Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These colors are amazing! The last scarf with the green border has such rich deep colors, a treasure!
Well hello Scarflandia! After a nice long 10.5 hours sleep, I am ready (ok, "ready" is a little too optimistic :lol: ) to get my day going!

I checked in when I had time last week, but mostly cheered from the sidelines since I was so busy (and recuperating from my bump and cut on the head... :doh: ). It was PduV, Axis Mundi and Tigre Royal for the win!

Now it is time to shift gears for the new week (but I can envision LOTS of crossover options so keep the goodness coming).

This week, to synchronize with our 10 Lords a Leaping for October, we're going to celebrate scarves with leapers of all kinds!

10 Oct 2021 Quantum Leap: Horses, cheetahs, deer, squirrels, bunnies, monkeys, all who leap high

Now, for me, this week is already sounding like it's time to sift through my Dallet scarves :biggrin: but I still don't think I have any bunnies anywhere. (I promise to check...) :lol:

Treve de l'Eau is filled with little tree and ground dwelling fauna:

View attachment 5219157
View attachment 5219158

View attachment 5219159

View attachment 5219161

And shifting continents to South America, the beautiful jaguar is jungle dweller who often lives and hunts partially in the trees. Here with Jaguar Quetzal (and my own little leaper....Frieda)

View attachment 5219168
View attachment 5219160
These scarves are all so gorgeous

Let's see how many Leaping Lords of the Wild come out to play this week! take it away scarfies!
I love all of these, especially the last one you styled with your cheetah print top looks soooo stylish! I love it.
For @bruxelles70, the lighter cw of my Pivoines 90cm. (Psst... your Petit Duc is making my credit card vibrate...:nuts::drool: )
View attachment 5218902
And my silk peonies from last year's lunar new year, with the other Pivoines design and a stole version of Vauzelles' Pivoines with a blue border. I think I should get one more cw - just noticed that all 3 of my Les Pivoines have pink blossoms ;)
View attachment 5218911
I love the bold, pattern-on-pattern styling, inspires me to get out of my safety zone sometimes:smile:
Off topic, SOTD was Suite et poursuite (I could not resist the title).

View attachment 5219123
This title is very catchy, I always thought. Beautifully styled with your jacket.
My favorite Christine Henry - Nuees Imaginaires.
This always makes me think of lying in the grass, looking at the clouds. ❤️
View attachment 5218664
I love this pastel blue, beautiful!
I own 3 silks by Vauzelles and Les Leopards being the latest addition. I haven’t decided if she is keeper yet but so love the pops of red.
View attachment 5218680

Henry’s Fleurs de Giverny
View attachment 5218681

Christiane Vauzelles Wash Scarf (1/2!) Les Leopards Modernes Wash
View attachment 5218682

Les leopards is one of my favorite designs! Your scarf looks fabulous with your matching top!

So wanted to wear my pivoines by Vauzelles for the first time. So here is a pic. I NEED to wear this more! I love it! BUT Then I decided to do another Jardins gav today by Henry lol. I think this one might be my favorite colorway!! There is one more left to see in the stash. And archive of my Tourbillons by Vauzelles. And the blue green gav I have worn in my hair a couple of times last year but don’t have a pic that way.
View attachment 5218715View attachment 5218716View attachment 5218717View attachment 5218719View attachment 5218718

The pink pivoines, so lovely!

SOTD Pique Fleuri de Provence

View attachment 5219061

Lovely as always, Croisette!

Oh my, the colors in this are beautiful @Croisette7!

Wise counsel @momasaurus! Nice to have you step out from the shadows and hope your activities soon leave more time for you to spend with us!

Thank you @Agrume--I admire your jacket, too. The trim is lovely and perfect for a red/white scarf. Is your Suite et Poursuite a 70?

All wonderful @lanit! Your framed Tigre must have a pride of place on your wall! I haven't thought of Shanghai Tang in ages-- such wonderful jackets with the gorgeous trim and linings...It is a perfect match for your silk!

Wonderful intro @bunnycat and nice to see your kitty with your silk kitty, too! I am sure there will be crossover from last week as you say. And speaking of last week, a heartfelt thanks to @xincinsin for hosting a beautiful week full of delicate artistry. If one didn't love these three artists before, the past week's eye candy surely made a scarfie's heart beat faster... I know mine did! :hbeat:

I love this bandana in red @Redbirdhermes -- I am your sister in black and white. :smile:

Such an interesting discussion @Agrume and @Langsam. About rules in general. I will have to think what mine currently are-- I know I had some but they keep getting shattered by TPF mod shots and examples. I used to object quite a lot to orange in any form (except general vitamin H), yellows and certain greens but now... I am experimenting more. I think even my objection to negative space has become scarf-specific...but I can say without exception I am very much drawn to "story" and "place" scarfs...
Thank you!

I am sure my Jaguar Quetzal will have plenty of company this week! She's here, happy to play and ready to pounce!
View attachment 5219247
So chic with leather!

I love the scarf and colors but also, your avatar/profile picture is beautiful...
You‘re too kind, thank you again LKBNOLA!

Hello everyone! It’s been a while since I posted, and must say I feel awful for not being a loyal participant. I admire all of you for contributing so many beautiful pictures regularly, they are lovely to look at and they always inspire me to learn new ways to tie my scarves. Recently I have been making an effort to wear my silk scarves, and not let them sit in the drawers like in previous years. It’s the season after all. So here are a few pictures taken in the last few weeks.

Ronds de Marche by by Hubert de Watrigant

View attachment 5219274

Etriers by Françoise de la Perrière

View attachment 5219278

Le Timbalier by Marie-Françoise Héron

View attachment 5219279
All fabulous, Kelly Star!

Hello twin, nicely tied Pirula!

Off topic but wanted to post my SOTD A l'ombre des Pivoines. I recall an earlier discussion about this particular colorway being hard to style in a casual way. Here is my attempt, worn with burgundy jeans (not shown) that pick up the berry-colored flower. It was easy to wear this way.

View attachment 5219514
Très chic, as always Langsam!

It is such a marvelous, but made forever special coming from your dad

Amazing shade of green

Love the green especially, and the bracelet with it!! It’s a Stanley Hagler, right? Love it!!

Oooh both looks are fabulous! Especially the Lazy Leopardesses

Love with with the striped top and the pearl adds such a beautiful touch

Loving your jewelry too

Wait, is this even a question in your mind? That Leopards is amazing! It is definitely a keeper! Love the red Giverny and those colors of Leopards Modernes… Wowza!!

The Pivoines is breathtaking!! And the black Tourbillons! Sigh…

I adore both… Such lovely neutrals! Loving that CW of Axis Mundi which I don’t think I’ve ever seen, but now I want! And the black Tourbillons is so striking!

Always a fan of your photo collages… Beautiful!

Oh my heavens… What a beautiful outfit!

Aaaah, so many beauties! I adore your framed Carmen Miranda tiger and the rest are all spectacular

I hope you are feeling much better and that you’ll have a much better week! Great intro and I am positively in love with that stunning Treve de l’Eau! Truly the most beautiful CW of the design I’ve ever seen

Love how you always so cleverly cross over to the new week

Beautiful jaguar

You look amazing! Love this citrusy CW
Thank you fifi ... yes, of course Hagler!

Well, I waited all day yesterday and today for a personal Grail by Christine Henry to arrive, but it never arrived on time… Hopefully it’ll be here tomorrow so I can share… I also never posted my Reves des Escargots last week and here we are on a week where snails are the antithesis of the theme…
Anyway, beginning with the intergalactic leaping horses of Space Derby
View attachment 5219527
View attachment 5219526

And, at the opposite end in time: the prehistoric leaping horses, deer, antelope and bison of Premiers Mains
View attachment 5219541
View attachment 5219542

Leaping horses abound in Chasse en Inde
View attachment 5219550

And many animals leaping high on the African plains of Cavaliers Peuls
View attachment 5219537
View attachment 5219535
View attachment 5219536

Do you see the tiny frog on that lily pond corner of Fleurs de Giverny?
View attachment 5219538

The porpoises in the waters of Le Voyage au Pytheas leaping high. Deer and antelope grazing in the mountains as well
View attachment 5219539
View attachment 5219540

And, the stylized bobcats on the borders of Wa’ Ko-Ni
View attachment 5219528
Premiers Mains is outstanding!

These colors are amazing! The last scarf with the green border has such rich deep colors, a treasure!
I love all of these, especially the last one you styled with your cheetah print top looks soooo stylish! I love it.
I love the bold, pattern-on-pattern styling, inspires me to get out of my safety zone sometimes:smile:
This title is very catchy, I always thought. Beautifully styled with your jacket.

Les leopards is one of my favorite designs! Your scarf looks fabulous with your matching top!

Thank you so much!

Reactions: Kelly Star

Thank you sweetheart!
There are lots of leaping lovelies on La Légende de la Forêt though you’d never know it when I wear it.. (when will I ever master these plaited shenanigans??)

View attachment 5219757View attachment 5219758View attachment 5219759View attachment 5219760View attachment 5219761View attachment 5219762
ohmigoodness - that’s a post to start the morning on - fantastic!
the squirrel parade

Quatre Saisons

View attachment 5219786

Au Coeur des Bois

View attachment 5219784

Casse Noisette

View attachment 5219783

Rythmes du Monde

View attachment 5219785
Well done Croisette! A Squirrel Parade indeed! :dothewave:
(made me giggle first this this morning!)

Thank you!

So chic with leather!

You‘re too kind, thank you again LKBNOLA!

All fabulous, Kelly Star!

Hello twin, nicely tied Pirula!

Thank you chère Croisette.

There are lots of leaping lovelies on La Légende de la Forêt though you’d never know it when I wear it.. (when will I ever master these plaited shenanigans??)

View attachment 5219757View attachment 5219758View attachment 5219759View attachment 5219760View attachment 5219761View attachment 5219762

Beautiful. What colors! That hem! :whut:

the squirrel parade

Quatre Saisons

View attachment 5219786

Au Coeur des Bois

View attachment 5219784

Casse Noisette

View attachment 5219783

Rythmes du Monde

View attachment 5219785

All so lovely!

@xincinsin, thank you for hosting a terrific Christine/Christina/Christian theme and @bunnycat, thank you for hosting a terrific Leaping theme! Everyone is posting such amazing scarves. So much silky eye candy! I will be offline on SOTD for a couple of days, but just want to say, thank you for all the likes, loves and comments. I will try and catch up on Wed and also start participating with mod shots again. :hugs:

Last edited:
such a lovely intro and glad to hear you’re recovering!
I’m probably stretching the theme but surfers leap, right?!
sea surf and fun
View attachment 5219262
Always love to see this one on you @blydia-- gorgeous colors.
Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, it’s Super H!

View attachment 5219281
:lol: -- very creative @Pirula!
Hello everyone! It’s been a while since I posted, and must say I feel awful for not being a loyal participant. I admire all of you for contributing so many beautiful pictures regularly, they are lovely to look at and they always inspire me to learn new ways to tie my scarves. Recently I have been making an effort to wear my silk scarves, and not let them sit in the drawers like in previous years. It’s the season after all. So here are a few pictures taken in the last few weeks.

Ronds de Marche by by Hubert de Watrigant

View attachment 5219274

Etriers by Françoise de la Perrière

View attachment 5219278

Le Timbalier by Marie-Françoise Héron

View attachment 5219279
These are beautiful @Kelly Star -- your Etriers is breathtaking.
That is one beautiful JQ @Pirula!
Lots of leaping creatures on Equateur
Beautiful in pink @CanuckBagLover -- I pulled mine for this week, too. One of my very favorite Dallet scarfs of all...
Looks like I have a lot of leaping creatures in my scarf menagerie ;)
Here is that beautiful Wild Singapore that caught my heart. I almost bought the blue one as well; it was so hard to choose between the 2. I can't wait to see the scarves this week; it will be a gorgeous week!View attachment 5219508
This is a gorgeous scarf and th colors look wonderful on you @Forever Orange! Nice tie to show the lion...
Off topic but wanted to post my SOTD A l'ombre des Pivoines. I recall an earlier discussion about this particular colorway being hard to style in a casual way. Here is my attempt, worn with burgundy jeans (not shown) that pick up the berry-colored flower. It was easy to wear this way.

View attachment 5219514
Thank you @Langsam, for the compliment but most of all for this beautiful and casual styling idea--as you say, my lovely blue Pivoines is sadly ignored because it seems quite "fancy" but this is a great idea and I have just the pieces to make it work! Bookmarked to copy!
Well, I waited all day yesterday and today for a personal Grail by Christine Henry to arrive, but it never arrived on time… Hopefully it’ll be here tomorrow so I can share… I also never posted my Reves des Escargots last week and here we are on a week where snails are the antithesis of the theme…
Anyway, beginning with the intergalactic leaping horses of Space Derby
View attachment 5219527
View attachment 5219526

And, at the opposite end in time: the prehistoric leaping horses, deer, antelope and bison of Premiers Mains
View attachment 5219541
View attachment 5219542

Leaping horses abound in Chasse en Inde
View attachment 5219550

And many animals leaping high on the African plains of Cavaliers Peuls
View attachment 5219537
View attachment 5219535
View attachment 5219536

Do you see the tiny frog on that lily pond corner of Fleurs de Giverny?
View attachment 5219538

The porpoises in the waters of Le Voyage au Pytheas leaping high. Deer and antelope grazing in the mountains as well
View attachment 5219539
View attachment 5219540

And, the stylized bobcats on the borders of Wa’ Ko-Ni
View attachment 5219528
You are so creative @Living.la.vida.fifi! The dolphins of Pytheas, the cave animals of Premiers Mains but that frog on the lily pad made me :lol: -- beautiful scarfs and some humor for the morning...

I have always loved this cw with the yellow contrasting hem! So eye-catching @Indiana!
the squirrel parade

Quatre Saisons

View attachment 5219786

Au Coeur des Bois

View attachment 5219784

Casse Noisette

View attachment 5219783

Rythmes du Monde

View attachment 5219785
They are so very charming on silk, if not IRL @Croisette7!

For @bruxelles70, the lighter cw of my Pivoines 90cm. (Psst... your Petit Duc is making my credit card vibrate...:nuts::drool: )
View attachment 5218902
And my silk peonies from last year's lunar new year, with the other Pivoines design and a stole version of Vauzelles' Pivoines with a blue border. I think I should get one more cw - just noticed that all 3 of my Les Pivoines have pink blossoms ;)
View attachment 5218911
Magical. I love peonies; my grandmother grew them in abundance.

Reactions: turfnsurf
Status
Not open for further replies.