Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

Just received the large domed satchel in the bone Hydrangea coated cotton.
Yes, I know I'm a leather snob, but I've wanted that pattern for months.
And the bag is beautiful. I lucked out and it's mainly shades of pink and white
hydrangea clusters against the light bone background. Only one sprig of blue
flowers. Some pretty green leaves scattered about. The trim is the light
butterscotch colored leather. This bag screams spring and summer and I switched
into it as soon as it arrived. Want to enjoy it for a little bit before the season changes
and the colors/pattern no longer seem so perfect.

The reason I say lucked out is that I already have the older version of the
hydrangea in a zip zip. That one has flowers in blue against a dark brown background.
I was hoping the new one would be very different color palette. and it is!

I had to take my elderly father to the hospital yesterday due to double pneumonia. I was so happy to have my Allison crossbody. I was able to quickly move and get his wheel chair ready to go...I was hands free and could take care of him while still having my essentials.

into it as soon as it arrived. Want to enjoy it for a little bit before the season changes

hydrangea in a zip zip. That one has flowers in blue against a dark brown background.
Enjoy your new bag!

Sounds beautiful! do you have a picture? I know what you mean. I resist coated canvas but I love that print.

I had to take my elderly father to the hospital yesterday due to double pneumonia. I was so happy to have my Allison crossbody. I was able to quickly move and get his wheel chair ready to go...I was hands free and could take care of him while still having my essentials.
I hope he gets better soon. I'm glad your bag worked so well.

So we knew it would happen..... I ordered a bag from ILD, and then, the day after I got it,
they put it on a much better sale. Now I have to decide if I should return the first one and
reorder it. Is it worth the effort? What happens to the points I used on the first bag?
What's the break-even point? So frustrating. The difference, including the points I used,
is $30. Grrrrrrrr! Bag was a nylon Layla.... YT made me do it!

If it were QVC/HSN, a phone call would be all that was needed and I'd get a credit for the
difference. But, that's not the case with ILD.

Reactions: BadWolf10

So we knew it would happen..... I ordered a bag from ILD, and then, the day after I got it,
they put it on a much better sale. Now I have to decide if I should return the first one and
reorder it. Is it worth the effort? What happens to the points I used on the first bag?
What's the break-even point? So frustrating. The difference, including the points I used,
is $30. Grrrrrrrr! Bag was a nylon Layla.... YT made me do it!

If it were QVC/HSN, a phone call would be all that was needed and I'd get a credit for the
difference. But, that's not the case with ILD.

Mornin' LJ!
I'm happy you lucked out with your bone hydrangea bag! I can almost picture what you're saying about the colors on the bag. You know a bag is meant to be when you load it as soon as it arrives! There's no better feeling! :smile:

You're right about price reductions, they always seem to happen not long after you purchase a bag or accessory. It would be nice if ILD would credit the difference like QVC/HSN. I buy from them and other places like Macy's knowing the risk of a reduction. I bought a bag from Macy's online and the very next morning, less than 12 hours, because I ordered it before I went to bed, it was on sale for $100.00 less than I paid. I called CS and was told I had to reorder the bag and return one. Even though my order was still pending, it couldn't be cancelled. It was worth reordering and returning for $100.00. (Especially since I could return it to any Macy's store.) I think for $30.00 I'd write it off. Your time is worth more than that as far as repackaging, returning, tracking, waiting for the next bag, hoping the next bag doesn't disappoint. Enjoy Layla! She's been on my short list for a long time. I love the size and the side snaps.

P.S. My suede bag is stuck at the P.O. It was dropped off there by UPS yesterday morning. USPS said delivery by 9pm last night and now there's no status. It wasn't due to arrive until 08/10 so if I get it today I'll be just as happy. Plus, my DD ordered a pair of sunglasses two days before she ordered my bag. She forgot to change the shipping address on her sunglasses and USPS tried to deliver them to her old apartment yesterday. I honestly couldn't be genuinely sympathetic until she confirmed my bag was shipped to her new address. :lol: She called CS and they re-ordered the sunglasses for her, and refunded the first order.

Reactions: Deleted 730019
Mornin' LJ!
I'm happy you lucked out with your bone hydrangea bag! I can almost picture what you're saying about the colors on the bag. You know a bag is meant to be when you load it as soon as it arrives! There's no better feeling! :smile:

You're right about price reductions, they always seem to happen not long after you purchase a bag or accessory. It would be nice if ILD would credit the difference like QVC/HSN. I buy from them and other places like Macy's knowing the risk of a reduction. I bought a bag from Macy's online and the very next morning, less than 12 hours, because I ordered it before I went to bed, it was on sale for $100.00 less than I paid. I called CS and was told I had to reorder the bag and return one. Even though my order was still pending, it couldn't be cancelled. It was worth reordering and returning for $100.00. (Especially since I could return it to any Macy's store.) I think for $30.00 I'd write it off. Your time is worth more than that as far as repackaging, returning, tracking, waiting for the next bag, hoping the next bag doesn't disappoint. Enjoy Layla! She's been on my short list for a long time. I love the size and the side snaps.

P.S. My suede bag is stuck at the P.O. It was dropped off there by UPS yesterday morning. USPS said delivery by 9pm last night and now there's no status. It wasn't due to arrive until 08/10 so if I get it today I'll be just as happy. Plus, my DD ordered a pair of sunglasses two days before she ordered my bag. She forgot to change the shipping address on her sunglasses and USPS tried to deliver them to her old apartment yesterday. I honestly couldn't be genuinely sympathetic until she confirmed my bag was shipped to her new address. :lol: She called CS and they re-ordered the sunglasses for her, and refunded the first order.
Hope you get your new suede handbag today.

There is a good reason why QVC is popular, even if the prices are often
not as good as sales elsewhere. The convenience and confidence that comes with
the way QVC generally handles issues and price adjustments is worth a lot.

I understand why they started charging for returns, but it does cut down the
number of items I order from them. On inexpensive items, the return fee
is a major irritation to me. Right now I have 2 dresses going back...
there was no downside in ordering 2... if they worked, I would have kept them both,
if they didn't, they both can go back in the same package. Turns out they are
much too long.....maxi is not supposed to cover my toes. ;)

The return fee at ILD doesn't bother me, because the shipping was free.
Guess it balances out, since QVC refunds the initial S&H on a return.

With the ILD Layla, I'm still debating. I have one more bag to arrive....
I caved on the Executive tote, finally. If that one has to go back, then
I'll send the Layla back too..... one trip to UPS for both. If the ET is OK,
unless they drop the price on that one too.... I'm likely to keep the Layla,
but I will never be able to forget the price drop.