Please help me choose

Which one?

• Caro pouch

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • LD phone pouch

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters
At retail price? Tbh, neither.

I only like the blue one because of the color but the clasp design unfortunately makes the bag appear dated (to me). I remember when they tried to introduce that type of turn-lock closure in 2018 (or maybe it was 2017?), and it did not sell well at all.

If you really like it, best to look at the pre-loved websites.

Here are a couple similar bags (you can see how much the value drops for Dior):
https://www.fashionphile.com/p/christian-dior-lambskin-cannage-miss-dior-chain-wallet-navy-1034094
https://www.fashionphile.com/p/christian-dior-satin-cannage-lady-dior-clutch-blue-1028875

Also, on the shoulder or crossbody, I just have a feeling, since the closure sticks out from such a flat surface, it will have a tendency to hit and bump into things more often than you'd like or think. :-s

The floral one, while seasonal, the floral design itself is not that extravagant or trendy. It's actually quite a classic floral pattern that I think can be brought out again and again every spring/summer without the fear of looking too old or outdated. Tbh, if I saw it from a distance, I probably would not recognize it as Dior, but more of a cute floral bag.
It is white though...keep it clean and away from denim!

But since it's such a "basic" or classic floral pattern, I personally would not think its worth it to pay full price, and again, would rather go the pre-loved route.

Also, side note, generally, I'm not a fan of full chain straps, especially if the chain links are on the bigger side or have bigger holes/gaps. (I'd prefer a leather bit where it touches the shoulder) Even if the bag is small and light, I don't like the feeling of the chain on my skin (especially in the summer when it's hot and I'll probably show more skin). Or the chain potentially snagging onto my clothes/threads.

Just my 2 cents though. Hope that gave you some food for thought. Good luck! and happy shopping! :smile:

At retail price? Tbh, neither.

I only like the blue one because of the color but the clasp design unfortunately makes the bag appear dated (to me). I remember when they tried to introduce that type of turn-lock closure in 2018 (or maybe it was 2017?), and it did not sell well at all.

If you really like it, best to look at the pre-loved websites.

Here are a couple similar bags (you can see how much the value drops for Dior):
https://www.fashionphile.com/p/christian-dior-lambskin-cannage-miss-dior-chain-wallet-navy-1034094
https://www.fashionphile.com/p/christian-dior-satin-cannage-lady-dior-clutch-blue-1028875

Also, on the shoulder or crossbody, I just have a feeling, since the closure sticks out from such a flat surface, it will have a tendency to hit and bump into things more often than you'd like or think. :-s

The floral one, while seasonal, the floral design itself is not that extravagant or trendy. It's actually quite a classic floral pattern that I think can be brought out again and again every spring/summer without the fear of looking too old or outdated. Tbh, if I saw it from a distance, I probably would not recognize it as Dior, but more of a cute floral bag.
It is white though...keep it clean and away from denim!

But since it's such a "basic" or classic floral pattern, I personally would not think its worth it to pay full price, and again, would rather go the pre-loved route.

Also, side note, generally, I'm not a fan of full chain straps, especially if the chain links are on the bigger side or have bigger holes/gaps. (I'd prefer a leather bit where it touches the shoulder) Even if the bag is small and light, I don't like the feeling of the chain on my skin (especially in the summer when it's hot and I'll probably show more skin). Or the chain potentially snagging onto my clothes/threads.

Just my 2 cents though. Hope that gave you some food for thought. Good luck! and happy shopping! :smile:
Thank you for your thorough comments. I do have the same concerns as most of the points you brought up. This is very useful and helps me think twice.(Might eventually save me some $$).:cool:

Reactions: lill_canele
I agree with lill canele on this one, they’re quite expensive for what they are and I wouldn’t buy either one. I know this is a Dior forum, but $2650 is exactly what I paid for my Chanel Vanity with Chain bag brand new and that’s more functional as a handbag IMHO, so I agree to go preowned.

Out of those two, they both still look really good but I’m boring, so I’d go with the more basics blue one because it will be easier to match with outfits/ more classic

Reactions: lill_canele