Hermès Spring/Summer 2022 RTW and Accessories

Meta

Metamorphosis
O.G.
Jan 20, 2007

The show will take place tomorrow at 2.30pm Paris time. Looking forward to see what will be presented in hopes of a surprise as some other brands/designers have managed to create something entirely different for their Spring/Summer 2022 collections! :nuts:

A brief description of the upcoming collection was shared here. We can expect tuxedo pants and leather shorts with drawstring fastenings from dust bags, leather minidress with cotton inserts, and an archive Cliqueties scarf print that has been deconstructed and remade as a pyjama top and cardigan.

So, who's tuning in tomorrow? ;)

The show will take place tomorrow at 2.30pm Paris time. Looking forward to see what will be presented in hopes of a surprise as some other brands/designers have managed to create something entirely different for their Spring/Summer 2022 collections! :nuts:

A brief description of the upcoming collection was shared here. We can expect tuxedo pants and leather shorts with drawstring fastenings from dust bags, leather minidress with cotton inserts, and an archive Cliqueties scarf print that has been deconstructed and remade as a pyjama top and cardigan.

So, who's tuning in tomorrow? ;)

:party: yay, thanks for starting this thread! Very much looking forward and hoping for nice surprises. The mentioning of “pyjama top” worries me though, haven’t people had the excuse to wear these out in public for long enough now?! :roflmfao:

This color palette (the lack thereof)…

I do feel like some shorts and coats are my style but this feels like a second season in a row where the colors are so…beige. Not that I don’t like neutrals but I’ve already got enough of them.

In terms of bags (since we are on a purse forum :P), I believe we saw 3 styles? One old one (the Mors de Bride) and then two new ones - one like a cylinder shaped clutch, and the other a flat crossbody pouch they were wearing on their backs?

Edit: my attempts at screenshots of the bags, I’m sure there will be better photos on Vogue etc. later!

17029DA6-0ACF-42F8-B335-B70352B0D52B.jpeg809A852E-532A-4D2E-9B2D-1AC4A5F0B167.jpeg

Last edited:
All the looks for the collection has been posted here: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2022-ready-to-wear/hermes/slideshow/collection

It seems like it was more of the same RTW sent down the runway. :sleepy: It's also bemusing to see outfits like below, that is in my opinion unflattering. The leather trim ruffles for the drawstring draws one eyes to the waist and the proportions are completely off with the large baggy pockets. It isn't refined. :confused1:

Screenshot 2021-10-02 at 14.43.05.png

Here's a shot of one of the new bags which resembles a log roll to me. :giggle: The bag however looks rather uncomfortable to be carried given the hardware as the handle. :shrugs:

Screenshot 2021-10-02 at 14.41.01.png

I missed some modern elegance and luxe. The ones that I potentially like are the short leather dress, but the runway version is too short, the leather pants but I would like a waistband, the dress but probably plain and/or a different color and the skirt:
Hermes 1.jpgHermes 2.jpgHermes 3.jpgHermes 4.jpg
The bags are underwhelming in number and design, but I'm curious about the crossbody 'backpack'.

I'm confused on how this feels like spring. Where's the color? I say this as a huge neutral lover that purchased quite a few pieces in fall RTW also. I was really hoping to see some beautiful blues and greens but I guess I will wait for final judgment until I see what trickles into the store. Most of these pieces just would not work for me with my body type either :sad: