Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD is my new Maison des Oiseaux Parleurs-- a design I fell in love with when I saw it on @Cookiefiend and @Croisette7 during Bird Theme Week. I immediately went on a hunt. To my delight, it showed up new in box with tags for only a fraction above retail and I snapped it up. This is its first outing and on theme because I believe that this is Bela Silva's only collaboration with Hermes. Credit to @lovehermesnyc on Instagram for the second (super easy) knot. I feel like penning an ode to the trio ring!
View attachment 5076351View attachment 5076357
Good morning! I believe that Katie Scott has only designed two scarves for Hermes: Index Palmarum and Touocans de Paradis. Here is my Index Palmarum. My Toucans is still out there somewhere-- really would like to find one!
View attachment 5076724View attachment 5076726

You look great in these darf blue scarfs, LKBNOLA! Maison des Oiseaux Parleurs is a very modern and lively design but Index Palmarum is a real standout! I like the stark contrast; the silvery white leafs against the night blue background are supremely elegant. That design never did anything for me in the colourful cws but this very reduced colour palette changes everything.

Thank you for the kind comments about my Star Wars Day posting. Some of the other names for the highway department's newest and largest snow plow trucks include: Duck, Duck, Orange Truck; F Salt Fitzgerald; Plowy McPlowface; Plow Bunyan; and, my personal favorite, The Truck Formerly Known as Plow. (Because, yes, the plow blade is removed in the summer, and it is a truck; and yes, Prince is very much missed.)

SOTD is Faubourg Tropical in Stone Gray and Rose.

View attachment 5076314
At the lake this morning with Les Artisans d'Hermes in red.

View attachment 5077169

You have such a beautiful, varied collection, Redbirdhermes! And I love your Tahiti pearls; they are extremely versatile.

you wear it beautifully!

Thank you so much, blydia!

I think Arbre du vent is my last truly on topic scarf this week. It is also one of my favorites. I love the story behind it and the design is truly exquisite.
View attachment 5077043View attachment 5077042

I have to try out that knot too; it looks great on you! And I love your earrings and your blouse. Are your earrings made of mother of pearl? It's great how they correspond with the white hem of your scarf.

Thank you so much, Croisette!

This is a lovely combination of brooch and scarf! I love how your knot shows off that beautiful hem of your scarf.

Thank you so much, Croisette! The CSGMs of Parures des Maharajas is magnificent. I only own the white one but I hope that I'll be able to get my hands on the black and maybe the orange CSGM, too. And if I'm at it, the yellow and royal blue and the dark green ones aren't ugly either... The 90 silks are lovely and I think that the mint green backround and the golden hem on my new one are an inspired colour combination. But I feel that the true glory of this design is better appreciated in the large format.
Thank you so much, Thelittlefoxes! I think the jewelry is splendid in both formats.

Reactions: Thelittlefoxes
Not on theme today but I wanted to present my new scarf and thank @turfnsurf and @marietouchet for taking the time to authenticate it and @PangurBan for encouraging me to go after it. When I opened the envelope, out came a surprise: the background of the scarf is not white as the seller’s photos had suggested - it is mint green. As you can see, it turned almost white in my photos, too, so the seller is hardly to blame and I never even thought about asking her what colour the scarf actually is. (Note to self: Always ask what colour the scarf actually is if you do not know the cw.) The scarf had been freshly dry cleaned, so it smelled funny and the hems had been thoroughly flattened. I hand washed it in cold water and managed to roll and iron the hem back in good shape. Now I‘m trying to figure out what to do with this rather unexpected cw. It will be interesting to see how my mother - for whom I had meant to buy it - will like it....

View attachment 5077108View attachment 5077110
Your earrings are the shape of the jewelled drops on the scarf!

You look so fabulous, blydia! I love this outfit on you. Those earrings, too! And the hem really pops in the second photo with the way you tied it. (Note to self, must try this knot, though I know it won't work on me -
I look so stuffy when I tie a scarf that high. Totally hopeless on me, but so, so lovely on you. Will try nevertheless... :girlsigh:) Gorgeous all around - 10 out of 10!
aw thank you so much! it's really like a cowboy knot just slid the ends one more time through the scarf ring, it is quite a lot of silk at the neck though, you're right. Only for cooler days for me

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Not on theme today but I wanted to present my new scarf and thank @turfnsurf and @marietouchet for taking the time to authenticate it and @PangurBan for encouraging me to go after it. When I opened the envelope, out came a surprise: the background of the scarf is not white as the seller’s photos had suggested - it is mint green. As you can see, it turned almost white in my photos, too, so the seller is hardly to blame and I never even thought about asking her what colour the scarf actually is. (Note to self: Always ask what colour the scarf actually is if you do not know the cw.) The scarf had been freshly dry cleaned, so it smelled funny and the hems had been thoroughly flattened. I hand washed it in cold water and managed to roll and iron the hem back in good shape. Now I‘m trying to figure out what to do with this rather unexpected cw. It will be interesting to see how my mother - for whom I had meant to buy it - will like it....

it does still look lovely! how I hate hem abuse, like do these people have no respect for scarf rights... so glad you were able to revive them though! hope your mom loves it, it looks great with those earrings.

Thank you so much, blydia!

I have to try out that knot too; it looks great on you! And I love your earrings and your blouse. Are your earrings made of mother of pearl? It's great how they correspond with the white hem of your scarf.
Thanks! the earrings are actually made from some kind of resin. Found them at a little artsy shop, so no idea who made them.. but they are a similar off white like the scarf hem!

New to TPF, and first post ever! Looking forward to seeing everyones beautiful scarves, and learning more about them
My SOTD is Les Cles Bandana shawl 140
Beautiful!!
And welcome, welcome!
This designer has only one scarf design, and I bought 4 cws.
Maglione, L'annee des Etoiles, gavroche.
View attachment 5077096

They are very useful for mix-n-match and appeal to the sci-fi in me.
View attachment 5077099
The other designer for today has 4 designs that I know of but, somehow, I seem to have missed out on buying most of them and only have but one. Wishlist time!
Francois Houtin, Jardin de Leila
View attachment 5077107
Lovely, but the Houtin is my favorite - I'd love to just pop in that landscape and have a quiet moment (or many many quiet moments) and relax with a cup of tea. I love his landscapes!

ohmigoodness - unexpected but absolutely fantastic!!
(and your earrings are perfect!)
I think I am on theme today with Ugo Bienvenu's Wow (artist of this season's Space Derby). Not in my usual wheelhoise, this was a surprise buy for me.View attachment 5077125
WOW!!

(ahahahahaha - running off laughing like a loon :giggle:)
It didn't turn out the way I had expected – but I'm not disappointed at all. It never would have occured to me to order a mint green scarf but seeing it on me now, I think it's lovely. And it will be even prettier on my mother who wears blue and aqua tones so well. If the background had been white, I would have had a hard time to let it go but with the mint green background, it is undoubtedly my mother's scarf.

I can be very patient if I have to be – but perking up the hems was easy. When they are wet, you just roll them between your fingers. And I took the tip of the hot iron to press down very close to the hem while the wet scarf was lying on the ironing board and a couple of very soft, plushy towels. When you really press down the hot iron, the scarf sinks in and the hem comes back up again.
Well done - that's how I have revived flat hems too - it just takes a bit of patience! :hugs:
At the lake this morning with Les Artisans d'Hermes in red.

View attachment 5077169
Fun fun fun!

These are all so lovely! That dragonfly pin is perfect. Hoping to be a sister soon on Bal des Oiseaux!

What a lovely Kawa Ora!

I am your twin on Nothing But a Dreamer-- I love it so much and agree that when folded it resembles a toile. I love that orange and lemon yellow colorway and your Chiffres! As always, such intersting history...

A beautiful look for you!

I do not know the first design but I love how you have tied both of these! Sistern on Artisnas and going to bookmark this look!

Agree on Prince and thank you again for more hilarious pins. Yuor FT is beautiful-- I am planning to wear my green one for Mother's Day. It looks great with your earrings and necklace picking up the gray.

My book collection is :nuts: also. Totally relate.

I never saw this! How extraordinary.

Yes, it was. A few actually have been very easy to find. I am trying to fill in some designs I missed -- not "Grails" exactly but Wish List items for sure. Y'all are great inspirational enablers :biggrin:

LOL! How I feel every day on this thread...

Most assuredly not!

Thank you @Agrume! It is super easy and, I think, a pretty and practical knot.

Merci, @Marie-the-Mary!

Just perfect with your outfit. You have the absolute best gavs!

Wonderful! I will be twins with you when my long-awaited scarf mail arrives next week. So happy to have found this especially now that I see it tied so beautifully...

Beautiful! It looks wonderful on you and the blue ring really sets it off. I love those colored rings-- like a little bangle for your scarf! Love your top and shoe pairing, too.

First of all, what a beautiful pin! AND what a gorgeous hem and what an interesting knot! It highlights an area of the design I often neglect. Must try this look... Which Acte III cw is this? Just gorgeous.

Thank you kindly LKBNOLA!

New to TPF, and first post ever! Looking forward to seeing everyones beautiful scarves, and learning more about them

Welcome! :love your beautiful Bandana Shawl!

View attachment 5077096

View attachment 5077099
The other designer for today has 4 designs that I know of but, somehow, I seem to have missed out on buying most of them and only have but one. Wishlist time!
View attachment 5077107

Leila is perfect on the striped shirt!

Even if the colors are a little different that you thought it would be- it is still fabulous on you!

Reactions: Redbirdhermes
Congrats on the black Bal! ...and a moussie?
thank you, and yes! Beverly Hills in a purple colourway.

Sotd. Not on theme. La Danse gavView attachment 5076917
adorable!

I think Arbre du vent is my last truly on topic scarf this week. It is also one of my favorites. I love the story behind it and the design is truly exquisite.
View attachment 5077043View attachment 5077042
what a great colourway, Blydia!

such a lovely CW and knot! it’s actually also rather turtleneck weather here :hrmm:
thank you, blydia!

In love with these funny birds, congratulations Agrume!
thank you, Croisette, in love too!

splendid, with the brooch,,,!

Good morning! I believe that Katie Scott has only designed two scarves for Hermes: Index Palmarum and Touocans de Paradis. Here is my Index Palmarum. My Toucans is still out there somewhere-- really would like to find one!
View attachment 5076724View attachment 5076726
love this colourway, LKBNOLA !

These are all so lovely! That dragonfly pin is perfect. Hoping to be a sister soon on Bal des Oiseaux!

What a lovely Kawa Ora!

I am your twin on Nothing But a Dreamer-- I love it so much and agree that when folded it resembles a toile. I love that orange and lemon yellow colorway and your Chiffres! As always, such intersting history...

A beautiful look for you!

I do not know the first design but I love how you have tied both of these! Sistern on Artisnas and going to bookmark this look!

Agree on Prince and thank you again for more hilarious pins. Yuor FT is beautiful-- I am planning to wear my green one for Mother's Day. It looks great with your earrings and necklace picking up the gray.

My book collection is :nuts: also. Totally relate.

I never saw this! How extraordinary.

Yes, it was. A few actually have been very easy to find. I am trying to fill in some designs I missed -- not "Grails" exactly but Wish List items for sure. Y'all are great inspirational enablers :biggrin:

LOL! How I feel every day on this thread...

Most assuredly not!

Thank you @Agrume! It is super easy and, I think, a pretty and practical knot.

Merci, @Marie-the-Mary!

Just perfect with your outfit. You have the absolute best gavs!

Wonderful! I will be twins with you when my long-awaited scarf mail arrives next week. So happy to have found this especially now that I see it tied so beautifully...

Beautiful! It looks wonderful on you and the blue ring really sets it off. I love those colored rings-- like a little bangle for your scarf! Love your top and shoe pairing, too.

First of all, what a beautiful pin! AND what a gorgeous hem and what an interesting knot! It highlights an area of the design I often neglect. Must try this look... Which Acte III cw is this? Just gorgeous.
thank you, LKBNOLA, and please do model yours!

So lovely! You and @Croisette7 have the CWs I love (and don't have)!
thank you, Moma! I did not buy the black one a year ago and always regretted it, but there it popped up again.

Love this colorway, agrume. It ties so well!
thank you, Awillow !

welcome, and a great debut !

View attachment 5077096

View attachment 5077099
View attachment 5077107
great scarves. Xincinsin, and understand your obsession with the nerdy one!

oh yes, a risk, but often it turns out great!

I think I am on theme today with Ugo Bienvenu's Wow (artist of this season's Space Derby). Not in my usual wheelhoise, this was a surprise buy for me.View attachment 5077125
Very elegant. It suits you, Awillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.