Working at Hermes

I think I know who you're referring too as I follow her and her mother, too. The mother is a manager of H leather department so maybe that is why she can get several quota bags and exotics, too? She doesn't seem to have any struggle getting the colors she wants and they are all Bs and Ks, although her collection also includes a few Bolides and Toolboxes. She just recently gifted a Kelly I believe.

Can someone share the name of the YT? Would be interested to see

Reactions: rclimbing
Different countries and stores have different rules. The SAs I know in the U.S. have one quota bag at most because they are quite expensive, and the 30% discount is not that much. Ultimately, they are not paid that well.
Well 30% is better than nothing right? Also a quota bag x year not to bad also.. I wouldn’t mind tbh

I know well who you're referring to - been following both for years now on YT.

If you look closely, you'll notice the embossed serial number next to the Hermes logo on the Kelly she gifted her daughter.

Well 30% is better than nothing right? Also a quota bag x year not to bad also.. I wouldn’t mind tbh

And yes, 30% off is not bad at all!
Many major fashion brands, only offer 30% off to employees.

I know well who you're referring to - been following both for years now on YT.

If you look closely, you'll notice the embossed serial number next to the Hermes logo on the Kelly she gifted her daughter.

And yes, 30% off is not bad at all!
Many major fashion brands, only offer 30% off to employees.
Actually I didn’t pay attention to the close up of the bag… does it mean something? The serial number I mean..?

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Don't worry stressing about exposing them - If on youtube - they are well in the public domain!! I have seen the videos ... interesting but obviously avid collectors. Lucky to work for the brand if they love it!
From my understanding those bags were all gifted from her mom besides one she got herself in Sydney. But her mum is a huge Hermès lover

I'm struggling to imagine that any SA's would be buying B's and K's with their salary, even if they got a pretty hefty discount. But I guess I'm only thinking about "regular" and likely younger people who are working to make a living, while there will always be people from well-off family backgrounds that are maybe able to spend the majority of their income recreationally. Or more mature SA's who've already established their lives and can enjoy the perks more freely.

I'm struggling to imagine that any SA's would be buying B's and K's with their salary, even if they got a pretty hefty discount. But I guess I'm only thinking about "regular" and likely younger people who are working to make a living, while there will always be people from well-off family backgrounds that are maybe able to spend the majority of their income recreationally. Or more mature SA's who've already established their lives and can enjoy the perks more freely.
Not necessarily. I know an SA from another luxury brand (not H) well. Her family does well and she just took the job because she doesn’t want to “stay at home” and she’s a good salesperson lol. Her kids go to private schools and she definitely buys luxury items.

Yes, but how much do they make? Under $100k? After tax, that doesn’t make much room for quota bags, even at 30% off.

Bags are excluded from the personal employee 30% off in store, while everything else is included (RTW, HOME, PERFUMES etc).

This is because, they can get them from their personal employee online store (at least, this is what I've been told by my friend who works for H). I honestly don't know what they're priced there and I also don't want to ask ( I think knowing they're sold for a fraction of the price we pay them in store, would probably turn me off from purchasing any more).

But, if its like Chanel or Gucci, were employees can access these portals, I wouldn't be surprised if bags are priced at only 10-20% of the RRP.

• Wow
Reactions: Flowerlily