Apple TV+ What are you watching?

Ok - let me start. So I was not able to sleep last night and stumbled on "The Woman Who Ate Photographs" under the Title "ROAR", episode two.

It was Nicole Kidman, Aussie actress, set in Sydney/Surrounds.

Really good story, compelling about a daughter coming to terms with her mother coming to live with the family due to dementia.

But here is the thing that won't mean anything to you unless you are from Sydney - like me.

I was unable to enjoy it because all the locations were 'out of whack' in the sense of geography!

She was meant to drive from A to B and then back again (the long way) but she was going from A to D to C to B north/south/back tracking etc. I understand it was all for cinematography reasons - but man it was annoying!!! I was like - YOU ARE GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION! YOU ARE LOST NICOLE!!! And then they are at the Big Potato (near Nicole's home in the Southern Highlands) and then it took like 24 hours to end up two hours away (the Sea Bridge) and I am like... what have you been doing all this time driving???

Hahahahaha.

Anyway, ENJOY IT.

It was a great idea and both Nicole and Judy Davis performed beautifully.

ScarfBloke.

• Haha
Reactions: Shopgirl1996
Ok - let me start. So I was not able to sleep last night and stumbled on "The Woman Who Ate Photographs" under the Title "ROAR", episode two.

It was Nicole Kidman, Aussie actress, set in Sydney/Surrounds.

Really good story, compelling about a daughter coming to terms with her mother coming to live with the family due to dementia.

But here is the thing that won't mean anything to you unless you are from Sydney - like me.

I was unable to enjoy it because all the locations were 'out of whack' in the sense of geography!

She was meant to drive from A to B and then back again (the long way) but she was going from A to D to C to B north/south/back tracking etc. I understand it was all for cinematography reasons - but man it was annoying!!! I was like - YOU ARE GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION! YOU ARE LOST NICOLE!!! And then they are at the Big Potato (near Nicole's home in the Southern Highlands) and then it took like 24 hours to end up two hours away (the Sea Bridge) and I am like... what have you been doing all this time driving???

Hahahahaha.

Anyway, ENJOY IT.

It was a great idea and both Nicole and Judy Davis performed beautifully.

ScarfBloke.
I was curious, after reading your post, to watch the episode. I then came back here to understand what I didn't understand the first time I read your post.

I laughed out loud thinking of how absurd it was for you and funny too...especially the Big Potato scene and the driving that followed.

The rest of the world not familiar with your country won't give it a second thought. Just know, when/if I rewatch the episode in the future, I'll think of you and will probably laugh again!

Thanks for the geography lesson.

Late to the party but just finished Season 1 of Ted Lasso. Loved it and didn't think I would.
Yes! I didn't think I would like it either. In fact, I first thought Ted was over the top sappy. However, I didn't turn it off....kept watching and ended up binging the rest of the episodes. It's a cute show, great writing, terrific actors and shot well. Can understand the awards.

I didn't know season 2 already started since I don't regularly subscribe. I only subscribe when there is a show I like to binge and then wait to resubscribe until something else comes along that interests me lol.
I just signed up because my carrier, T-Mobile offered a one year free subscription. Add that to Apple's 7 day free trial and I have it now for 372 days. :lol:

Apple TV has great shows.

Just finished Tehran.
DH and I also watched WeCrashed.

@ScarfBloke, I live in America and enjoyed ROAR. The woman who ate photographs was a lovely sweet story. (And while I missed the bad geography, I have experienced it when films are made in Northern California.) BTW, the other episodes are great too.