The Two Coreys (on A & E)

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Anyone watch this last night?

New York, NY - Yes, you heard right, the Coreys are back together! Corey Haim and Corey Feldman met in 1987 on the set of the iconic teen film The Lost Boys. The "Two Coreys," as they instantly became known, grew to be best of friends, growing up together both on and off screen. Propelled by their legendary onscreen chemistry, the two went on to star in a series of films that would define a generation, including The Lost Boys, Dream a Little Dream and License to Drive. They were kings of the 80's teen box office. Their posters hung on bedroom walls and their faces adorned countless magazine covers. They had it all. Money. Fame. Girls. Then each was faced with personal setbacks. While Feldman ultimately took control of his life, Haim's life and career took a downturn. Now, nearly two decades later after taking separate paths in life, the friends are back together on-screen and under one roof in the A&E Real-Life series THE TWO COREYS, premiering July 29th at 10:00PM ET/PT. The two former teen idols are all grown up now but are at completely different stages of their lives. Corey Feldman is married to Susie, the love of his life. He's a successful actor. He's a total neat freak. Corey Haim is single but actively searching for the love of his life. He's currently looking to make his big comeback. He is sloppy, impulsive and unpredictable. Determined to jumpstart his acting career and find a stabilizing force, Haim's moving in with the Feldman's to help get his life on course and to relaunch the "Two Coreys" brand. Can the two former heartthrobs share a house without driving each other crazy? Like the feature film You, Me & Dupree, comedy and tension ensue as Corey & Susie Feldman deal with their challenging new house guest and soon realize that two is company and three is definitely a crowd.

http://www.aetv.com/the-two-coreys/

Last night's episodes:

01 Reunited
After a long hiatus, the "Two Coreys" are finally reunited when Corey Haim comes to stay with his best friend, Corey Feldman, and his wife, Susie. But a lot has changed in the years they have been apart--Feldman is married, a devout vegetarian, animal activist, and a non-smoker. Haim, still single and a committed carnivore, finds himself at odds with Feldman's new lifestyle and struggles to adjust to the rules of the house. The tension peaks when Haim disrupts an important dinner meeting between the Feldmans and a PETA representative.

I'm sure episode 02 was on; I just missed it.

03 Lost Boys
Haim and Feldman are invited as special guests to a 20th Anniversary screening of the first "Coreys" movie, The Lost Boys. Haim sees this as a great opportunity to promote the "Coreys" and get back in the spotlight, but Feldman seems less interested in reliving the past. The screening is a huge hit and inspires Haim to write a Lost Boys sequel, but the plan ends in heartbreak when Feldman informs him a sequel is already in production without them.

Episode 01 kind of annoyed me. It was like they were making a huge issue over something that doesn't seem like it should be that big of a deal.

Corey Haim eats meat. Corey and Susie Feldman do not. Big deal. They just need to respect each other. Instead, during the dinner and it seemed like every chance she got, Susie kept going on and on (and on and on) about how wonderful it was to be vegetarian. Um, news flash Susie: you can't educate someone who doesn't want to learn.

[From this point on, I will refer to them as Haim and Feldman, since we all know they're both named Corey.]

Ugh, it got to the point where I was like, "Fight the power!" when Haim ordered the sausage and pepperoni pizza. (And it's not like he sat down at the table with it and offered everyone a slice. He tried to be really subtle about it.)

It just seemed to me that, for all the time the Feldmans spend going on about respect, they don't seem to respect Haim.

I read in US that its psudo realtity. Haim didn't really live with them (although they talk as if he does) and its semi scripted.

What the &($#&. Talk about desperation. I think Suzie is trying to jump start her career too. Her magazine spread looked sleazy.

I was never a fan of the Coreys, even though I was the right age at that time. I was way more hot for River Phoenix (RIP) and Kiefer Sutherland, sigh.

These two are tragic and this show seems very staged.

(While the show was on tonight, I microwaved a couple of meatballs. I don't know if that was in connection to the show, or if I genuinely just felt like meatballs at that point.)

I think Haim and Feldman are funny joking around together but it's a little boring when yet again, Feldman plays referee between his wife and Haim.