In Honor of Elsa Peretti- Please Post Your Favorite Pieces

This is my large, yellow gold, starfish pendant just resting on top of my white rubber cord that I wish could slip through the pendant’s hole! Its end caps are too big. When I have a white cord, I’d like to wear the pendant with my Faraone Mennella yellow gold/white ceramic earrings.

Years back there were limited (but still a few) pendant cord options, in various colors, available in the repairs dept at Tiffany. Now seems to have dwindled down to just black, and in 16” only (per customer service). I’m now on a mission to try to make a white cord that I could use with this pendant. Will be ordering some parts and pieces today!

Faraone Mennella Yellow Gold/White Ceramic Earrings and
Large Yellow Gold Starfish Pendant with Tiffany White Rubber Cord

View attachment 5049913
More starfish! The white looks great with it... so summery! You are so creative... can't wait to see your finished masterpiece!

• Love
Reactions: etoile de mer
Such a great picture! I love the green Cabachon in particular.

Are those the Comma earrings?
Wow... you are such a Peretti expert. I never heard of comma earrings.
They sure look like comma earrings, and I see the Tiffany website has a gold and silver pair, both are clip ons.

I wonder why there is not a full comma collection. Do you think the teardrop replace the comma?
You have good eye!

Wow... you are such a Peretti expert. I never heard of comma earrings.
They sure look like comma earrings, and I see the Tiffany website has a gold and silver pair, both are clip ons.

I wonder why there is not a full comma collection. Do you think the teardrop replace the comma?
You have good eye!
I have no idea why there isn’t a bigger Comma collection. Maybe because people just didn’t gravitate towards it as much as other pieces?

Reactions: BigAkoya
These look perfect together!

More starfish! The white looks great with it... so summery! You are so creative... can't wait to see your finished masterpiece!

Thanks so much, AntiqueShopper and BigAkoya! :flowers: Regarding making a cord, not sure I'll end up with anything presentable, but will give it a try. :biggrin: Worst case, I'll end up with a mock-up to show my jeweler when I seek professional help!

You found it! Looks great! But I am dense... how does it hold keys? Is there an open/close lock?

I wondered the same! :flowers:

You put the keys on, pushing it far enough that it forms a loop at the outside. Then flip the bean through that loop. Voila!

So much easier than I imagined! I thought it required untying the knots, pulling out one end of the cord, slipping on the keys, etc...

Reactions: limom and BigAkoya
Those looking for jade...