting to me as I am looking for solutions for facial asymmetry. Bella Hadid's is obviously one of the better examples:

032j2cuma4j41.jpg

I just found out about the threaded eye lift which is where they basically lift the outer ends of your eyebrows up using thread secured in your hairline I guess. It is why some celebs suddenly have "straight" or "pointed up" eyebrows, instead of them curving down. As far as the "knife through cheese" metaphor mentioned at the start of this discussion, I do get the metaphor as if not done well, the threads can be visible under the skin and possibly start moving up to the top of the skin more...It is all really interesting to me as I am looking for solutions for facial asymmetry. Bella Hadid's is obviously one of the better examples:

View attachment 4926806
I have had two thread lifts and a forehead lift. I don't have any idea what Bella Hadid did to make her look so fabulous, but I can say that my forehead lift was the reason I had the drastic results you see that are similar to those you see in Bella. Thread lift is much more subtle.

Reactions: MOHCTEP and mdcx
Bella's results are definitely not due to threads of any kind - you cannot achieve her face with threads alone. :lol:

I've had ... oh I think probably 8 threads on each side of my face over the last few years. The results are instant and noticeable, but not a miracle worker. I still workout very intensely 4-5 times per week with a trainer and eat a very strict diet; that is where the real results come from. The threads are a nice touch just to keep everything tight in addition to a healthy diet & exercise.

I think that anyone trying to achieve a look like Bella's would have to have an actual mini or full face lift, IMO.

Anyhow, for anyone interested, yes they are worth it. They DO provide tightening and lifting, but it is subtle for sure.

The actual procedure is not pleasant - full disclosure. I know there are different methods. The method that I have had done involves a small "dot" incision made in the face, then a micro canula with the actual thread are "threaded" into the face. The canula is pulled back out, leaving the thread in place, which is then pulled taut. No lie - it is a little painful. If any of you have had cheek fillers, it is more painful than that. I would say about a 4-6 out of 10 depending on your tolerance. The part that hurts is when the canula needs to "tear" through the fibrous portions of your tissue. Luckily, the canula has lidocaine that is simultaneously injected while moving through your tissue, so it does soften the pain a little. Also good news, the tearing is literally one second each time with no residual pain. :yes:

The downtime is minimal. You'll definitely be sore for a few days after, but when done properly, you should not see swelling. Maybe a little, but nothing significant. If you are a side or stomach sleeper, just be prepared to not sleep on the side of your face as it will definitely be tender.

Outside of that? Nothing bad to report - I would definitely give the threads a try but do not expect huge results. Super subtle, but worth it IMO. Hope this helps someone! :flowers:

I just got Dysport this morning and was talking to the injector about how I can always see the filler in my tear troughs. I get puffy around the eyes from food allergy and histamine issues. She recommended PDO threads under my eyes. Anyone have any experience with them being used under the eyes?

I doubt threads are used for under eye tissue. Fillers or surgery, I was told, are the only options for under-eyes. As far as threads for face lift; My gf had it done before the full facelift. The results for my gf were very insignificant and lasted for a very short time. She later decided to go for facelift and had it done about 1 year ago. It mattered none to her plastic surgeon that she had them still under her skin. So if you have done it already ,don't worry , you can still have facelift without waiting for threads to be dissolved naturally. After 2-3 months when all swelling on her cheekbones have subsided the results were nothing short of miraculous. The important part is to research your doc. ask for examples of his work and never do it if he makes skin-only lifts, without touching the muscles or if you see his work resulting in : fishface, catface or that ridiculous wind tunnel effect.
I was very worried if the results would look anything like some of those monster-surgeries you see among some C-list celebs or in NYC (UWS etc.) You know when you look at the person and think : ''Did you actually pay to look like that?''...
Fortunately (as doc. promised) my gf looked just 10 years younger but without any signs of surgery at all. Her incisions healed to nearly invisible. She has very fair and thin skin and that was a concern, but all went well.
The right doctor is everything.

Last edited:
Does that work well for under eye issues (bags, loss of volume etc) ?
Yes, of course, it may be a good option for people who would like to improve the way the skin around their eyes looks without using surgery. Threads are placed under the skin near the eyes and eyebrows, and it lifts the sagging skin and gives you skin that looks more firm and smooth.

I'm considering getting a threadlift here in Singapore with Dr Karen Sng. Based on what I've read, it's supposed to be minimally invasive so hopefully the results would look very natural.

I'm considering getting a thread lift for my jowls soon. My consultation is soon. I googled some results and they look really good! Also looking into a V to the Y plasty with threads on my upper lip

@QuelleFromage, @jenaywins , @haute okole, thank you for your insights,

but (I was most riveted with the granular detail of @jenaywins’s post, bc basically I have a very low pain tolerance
and I’m also somewhat squeamish and I would prefer not to feel any of that lol

i recently had a bit of lipostructure (your own fat used as filler) and some suction to be less jowly
(this can also address under eye bags by filling and smoothing the plane of the area)

am thrilled with those results (subtle, basically me but better) I doubt even my mom would notice

now that lifts are said to be less invasive, I think they may be a viable alternative

previously I’ve had Botox and vollure filler

Hadid is unquestionably gorgeous, but somewhat other worldly

Last edited: