Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love both of these scarves and looks so much! I’m going to figure out how you did these knots too. The gathering of fabric in them is great for warmer weather.

thank you! Theres a tute down on this page for it :

Sotd. Not on theme. La Danse gavView attachment 5076917

lovely combo!

• Love
Reactions: Nomad
Dragonflies 70 cm

View attachment 5076231

Jeu de Cartes by Cassandra

View attachment 5076233

Le Bal des Oiseaux by Jeff Fisher

View attachment 5076232
These are all so lovely! That dragonfly pin is perfect. Hoping to be a sister soon on Bal des Oiseaux!
on theme with Kawa ora today. also throwing in a pic of my very elegant cat… i love when she sits like that :lol:
What a lovely Kawa Ora!
A couple of one-offs today and a designer who created one of my birthyear scarves.

Maylis Vigouroux designed one of my fave 100cm cashmeres: Nothing but a Dreamer. I almost bought two, but my SA said No :lol: She is my voice of reason. The design is literally the imagination running wild.
View attachment 5076250

Vincent Leroy has designed one scarf for the men's collex: Rêve de Mécanique Elémentaire issued 2 years ago.
This is a lemon-orange cw of that design that was issued for an H menswear event in London.
View attachment 5076241
In the early 1960s, Lise Coutin created five designs that I know of. I have four of them: Papillons Mosaiques, Herbes Folles, Grand Carosse and my birthyear scarf Chiffres et Monogrammes. I'll add a pic of Herbes Folles when I find it.
View attachment 5076238
View attachment 5076246
View attachment 5076236
I am your twin on Nothing But a Dreamer-- I love it so much and agree that when folded it resembles a toile. I love that orange and lemon yellow colorway and your Chiffres! As always, such intersting history...
Today with Pégase Paysage 90 wash silk by Christian Renonciat. I‘ve counted five designs for him but I‘m not sure if that is correct. Maybe if all of his Pégase-themed designs are counted as one?

View attachment 5076265
A beautiful look for you!
A couple more for this week with Vincent Leroy's Reve de Mechanique (with a stacked Bias Bova Knot to keep the ends under control) and also Les Artisans (This is also a bias folded Bova Knot- the other knot is on the backside)

View attachment 5076294

View attachment 5076293
I do not know the first design but I love how you have tied both of these! Sistern on Artisnas and going to bookmark this look!
Thank you for the kind comments about my Star Wars Day posting. Some of the other names for the highway department's newest and largest snow plow trucks include: Duck, Duck, Orange Truck; F Salt Fitzgerald; Plowy McPlowface; Plow Bunyan; and, my personal favorite, The Truck Formerly Known as Plow. (Because, yes, the plow blade is removed in the summer, and it is a truck; and yes, Prince is very much missed.)

SOTD is Faubourg Tropical in Stone Gray and Rose.

View attachment 5076314
Agree on Prince and thank you again for more hilarious pins. Yuor FT is beautiful-- I am planning to wear my green one for Mother's Day. It looks great with your earrings and necklace picking up the gray.
Xcs - indeed it is! My scarf collex is outstripped only by my jewelry collex, which has largely taken a backseat since I don't often pair them...View attachment 5076340View attachment 5076344
ETA - oh, and my book collex, which sadly puts both to shame...
My book collection is :nuts: also. Totally relate.
I was deliberating between the lava red cw and this blue. The blue won because the design stood out clearer and it reminded me of Delft Blue pottery. This is the red cw which I almost bought.
View attachment 5076337
I never saw this! How extraordinary.
:yahoo:How fun to find something so quickly! It’s gorgeous! And I love it with that jacket. Kudos!
Yes, it was. A few actually have been very easy to find. I am trying to fill in some designs I missed -- not "Grails" exactly but Wish List items for sure. Y'all are great inspirational enablers :biggrin:
oh no another design that you just put on the map for me :biggrin:
LOL! How I feel every day on this thread...
I’m happy that I’m not the only one who has a book issue. :flowers:
Most assuredly not!
thank you, blydia!

ah, Croisette, this Bal des oiseaux with your green twinset,,, divine!
I just received the dark one, but not yet unpacked...

thank you, Awillow! Just half unpacked my mousseline, will model it next week when it is warmer... :hugs:

splendid, twin! It is always wonderful to see one’s own scarf on someone else!

very elegant outfit, Blydia!

thank you, LKBNOLA, and good luck with your hunt!

the Dreamer is a dream...!

great look, Thelittlefoxes!

thank you!

both are gorgeous, Bunnycat!

so am I. When we bought our place in Amsterdam, friends joked that we had chosen bookcases with a flat attached.

it is beautiful, LKBNOLA - and have to give this a try, too!

Thank you, Snausages!
Thank you @Agrume! It is super easy and, I think, a pretty and practical knot.
Supremely elegant !
Merci, @Marie-the-Mary!
Sotd. Not on theme. La Danse gavView attachment 5076917
Just perfect with your outfit. You have the absolute best gavs!
SOTD Bal des oiseaux. Weather here resembles more autumn than spring, so back to turtlenecks.

View attachment 5076995
Wonderful! I will be twins with you when my long-awaited scarf mail arrives next week. So happy to have found this especially now that I see it tied so beautifully...
I think Arbre du vent is my last truly on topic scarf this week. It is also one of my favorites. I love the story behind it and the design is truly exquisite.
View attachment 5077043

View attachment 5077042
Beautiful! It looks wonderful on you and the blue ring really sets it off. I love those colored rings-- like a little bangle for your scarf! Love your top and shoe pairing, too.
First of all, what a beautiful pin! AND what a gorgeous hem and what an interesting knot! It highlights an area of the design I often neglect. Must try this look... Which Acte III cw is this? Just gorgeous.

Every one of these is great, croisette. The dragonflies work so well with you brooch. I love the blues in the Jeu des Cartes. And that Bal des Oiseaux is so fun!

Do you find there is a commonality to the scarves you gravitate towards? There is so much variety in your collection!
No, no @Awillow! Those are both the navy Index. I don't have Toucans but would love to! I just ordered an owl print from Katie Scott's web site. She has wonderful prints. Maybe another scarf will be forthcoming!

Reactions: Awillow
A couple of one-offs today and a designer who created one of my birthyear scarves.

Maylis Vigouroux designed one of my fave 100cm cashmeres: Nothing but a Dreamer. I almost bought two, but my SA said No :lol: She is my voice of reason. The design is literally the imagination running wild.
View attachment 5076250

Vincent Leroy has designed one scarf for the men's collex: Rêve de Mécanique Elémentaire issued 2 years ago.
This is a lemon-orange cw of that design that was issued for an H menswear event in London.
View attachment 5076241
In the early 1960s, Lise Coutin created five designs that I know of. I have four of them: Papillons Mosaiques, Herbes Folles, Grand Carosse and my birthyear scarf Chiffres et Monogrammes. I'll add a pic of Herbes Folles when I find it.
View attachment 5076238
View attachment 5076246
View attachment 5076236
These are all fabulous, xcs. The blue nothing but a dreamer is the one I chose as well - I love it. Fortunately for bank account, I never saw that red one. It is wonderful too!

Reactions: xincinsin
Status
Not open for further replies.