Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Meg's style is clothes that don't fit. Her fashion motto: "How can I screw this up?"
I was taking a look at some pics of her before-Harry. She had the same trend of fashion hits and misses. She is definitely not a standard dress size, even though some early stories were calling her a (super)model. If her clothes back then were also sponsored/borrowed/merched, then she could not adjust the fit. But after she struck the jackpot, it seems unbelievable that she is still wearing ill-fitting clothes since the wedding.

They keep insisting on a meeting with QE, but Rosarito is a lot closer to Montecito… :no:

Prince Harry and Meghan ‘desperately need Queen meeting to maintain saleability in US’

With speculation about daughter Lilibet’s christening, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle need a meeting with the Queen to maintain their royal image and appeal to their US fanbase, a commentator has claimed.

A royal commentator has claimed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle need a meeting with the Queen in order to be commercially successful in the US.

This comes as speculation has been mounting over when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will bring their daughter Lilibet over from their US base to meet the Queen.

No photos of the couple’s new baby have been released since she was born on June 4.

Harry last attended a public meeting with other Royal Family members when he returned to unveil a statue dedicated to the memory of his late mother Princess Diana, at the start of July.

Now, speaking on the Mail’s Palace Confidential podcast, consultant editor Andrew Pierce claimed maintaining their connections with The Firm will be crucial for the Sussexes’ continued success.

He suggested: “They know that their only saleability in the United States is their connection to the most famous woman on the planet – the Queen.

That’s why they’re desperate to see her. It’s all about product Harry, product Meghan plc.

He suggested: “It will happen. Harry and Meghan need it. They do need to keep up that royal connection. They are a family. They do want a christening.

“Meghan does not speak to any members of her family apart from her mother, so it makes sense to have the christening where any family can come, and that would be Harry’s family rather than hers.”

I honestly hope her schedule is packed until after her jubilee. Also, which continued success? Wouldn't you have to be successful in the first place to continue anything?

What six's wife wants… :yes:

Ms Montague claims that when Prince Philip demanded that Fergie was not to receive an invite to the big day: "Harry intervened and said, 'this is what I want.'
"'This is what my bride wants as well. She has bonded with Fergie and she wants her there.''

Ms Montague claims that when Prince Philip demanded that Fergie was not to receive an invite to the big day: "Harry intervened and said, 'this is what I want.'
"'This is what my bride wants as well. She has bonded with Fergie and she wants her there.''

i’m not sure she’s still getting what she wants.

She could lead Haz in with a rope around his neck and his hands tied together, like the Medieval days, when they led prisoners to their death. You know, kind of like she's already doing very sloooooowly now.
It looks like someone else had a similar idea. :amuse:
1631636457919.png

Last edited:

Don’t forget Meghan shed a tear, but her bottom lip and looked into Phillips eyes silently begging for her aunt in law to attend her wedding along with all her a-list celeb friends …

Meg's style is clothes that don't fit. Her fashion motto: "How can I screw this up?"
I think one of MM's fashion issues was not understanding the difference between a red carpet & BRF events. As computer scientists would say, the use cases are totally different ...

Red Carpet - standing only, maybe a few steps up a flight of stairs, short time, glam team there to primp you and photogs are nice and make sure the GT is not in the shot, outfit can be over the top and impractical so long as you can be a statue and walk in it for 45 min
Outfit is ALWAYS disposable, worn ONLY once, then tossed
Celebrity (most likely) did not purchase the outfit
Dare to bare

BRF - walk abouts, sit on podium in front of audience with camera staring up your dress (cross legs correctly), bend over for meet and greets, lots of staff to help but not so much with hair & makeup, get in and out of cars with photogs snapping away
You may be stuck in the dress for hours ... will it wrinkle? work in rain and wind ? does it have a bit of give?
Re-wearing outfits gets you points, the budget is finite and clothes are purchased, not received in gift bags from designers

To me, MM always seemed to be dressing for a red carpet, not the BRF.