Official MOYNAT Thread

For those who have a barenia leather bag, how is it wearing? Are you worried about taking care of it?
I have a barenia birkin, it’s aged wonderfully. IMO the patina and marks add personality to the bag. That’s part of barenia’s charm. If you love the leather qualities then go for it. If you want it to look new forever, you’ll be disappointed

As for care.. I borderline abuse most of my bags:giggle: been caught in a storm, travelled with my barenia B and had no issues. I even put a deep scratch across the front with my watch - eventually it buffed out after time + “massaging” the leather. It’s no longer noticeable! I can’t wait to see how a well loved barenia Rejane will look:love:

Gabrielle Reporter is great bag. I own the bag in satin calf which is prone to scratches but otherwise it is perfect. Like it so much that I need another one in carat calf. Will let you know how it goes.

Thank you!

The Reporter feels like a dynamic little sister to the Gabrielle family. I am still contemplating the Clutch but it seems to lack that carefree aspect of the Reporter. (Maybe the top handle throws me off?)

Fingers crossed they approve your SO!

Last edited:
I believe it is the Gaby you truly love and desire :hbeat:, @Yinglin
And that the Barenia Rejane is, for you, a FOMO bag. (And that all our votes for the Rejane are not helping :hrmm:)

While I love Barenia leather, I personally feel Barenia suits/complements other and larger bags better than a small Rejane.
Haha you are totally right! Mini rejane in barenia is growing on me but the Gaby has won my heart ~~ Too bad i feel pressured to buy the bags i love before they are gone :-/

I have a barenia birkin, it’s aged wonderfully. IMO the patina and marks add personality to the bag. That’s part of barenia’s charm. If you love the leather qualities then go for it. If you want it to look new forever, you’ll be disappointed

As for care.. I borderline abuse most of my bags:giggle: been caught in a storm, travelled with my barenia B and had no issues. I even put a deep scratch across the front with my watch - eventually it buffed out after time + “massaging” the leather. It’s no longer noticeable! I can’t wait to see how a well loved barenia Rejane will look:love:
Im a Kelly girl but i personally find a birkin in barenia and gold hw the perfect bag lol
I have been in love with Celine classic in natural calf for a long time because i love the colour and I buy into the “each scratch has a history” theory lol BUT with that said, I have never owned such leather and I dont know if i would regret it...specially at such price tag. I dont like the stress of worrying to baby a bag, I live in Shanghai, a super humid city and it rains quite often even during Summer so thats a big con...i feel eventually i will get the Rejane bb but at this moment im in love with the Gaby/gabrielle clasp. I cant believe it is not being used as Moynat iconic clasp and specially in SLGs. Chanel and Hermes have iconic clasps, the Moynat clasp is practical, beautiful and very different so i feel disappointed Moynat is not using it across their styles. The new HW is too big too loud too chunky and too cheap looking despite the leather quality and craftmanship still looking impeccable...such a pity :-/

Thank you!

The Reporter feels like a dynamic little sister to the Gabrielle family. I am still contemplating the Clutch but it seems to lack that carefree aspect of the Reporter. (Maybe the top handle throws me off?)

I love the clutch but i dont like how thin it is in the bottom. Id rather have a flat bottom like the mini Kelly instead of an envelope type of clutch like the Moynat Gabrielle. With that said, id love one in a bright colour lol

I love the clutch but i dont like how thin it is in the bottom. Id rather have a flat bottom like the mini Kelly instead of an envelope type of clutch like the Moynat Gabrielle. With that said, id love one in a bright colour lol

That is also my hesitation. It would be helpful to view a comparison between the interiors for the Clutch, Reporter and Gabrielle (though this might be moot given that I cannot SO a Reporter at this point).

Did you ever hear back from that seller about why she cancelled the sale for your black Reporter?

Thanks for the intel @Jesxia! My first choice was the purple but I'll request pictures of the zinc just to ease my FOMO.

I purchased a Tourterelle/Chili Quattro at the beginning of last year and had it customized with a painted charm. This has turned out to be my favourite pandemic bag and it reminds me of the carefree times pre-lockdown. I hope you find a combo that you love.View attachment 5039914

I would like to share with you my customized tote too, featuring my 3 beloved cats ☺️

View attachment 5045718

I tried to post a photo on my previous post but seems not working correctly.
Anyway, I would like to share with you my customized tote which features my 3 beloved cats ☺☺☺5E146D62-C539-4C21-9103-29411B62B0FE.jpeg5F070C14-B89C-4C58-8776-19AC0AEFC5B7.jpeg
The artist painted my cats according to the photos of my cats, and i requested to highlight the different eye colours and facial expressions of my 3 cats. I am extremely pleased with the result ☺☺☺

Anyway, I would like to share with you my customized tote which features my 3 beloved cats ☺☺☺View attachment 5045723View attachment 5045724
The artist painted my cats according to the photos of my cats, and i requested to highlight the different eye colours and facial expressions of my 3 cats. I am extremely pleased with the result ☺☺☺
This is so adorable - LOVE!

Thank you!

I did think about the clutch which to me seems a dressier bag but it’s not like there’re occasions to use a dressy bag these days or anytime soon.

Reactions: Yinglin
Anyway, I would like to share with you my customized tote which features my 3 beloved cats ☺☺☺View attachment 5045723View attachment 5045724

As a cat mom myself, I absolutely ADORE this!!! This is so cute!!!!! And it was so well done too! Thank you for sharing. :smile:

Reactions: Rocat
No, but there was one on Instagram. My SA thinks that might have been a special order or something.
I haven't been able to keep the subtly different naming conventions of the various leathers completely straight, but the Cabotin I believe was only produced in one line of leather. There was a cognac colored version of this, which looks like Barenia, but because the tanning process is different is not Barenia.

(If anyone has an actual Barenia Cabotin please correct me!)

wow that is so special!! i had no idea Moynat did that. Such a great memory lol I have 2 cats and a chihuahua hahaha Your cats looks super cute btw lol

That is also my hesitation. It would be helpful to view a comparison between the interiors for the Clutch, Reporter and Gabrielle (though this might be moot given that I cannot SO a Reporter at this point).

Did you ever hear back from that seller about why she cancelled the sale for your black Reporter?
Yes, she said she cancelled because when she went back from holidays she didnt expect France to be in a new lockdown so she said if i want it, i will have to wait for one month until France goes out of lockdown again.