Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

There is a HUGE community of Iranians/Persians here in LA, and not a single time have I heard them refer to themselves as Iranian, it's always Persian. Personally, I don't care, but I do find it interesting.

My Iranian friend refers to herself and family as Persian.

Scobie Doo is clearly playing a race card. He's got no better rebuttal than that. Looks sad and desperate.

Like his master… Let's blame on racism the feedback they get from being whatever they are.:huh:

Omid Scobie today said he had been the victim of 'prejudice' from a 'very senior' Royal aide as he was quizzed about the Sussexes' claims of racism at the palace.

Mr Scobie, who has a Persian mother, was asked by This Morning presenters Rochelle Humes and Alison Hammond whether he was surprised by the Sussexes' claims of racism.

He said: 'We knew they had contended with issues surrounding race within the institution.

'I myself have experienced some prejudice from one or two royal aides in the past, so you can kind of know what Meghan was entering. And so it didn't surprise me, but I think for it to mention a family member, that was kind of the moment that even myself, my jaw was on the floor – just like Oprah, it was the same reaction.

Asked to clarify whether he had suffered racism, the Finding Freedom author added: 'I wouldn't say racist, but I just experienced prejudice. I'm mixed race, there aren't many mixed race royal correspondents out there.

'I would not name that person. Someone very senior within the palace who found it really peculiar that I spoke as well as I do, and that was pretty much how they said it to me…

I like seeing a pretty boy but Scoobie Doo is very plastic :noggin:

Puh-leeze. I am 100% NON Caucasian and am an immigrant to the US. Not ONCE has anyone ever said to me in shock, "My you speak English so well!" If anything, when I travel back to my mother country, people are shocked I still remember how to speak the language!

I'm a non-Caucasian immigrant in the US too but my experience has been completely the opposite :lol: People are generally surprised by the fact that I can speak English and my fluency. Also, people think I literally learned English after I moved to the US. Like seriously?

Funny enough, the same people are also shocked that I speak 6 other languages.

I like seeing a pretty boy but Scoobie Doo is very plastic :noggin:

I'm a non-Caucasian immigrant in the US too but my experience has been completely the opposite :lol: People are generally surprised by the fact that I can speak English and my fluency. Also, people think I literally learned English after I moved to the US. Like seriously?

Funny enough, the same people are also shocked that I speak 6 other languages.
The real shocker to those people is that you speak English better than they do and they were born in the US.

It made me shiver when I heard this about Edward/Wallis ‘adoring relationship more like a son to a mother’ …looks like the history repeats itself. but I bet Megain will never be showered with jewels like Wallis was. The opulence in which WE surrounded themselves is shocking, particularly when this’s mentioned ‘king came to VCA with pockets full of gems from all over the empire’ argh!…. Very nice documentary:smile:

Yes, thanks for this link and the other about their lives/property in France - so interesting.

And yes, I also saw so many parallels between WE and the gruesome twosome - hmmm, we shall see...Wallis’ end sounded dreadful.

Scobie Doo is clearly playing a race card. He's got no better rebuttal than that. Looks sad and desperate.

He is desperate. All of the money and “fame” he has acquired in the last few years has come from being Meghan’s mouthpiece. He knows the ride is coming to an end and he wants to stop or at least slow it down. He’s not that good a writer and he’s never going to get anything like this again.

The real shocker to those people is that you speak English better than they do and they were born in the US.

Spell and write better too :happydance: I have a supervisor who cannot do either to save her life. I'm her ghost writer so to speak. And I have a client who uses me as his spell checker. Both people are born and raised in the US with English as their first language.

DM is on fire today! :lol:

JAN MOIR: Princess Pinocchio has finally had her nose tweaked as at long last a joyful bucket of cold water is thrown on Harry and Meghan's fevered claims by Ofcom verdict exonerating Piers Morgan

Yet in moment of triumph for freedom of speech, for UK broadcasters and journalists everywhere – but most of all for the former Good Morning Britain host himself – Ofcom ruled that: ‘Mr Morgan was entitled to say he disbelieved the Duke and Duchess of Sussexes’ allegations and to hold and express strong views that rigorously challenged their account.’

So he has been entirely vindicated, while the duchess has been accused of being part of a ‘chilling restriction on freedom of expression’.

Oh dear. That is not a good look for a self-styled international humanitarian and do-gooder; a woman who, according to the couple’s Archewell website, wants to ‘unleash the power of compassion to drive systemic cultural change’.

All Meghan seems to have driven is her wheezing old jalopy of self-justification into the brick wall of baloney that has awaited her all this time. For sooner or later, this day of reckoning had to come.

Since the moment they left to forge a new life in America, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been assiduous keepers of their own flame of fame.

From day one they have depicted themselves as victims fleeing from the tyranny of inherited wealth; a couple of rich and privileged pups forever barking about the unfairness of life.

My daddy won’t give me any money! My daddy talks to the press! It’s all so simply awful.

From Oprah Winfrey to Instagram statements, from podcasts to Netflix series, from newspaper op-eds to Zoom calls, they have built up their story of suffering and burnished their images without halt.

Then of course there is the Finding Freedom biography, the remarkable unofficial histoire written by Carolyn Durand and Omid Scobie that largely seems to reflect their every thought and itch.

Along the way neither of them appear to have minded about any collateral damage caused to the Queen, other members of the royal family, household staff or even poor Thomas Markle.

Then and now one can only gasp at the ultimate vanity of their quest – to have their truth believed at all times, and to never be questioned.

They have tap-tap-tapped the golden syrup from the tree of fib and glib without pause.

Their vision, their view, their version of events has spooled out behind them in a wallow of words, each one carefully curated.

Somehow the Sussexes have been able to accuse and counter accuse, to complain, to control the momentum and the narrative, to indulge their victimhood. Until now.

The Ofcom ruling is perhaps their first wake-up call. The point will come when they will have to account for themselves and their accusations, which so far are unsupported by any evidence or detail.

Of course, Mr Scobie is already leading the pushback, citing a clause in the Human Rights Act that says free speech must always be compounded by the ‘protection of health and morals’. This, he says, ‘makes me question the Ofcom decision’.

Well he is entirely within his rights to do so, just as Piers Morgan is entirely within his rights to question the duke and duchess’s statements – many of which, incidentally, have been shown to be untrue.

Until now, to criticise the Duchess of Sussex was to be accused of racism, sexism and worse.

One hopes that the Ofcom ruling will at least allow the occasional cheep of doubt to be raised, without the cheepers being cancelled and sent to woke jail by Meghan’s permanently furious supporters.

This febrile atmosphere, into which these serious accusations of bigotry are thrown around like noxious confetti, is stoked by the Sussexes themselves.

All this scurrility propounded by annoyance and huff, spiced with a pinch of what looks increasingly like spite.

Surely it doesn’t have to be like this? Why do they seem so determined to crush not just the Royal Family, but anyone of note who disagrees with them along the way?

We are all entitled to freedom of speech. It is not a gift granted only to those who hold views acceptable to Harry and Meghan.

When I think about the Sussexes, sometimes it seems like a ghost story they have concocted themselves, one that is brooded over by malevolent wraiths, hurts real or imagined, insults perceived, slights dead and gone.

Many will welcome this cold bucket of water that has been poured over the graveyard of their fevered claims.

Oh to have been a fly on the Montecito wall when the news came through. I like to imagine the crash of teacup on saucer and then that prolonged scream, echoing down to where the surf rolls onto the shoreline like a benediction.

And if Harry were still juggling at the window, like the circus clown he is at heart, then surely he would have dropped his balls in shock.

Aren't these the tenets of wokedom? "Do as I say, not as I do" and "You may speak as long as you agree; otherwise you shall be labeled a racist, a sexist, a masochist, a T***p lover, etc., and must be silenced"?

My Iranian friend refers to herself and family as Persian.

If hasn't occurred to him that the race card and the pity card aren't working in this game. With so much tragedy going on in the world, people don't want to hear petty whining, especially when it comes from people who shouldn't be doing it. Scobie grew up in a nice home, I am fairly certain and never wanted for anything. For him to do this, his parents must be very embarrassed.

Aren't these the tenets of wokedom? "Do as I say, not as I do" and "You may speak as long as you agree; otherwise you shall be labeled a racist, a sexist, a masochist, a T***p lover, etc., and must be silenced"?
All journalists must be drinking champagne over this. Meghan going after Piers was just like her going after the DM. If something is said or printed that doesn't fit into her narrative, she strikes out. It's very child like behavior.