Pillow eye candy

My first thoughts about this Pillow MMPA:

1) I know people pay premium for quality leather or almost indestructible canvas of LV and this piece is neither. It is considered as a seasonal “fashion” take on the popular MPA. Price wise seem really high for recycled nylon fabric. It’s really similar in style (size, material) and usage like the mummy’s bag, Jujube’s Be Quick. JJB cost $30 USD. LV’s MMPA is $2430 USD.

2) Despite that, I convince myself I’m actually getting “2 bags” instead of one because each of the pochette is quite decently-sized, I could hold enough things to really use it alone each, without compromising my lifestyle. And that is precisely how I would use it, separately instead of everything hanging together.

3) I really like the carefree style, no worries of scratching or glazing issues, no vachette leather trims to worry too. I would think there would be no issues with rain splatter too since it’s fabric though I haven’t tried it outside my home.

4) The size may look quite intimidating huge but it is still acceptable for me as it’s quite close to a speedy 25 or Coussin PM which I’m quite used to as well. I like that it’s flatter than Speedy 25 / Coussin PM too, as both of them can be pretty “fat” depth wise.

5) I bought and returned the Palm Springs Mini recently. It could fit my lifestyle but with no spare space to fit anything extra should I need to. The black pochette actually fits about the same amount of stuff as Palm Springs Mini to be honest. The difference is that PSM is compact, so it’s hard to take out and fit things into the PSM when it’s fully stuff (things are in front, behind one another), while it is relatively easy to take and keep anything in MMPA as you could access the entire bag easily. I don’t deny the PSM looks way more stylish than MMPA. However, I prioritize ease of use over style.

6) Its shoulder-friendly too because it’s lightweight, fabric and adjustable straps.

Most likely, I would keep this piece (80% keep, 20% return). The only thing tugging at my heart is point (1)… Really quite expensive for a fabric bag and to be honest I also really love using the JuJuBe Be Quick as well and it seems like just a super Lux version of the Be Quick too.

I hope no one is suckered to buy this cheap looking stuff…:yucky::yucky::yucky::yucky:
Please. We all know that the bags could literally be the ugliest things on the face of the earth, and so long as they can be called "limited," people will buy them, even if only to put on display.

I do find it hilarious that people complain about paying luxury prices for nylon, though, as if plastic-coasted canvas or even real leather was actually worth the thousands of dollars these companies charge.

Let's be honest, people: real leather doesn't cost as much as what these companies are charging. You're paying for cachet. That's fine. Just admit it.

Yes I did! It’s funny, I saw it and loved it but looks like most people hate it… lol. Actually I think it will likely hold its shape better than monogram canvas since the material is thicker but like other speedys, I’ll probably need to use an insert or at least a base if I don’t want it to sag over time

Thank you so much for sharing! Have you had a chance to use it some more to see how it’s breaking in? Well, I suppose there isn’t a real break in period with it but wondering how it’s worked for you everyday? :smile: I really like the look of the pieces too. I have a Damier Speedy 25 Ebene that I got awhile ago. I even got a 25 Empriente in navy/red but I wasn’t in love. Maybe I’ll wait to check this one out in person. I do like that it’s casual, as athleisure is definitely a style these days since COVID too. Enjoy your new bag!!

Reactions: bbkctpf
I can’t decide between the speedy or mmpa. Mmpa is what I was drawn to at first but after watching a video on how the items look in the bag I’m not sure if I’ll be able to fully utilize both pouches since they puff out and slouch when you put items in. I like how the speedy holds its shape but I’m ok if it slouched too. With the mmpa when both pouches slouch it changes the look of the bag I feel.
Thanks for your photos and details/thoughts @Jumper and @TraceySH !!! I am loving the fun and care-free aspect of this collection (not to mention I'm a sucker for olive/khaki green color) and your postings is helping (enabling!) me to decide whether to get the Speedy or MMPA. Decisions, decisions!

My first thoughts about this Pillow MMPA:

1) I know people pay premium for quality leather or almost indestructible canvas of LV and this piece is neither. It is considered as a seasonal “fashion” take on the popular MPA. Price wise seem really high for recycled nylon fabric. It’s really similar in style (size, material) and usage like the mummy’s bag, Jujube’s Be Quick. JJB cost $30 USD. LV’s MMPA is $2430 USD.

2) Despite that, I convince myself I’m actually getting “2 bags” instead of one because each of the pochette is quite decently-sized, I could hold enough things to really use it alone each, without compromising my lifestyle. And that is precisely how I would use it, separately instead of everything hanging together.

3) I really like the carefree style, no worries of scratching or glazing issues, no vachette leather trims to worry too. I would think there would be no issues with rain splatter too since it’s fabric though I haven’t tried it outside my home.

4) The size may look quite intimidating huge but it is still acceptable for me as it’s quite close to a speedy 25 or Coussin PM which I’m quite used to as well. I like that it’s flatter than Speedy 25 / Coussin PM too, as both of them can be pretty “fat” depth wise.

5) I bought and returned the Palm Springs Mini recently. It could fit my lifestyle but with no spare space to fit anything extra should I need to. The black pochette actually fits about the same amount of stuff as Palm Springs Mini to be honest. The difference is that PSM is compact, so it’s hard to take out and fit things into the PSM when it’s fully stuff (things are in front, behind one another), while it is relatively easy to take and keep anything in MMPA as you could access the entire bag easily. I don’t deny the PSM looks way more stylish than MMPA. However, I prioritize ease of use over style.

6) Its shoulder-friendly too because it’s lightweight, fabric and adjustable straps.

Most likely, I would keep this piece (80% keep, 20% return). The only thing tugging at my heart is point (1)… Really quite expensive for a fabric bag and to be honest I also really love using the JuJuBe Be Quick as well and it seems like just a super Lux version of the Be Quick too.
Point 5 was very helpful. I didn’t think it could fit that much!

Reactions: Jumper
I can’t decide between the speedy or mmpa. Mmpa is what I was drawn to at first but after watching a video on how the items look in the bag I’m not sure if I’ll be able to fully utilize both pouches since they puff out and slouch when you put items in. I like how the speedy holds its shape but I’m ok if it slouched too. With the mmpa when both pouches slouch it changes the look of the bag I feel.
I watched the video too and now am even more undecided! I've always been drawn to the MPA but found the pouches to be too small to hold everything that I typically carry around so the MMPA would be perfect. The Speedy could hold everything too. My back-n-forth is about 1) whether I want my items neatly organized into pouches in the MMPA or all dumped into a single space in the Speedy and 2) whether I can/want to spend the money on this.

I hate to admit I love puffy bags. I have a puffy Chanel and a pufffy Chloe. I know…I know…. But they’re soooooo fun!
Me too!! I once owned a puffy Chanel Bubble Quilt Hobo in Dark Green Lambskin and it was a lot of fun using it. (I super duper regret selling this....maybe subconsciously I'm trying to replace this with the newly released LV ones??)

Reactions: EpiFanatic
I watched the video too and now am even more undecided! I've always been drawn to the MPA but found the pouches to be too small to hold everything that I typically carry around so the MMPA would be perfect. The Speedy could hold everything too. My back-n-forth is about 1) whether I want my items neatly organized into pouches in the MMPA or all dumped into a single space in the Speedy and 2) whether I can/want to spend the money on this.
I haven’t had any MPA before while I had some speedys so I thought I would get the MMPA instead of another speedy. Diversify my bags so to speak.

I’m having the same debate! Let me know if you end up pulling the trigger any time soon :smile: I’m in California and I’m debating if it might be worth waiting for my possible trip to Hawaii in January:biggrin: