Do you buy backups of your fave bags?

I have. I bought a backup black caviar jumbo with ghw. I was starting to get afraid to use my first one because I wouldn’t necessarily be able to replace it down the line with all these price increases so I went ahead and bought a second one as a back up.
Amazing! And how do you feel about that now?

I have a confession to make! I do own backups now for 2 of my items lol! :blush:

For the first one, the classic caviar black WOC with GHW, I never really intended to get a backup but I had my first one since 2018 which has the older snap closure (I do own other older WOCs with snap closure and that’s totally fine) but I was tempted to replace mine with the newer magnetic closure so I bought one and was planning to sell the old one but then thought why not keep both and then the idea of having it as a backup came to my mind.

Fast forward to today, I just ordered a backup of another item, the small 19 in black goatskin! I love the 19 so much and especially the small in black is super practical. I never even imagined that I’d find an older season goatskin in the boutique but my SA surprisingly had a few! I ordered my first 10 days ago and ordered the 2nd today. My justification this time is that Chanel no longer releases the 19 in goatskin :angel:

I know this might sound crazy to many people but it does make me happy and much more comfortable using the bags especially that these 2 styles are my most carefree/practical/every day bags so it does make sense, well atleast to me :lol:

On the longer run and as an additional justification, I plan to gift many of my handbags to my daughter so I’m happy to have a nice collection of classic staples to share with her in the near future :heart:

Sorry for the long post but felt like sharing my experience/thoughts regarding this topic.

Thank you for reading :smile:

You could always sell the backup bag if you decide you don’t need it, but I am personally getting tired of this buying and selling hamster wheel.
OMG! Yes! I’m so careful about buying because I hate selling!
I WORRY ABOUT THIS TOO! :biggrin:In the wake of all the natural disasters that have occurred in 2020, I worry about what i’ll be able to take with me in an emergency. I think i’ll take a maximum of two full size bags, one mini bag (if I can get my hands on a mini Kelly), and my two favorite bag charms. Plus the usual: cash & ID etc.
But, that is what insurance is for. If everything is scheduled and properly insured, you are owed the funds to get that exact item back.

—————

I would never buy a back up. As I just commented, in case of a loss, my bags are insured and I can buy exactly what I had resale.

That being said, as much as I adore my babies, I likely would want very few a second time around. There are so many amazing bags, I’d probably enjoy rebuilding my collection with some “old” but a lot of new bags. :smile:

I have backups of 1 of my favorite MCM bags and one LV item and I am questioning my sanity. The LV item came today and is an slg I use a lot. I am debating returning and instead getting a bag. But I love it so much!

I have a confession to make! I do own backups now for 2 of my items lol! :blush:

For the first one, the classic caviar black WOC with GHW, I never really intended to get a backup but I had my first one since 2018 which has the older snap closure (I do own other older WOCs with snap closure and that’s totally fine) but I was tempted to replace mine with the newer magnetic closure so I bought one and was planning to sell the old one but then thought why not keep both and then the idea of having it as a backup came to my mind.

Fast forward to today, I just ordered a backup of another item, the small 19 in black goatskin! I love the 19 so much and especially the small in black is super practical. I never even imagined that I’d find an older season goatskin in the boutique but my SA surprisingly had a few! I ordered my first 10 days ago and ordered the 2nd today. My justification this time is that Chanel no longer releases the 19 in goatskin :angel:

I know this might sound crazy to many people but it does make me happy and much more comfortable using the bags especially that these 2 styles are my most carefree/practical/every day bags so it does make sense, well atleast to me :lol:

On the longer run and as an additional justification, I plan to gift many of my handbags to my daughter so I’m happy to have a nice collection of classic staples to share with her in the near future :heart:

Sorry for the long post but felt like sharing my experience/thoughts regarding this topic.

Thank you for reading :smile:
Confession too- I also have a backup of the 21A caramel. It wasn’t intentional but after missing out on 21P brown, I couldn’t risk not getting it. So I reached out to 2 SAs for it early on with the intention of passing the second one on to a friend if both SAs came through. Both SAs came through. That friend ended up not wanting it and I ended up keeping both. I didn’t want to resell it since the plates are traceable to the original owner if chanel discovered it. But as a result- I use my first one more comfortably because I know I have a backup. :nuts: :angel: