Do you buy backups of your fave bags?

I haven’t done this but It sounds like a good idea. I do have the habit of permanently retiring some of my classics after very little use or especially after it comes back from the ‘spa’ looking brand new. I find myself buying a lot more of and beating up my seasonals but getting very stingy with my use of my old school faves so they stay perfect lol I’m weird :biggrin:

Reactions: kosin30
I haven’t done this but It sounds like a good idea. I do have the habit of permanently retiring some of my classics after very little use or especially after it comes back from the ‘spa’ looking brand new. I find myself buying a lot more of and beating up my seasonals but getting very stingy with my use of my old school faves so they stay perfect lol I’m weird :biggrin:

Well, that makes sense. Old school faves are irreplaceable!

Reactions: bosslady
I don’t. I couldn’t really afford to nor would I wish to for 2 reasons. I’d rather spend the money on something else and I wouldn’t want to deprive another person getting the same bag if I were to have 2. I don’t think that’s fair. Plus in my country there are strict limits on the number of purchases on slgs and bags in 60 days so how people manage it is beyond me!
Woahhhh what country is this? I’ve never heard of purchase limits at Chanel before?

I haven’t done exact color and style for bags yet. But I have done so for exact style and size, but different colors for other brands. I personally wouldn’t mind moving on to a different color if the first one wore down.
I have bought backups exact color and style for bag charms and other small accessories, I think it’s mostly the price of a full size bag in the same color and style putting me off. Second reason is I have limited storage space so for full size bags, so I would need to justify it more thoroughly.
However, I have realized in my hoarding of different colored handbag doubles, that:
1. I don’t actually wear down my bags that easily
2. I don’t mind a little wear and tear on most of my bags
3. I do have phases of loving one style then moving on.
I worry eventually I might consider an exact double of an old favorite bag to be redundant and view it as clutter. If it’s truly a holy grail bag, I would consider purchasing a double. But I might still go for a different color/leather first, before feeling comfortable getting the same thing twice.

I haven’t done exact color and style for bags yet. But I have done so for exact style and size, but different colors for other brands. I personally wouldn’t mind moving on to a different color if the first one wore down.
I have bought backups exact color and style for bag charms and other small accessories, I think it’s mostly the price of a full size bag in the same color and style putting me off. Second reason is I have limited storage space so for full size bags, so I would need to justify it more thoroughly.
However, I have realized in my hoarding of different colored handbag doubles, that:
1. I don’t actually wear down my bags that easily
2. I don’t mind a little wear and tear on most of my bags
3. I do have phases of loving one style then moving on.
I worry eventually I might consider an exact double of an old favorite bag to be redundant and view it as clutter. If it’s truly a holy grail bag, I would consider purchasing a double. But I might still go for a different color/leather first, before feeling comfortable getting the same thing twice.
Totally agree with you on this. When I really love a bag, I’ve gotten a classic AND mini version! Then I come to regret it a bit as it seems redundant. Like which should I wear? And that’s when you should sell...yet I can never bring myself to do it!!! So now the idea of an exact copy of a favorite seems of course, excessive and redundant. I’m quite aware of this.

But I think I would only do it for this one particular bag as it’s my HG! To the point of keeping it in different places! I mean, I live in California. What if there’s a wildfire??! I digress. Or maybe not and it’s the anxiety of everything - pandemic, wildfires making me process my emotional duress in the security of backup bags! Yikes!

Nope! Should anything happen to the bags I love using, there will always be another bag I’ll fall in love with! (This is especially true with Chanel). You could always sell the backup bag if you decide you don’t need it, but I am personally getting tired of this buying and selling hamster wheel.

Totally agree with you on this. When I really love a bag, I’ve gotten a classic AND mini version! Then I come to regret it a bit as it seems redundant. Like which should I wear? And that’s when you should sell...yet I can never bring myself to do it!!! So now the idea of an exact copy of a favorite seems of course, excessive and redundant. I’m quite aware of this.

But I think I would only do it for this one particular bag as it’s my HG! To the point of keeping it in different places! I mean, I live in California. What if there’s a wildfire??! I digress. Or maybe not and it’s the anxiety of everything - pandemic, wildfires making me process my emotional duress in the security of backup bags! Yikes!
I WORRY ABOUT THIS TOO! :biggrin:In the wake of all the natural disasters that have occurred in 2020, I worry about what i’ll be able to take with me in an emergency. I think i’ll take a maximum of two full size bags, one mini bag (if I can get my hands on a mini Kelly), and my two favorite bag charms. Plus the usual: cash & ID etc.

I have not done this for any of my Chanel bags. I do have the same style Chanel bags in different colors, but it was only because I could not decide which color to keep (not because I wanted a back up). If someone has the money for it and they absolutely love the bag, I don’t see a problem with owning a back up. I only have one bag that I bought a duplicate for, and it’s my cheap h&m travel bag. It is the absolute perfect travel bag for me and after I used it for many flights, I purchased another. If it was still being sold, I probably would buy another for a back up for my back up lol.

Reactions: kosin30