William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

I'm sure she eats well and works out, but also judging from her mom and sister she might have some genetic advantage as well.
Genetic and eating well are very important. Also, her support staff is likely playing a major role on it. A healthy and tasty diet takes time to organize/prepare, and we often end up eating takeout…

Wow. :amazed::eek::wtf:

The Queen admits she is ‘irritated’ by world leaders who ‘talk but don’t DO’ in rare public intervention ahead of climate change summit - just hours after Prince William's blast for billionaires over space tourism
  • The Queen attended the sixth ceremonial opening of the Welsh parliament in Cardiff today
  • She was over heard on a TV livestream saying she is 'irritated' by world leaders' inaction on climate change
  • Comes as China's Xi Jinping is set to snub Cop26 summit while Modi and Putin are yet to accept invitations
  • The 95-year-old monarch was speaking to Duchess of Cornwall and parliamentary presiding officer Elin Jones
  • Remarks are a rare public insight into the politically neutral – and tight-lipped – monarch's personal views
  • Her Majesty is set to play host to world leaders at next month's UN Cop26 climate conference in Glasgow

Kind of ironic after the story carryon2020 posted on how her lawyers lobbied for her to have a exception from following the laws of Scotland reguarding climate change for the Queen to make such statements. Do as I say not as I do seems to be a theme for this family.

While the royal family as a whole have an enormously giant carbon footprint and it is hypocritical for them to comment on he’s not wrong. These guys in the great space race are basically having a “who as the biggest d!ck” contest IMO. Meanwhile they’re trashing our planet to one up each other.

That's not petty, it's the REAL truth. Malignant reads her boring book to kids forced to listen and yawn; William and Kate engage with kids in an exciting and meaningful exercise. And on and on, frankly, the examples are piling up the longer the Morons of Montishitshow are on the loose. They've gone from "Dumb and Dumber" to "Dumber and Dumbest"
Paging MaggieMuggins for a nickname medal :biggrin:

Kind of ironic after the story carryon2020 posted on how her lawyers lobbied for her to have a exception from following the laws of Scotland reguarding climate change for the Queen to make such statements. Do as I say not as I do seems to be a theme for this family.

While the royal family as a whole have an enormously giant carbon footprint and it is hypocritical for them to comment on he’s not wrong. These guys in the great space race are basically having a “who as the biggest d!ck” contest IMO. Meanwhile they’re trashing our planet to one up each other.

I liked and like our NASA program. We reaped enormous benefits from the program, not simply in terms of space, but in terms of the mental & physical challenges of sending people into the unknown. In order to thrive, our brains require the challenge. The knowledge we learn from studying space applies to this planet, too. It is all connected.

To deny people the opportunity to learn about our solar system and beyond, — No, emphatically No, I will not support that. We have known since the 1950s [and earlier] how to clean up pollution. There is no mystery in it. It is not ‘news’ that we have pollution. Yes, we took it seriously long ago, too. Ask yourself why hasn’t the entire world supported this effort. Not just 10 or so countries, but the whole world. Why?

If the BRF wants this earthshot to be a success, it should refrain from criticising those who are trying to make it better. Will is showing his lack of scientific understanding of the solar system as well as his lack of understanding geo-political forces. Perhaps he should speak to real scientists rather than actors and activists who have their own agendas. Sure, saving the planet is ostensibly their agenda, look below the surface - they have a hidden agenda [see paragraph 2].

My 2 cents, worth much less due to inflation.

ETA:
I understand the resistance to the vanity space trips, I really do. Still, I support the side of knowledge and learning. Bezos is a summa cum laude graduate in Electrical Engineering & computer science from Princeton. Musk has an Economics degree and Physics degree from University of Pennsylvania. Although they don’t always act it, these are intelligent people. They learn something from each trip. Of course, they don’t share everything they learn. The show business travelers do it for the glamor-shot. While I wish they weren’t part of the trip, I understand why they are - they bring in some money and media coverage.

Just Google ‘benefits of space exploration’, there is more to it than William realises. IMO he and all world leaders should encourage gaining knowledge in all areas. It’s kinda worrisome that he isn’t. Again, we know and have known for many years how to fix the pollution issue. Charles was ahead of this issue in some ways, so what has Will done, besides the lectures? To build their credibility, perhaps they could post a monthly account of their real carbon footprint. Don’t include the offsets, just the real, raw numbers.

My opinion.

Last edited:
In today‘s Wall Street Journal opinion page - most comments don’t support William’s views.
Curious to know what William thought he would accomplish with his comments. Where’s Richard Branson on this discussion?

William Shatner of “Star Trek” fame didn’t see any Klingons or Romulans during his recent trip to outer space, but he’s now firing a few photon torpedoes at another enemy of the whole enterprise. This week Britain’s Prince William, without mentioning any names, told a BBC interviewer: “We need some of the world’s greatest brains and minds fixed on trying to repair this planet, not trying to find the next place to go and live.”

The BBC journalist then mused about the carbon footprint presumably created by a rocket flight for leisure, which Prince William agreed was a “fundamental question.” What rubbish, as the Brits say.

For one thing, exactly zero Earthlings are “giving up and heading out into space,” as Prince William put it. Certainly Mr. Shatner isn’t, judging by his remarks upon landing about the precariousness of Earth’s atmosphere. “It’s so thin,” he said, “and you’re through it in an instant.”
As for the carbon footprint, it isn’t what you imagine. Mr. Shatner went up on Blue Origin’s New Shepard rocket, which burns liquid hydrogen and oxygen. “The main emissions will be water and some minor combustion products, and virtually no CO2,” an atmospheric scientist told LiveScience.com in July. That isn’t to claim no effects: Building the rocket and producing the flight creates carbon emissions, no doubt, but so does putting on a royal wedding with a crowd of global guests and a military flyover.

The larger point is what the prince’s cramped view of private spaceflight says about the lowering of human ambitions. Think of the British mountaineer George Mallory, who was asked in the 1920s why he wanted to try scaling Mount Everest. His reported reply echoes through history: “Because it’s there.” We can imagine Mallory’s answer if someone had scolded him to quit running away to a mountaintop, since we have real issues down here at sea level.

That seems to be the spirit of Captain Kirk’s response to Prince William. “He’s a lovely, gentle, educated man, but he’s got the wrong idea,” Mr. Shatner told Entertainment Tonight. “The idea here is not to go, ‘Yeah, look at me. I’m in space!’” He said the Blue Origin flight was simply another “baby step” into the heavens.

After the Space Shuttle retired in 2011, the U.S. ended up paying Russia to take astronauts to orbit. Isn’t it better to have American billionaires competing for that business? And who knows what might come next. Mr. Shatner floated the idea of electricity generation in the heavens: “You can build a base 250, 280 miles above the Earth and send that power down here.” Beam it down, Scotty.