Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I feel so sorry for Charles the Queen and the BP / Firm- they have bent over backwards for years now and thrown every Royal protocol out of the window to pamper these these two ingrates - he because he is the unused spare and his mum died when he was 12 ( oh his poor mental health ) - she because she is non white and so god forbid that they be accused of being racist if they tried to stop any of her disgusting inappropriate behaviours which are all coming out now - I have disliked the woman from day one not because of her colour ( as I was often accused of on this thread which was initially all her fawning supporters ) but because of her actions from day one - it was obvious she was trying to oust William and Kate - her behaviour to Kate was disgusting -the Firm tried to cover all this up and support these two non entities - they should just have let Philip had his way and it would have been sorted years ago- get well soon Sir your wife needs you back by her side more than ever - Charles needs to man up and tell Harry he has made his choice and so he now can no longer be part of the institution he so despises particularly after the bus trip and the OW **** show - the 21st century “it’s a knockout”

William is more of a man and will sever any bonds Charles tries to maintain though I suspect Camilla will be quietly making Charles face up to his responsibilities to the Queen and she has considerable clout behind the scenes

Bye bye Ginge don’t let the door hit you on the way out we won’t miss you

It's like Meg took the old adage "Give an Inch, They'll Take a Mile" as her daily mantra.

"The perfection that comes with summertime. Picnics and barbecues, laying out by the pool with friends, and toasting to the season are high on my list. And while I generally opt to whet my whistle with a glass of rosé or crisp Sauvignon Blanc, sometimes the day calls for a cocktail. Cue the Tig Cup."

The TIG Cup is Meghan’s own riff on a Summer Cup – a summer punch-style drink, often featuring a fizzy mixer to make it refreshing and longer, plus chopped fruit for garnish. Pimm’s is a classic example – and Meghan’s own recipe isn’t far off.

The alcohol base comprises of gin and Maraschino Cherry liqueur, which sounds positively delightful. Her recipe doesn’t include measurements, so you can make it as strong or as weak as you please. On the liqueur, Meghan says “I personally loathe syrupy sweet drinks but this has just enough of a subtle sweetness that it really acts as more of a back note in the drink. Plus the maraschino cherry of it all reminds me of drinking Shirley temples as a little girl.”

This is topped up with both tonic water and soda water. Meghan suggests slightly more soda than tonic: "I don’t gravitate to the taste of tonic so I always go heavier on the soda, but feel free to […] play around with it to taste.”

Why you’d put something you don’t necessarily like in your own signature cocktail, we don’t quite understand – but we’re rolling with it.

While a classic Pimm’s might be finished with cucumber, strawberries, orange and mint, the Tig Cup’s garnish goes slightly more savoury. Meghan recommends cucumber ribbons, grapefruit rind, thinly sliced radishes, celery, lime and mint for the perfect accompaniments.

"Any or all of the listed ingredients are great, but the key pieces are citrus and herbs," she says. "If you don’t have grapefruit, lemon works. No radish, no problem."

:drinkup:

I think the REAL recipe for making Meg's "signature cocktail" is the following:

1. Equal parts piss and vinegar
2. 2 cups of the juice of extra sour lemons
3. A shot of bitter per serving

Voila! :drinks:

so - and I may get flamed for this but I don't think I'm a racist. All of of these black celebs, most of whom came up the hard way and didn't get to go to expensive private schools, will defend her to the death no matter what because in their eyes anything negative said about her is based on her being a WOC?

If we didn’t follow what H&M are doing here and only heard the one-sided view that was reported in the American news, we might feel the same way. These celebs feel unity with Meghan and want to show support for another POC. All they’ve heard is the evil, archaic BRF is trying to bring down one of their own. They aren’t going to dig any deeper to see that there’s a lot they don’t know.

TBH I think encouraging girls to aspire to princesshood is negative anyway.

If you ain’t born one you gotta marry a prince. Is focusing your ambitions on marrying a stranger based on his status a positive thing?
I wouldn’t have though so. I’d say it’s shallow and unrealistic.
Why not encourage them to do what makes them happy regardless of limiting ideas of status and wealth?
Absolutely! I say encourage every girl to someday be a QUEEN in her own kingdom! :drinks:

TBH I think encouraging girls to aspire to princesshood is negative anyway.

If you ain’t born one you gotta marry a prince. Is focusing your ambitions on marrying a stranger based on his status a positive thing?
I wouldn’t have though so. I’d say it’s shallow and unrealistic.
Why not encourage them to do what makes them happy regardless of limiting ideas of status and wealth?

Also if you just love royal pageantry and drama but want to see different faces there are many royal families of colour around the world it’s just a lot of people are too lazy to want to learn about different cultures and the mainstream media is supply and demand.

I believe what Whoopi meant to say with giving "little girls of color a very positive idea - that they too could be a princess" is that little girls could aspire to be whatever they want in life.
I don't think Whoopi had in mind that those achievements would come through marriage, she seems too independent for that. This is a very important matter for me. I saw along the way, many talented and gifted women giving up (the fight against gender and other barriers) before reaching their potential or top positions in their careers.

Last edited:
so - and I may get flamed for this but I don't think I'm a racist. All of of these black celebs, most of whom came up the hard way and didn't get to go to expensive private schools, will defend her to the death no matter what because in their eyes anything negative said about her is based on her being a WOC?

It’s no longer about judging people by the contents of their character. We’re supposed to simply judge based on the color of skin.

"The perfection that comes with summertime. Picnics and barbecues, laying out by the pool with friends, and toasting to the season are high on my list. And while I generally opt to whet my whistle with a glass of rosé or crisp Sauvignon Blanc, sometimes the day calls for a cocktail. Cue the Tig Cup."

The TIG Cup is Meghan’s own riff on a Summer Cup – a summer punch-style drink, often featuring a fizzy mixer to make it refreshing and longer, plus chopped fruit for garnish. Pimm’s is a classic example – and Meghan’s own recipe isn’t far off.

The alcohol base comprises of gin and Maraschino Cherry liqueur, which sounds positively delightful. Her recipe doesn’t include measurements, so you can make it as strong or as weak as you please. On the liqueur, Meghan says “I personally loathe syrupy sweet drinks but this has just enough of a subtle sweetness that it really acts as more of a back note in the drink. Plus the maraschino cherry of it all reminds me of drinking Shirley temples as a little girl.”

This is topped up with both tonic water and soda water. Meghan suggests slightly more soda than tonic: "I don’t gravitate to the taste of tonic so I always go heavier on the soda, but feel free to […] play around with it to taste.”

Why you’d put something you don’t necessarily like in your own signature cocktail, we don’t quite understand – but we’re rolling with it.

While a classic Pimm’s might be finished with cucumber, strawberries, orange and mint, the Tig Cup’s garnish goes slightly more savoury. Meghan recommends cucumber ribbons, grapefruit rind, thinly sliced radishes, celery, lime and mint for the perfect accompaniments.

"Any or all of the listed ingredients are great, but the key pieces are citrus and herbs," she says. "If you don’t have grapefruit, lemon works. No radish, no problem."

:drinkup:

Wow. When was the last time a mixed drink was so pretentious? It sounds too sweet for me. I might need something to get me through the interview though.

What kind of wine goes with whine?

It’s no longer about judging people by the contents of their character. We’re supposed to simply judge based on the color of skin.
apparently there is some very deep pain that comes from slavery. I don't claim to understand that completely but I don't see why a person who has had all the opportunity she has had growing up and then the great privilege she had when she married her prince gets a pass on everything.

"No one has ever had to deal with..." Sounds like a T rump line. Funny how Markle and him have a lot of similar traits.

I was just thinking about that...they really do have so much in common!

I think most people just don't know much about her. As I have mentioned I hardly ever see her in my social media or the programs I watch or news I read. And I don't think anyone can deny racism is not only prevalent it is sadly on the rise these days. So it is easy to for people who don't follow her closely to conclude it may be a factor here too.

I don't believe anyone is asking for that.

apparently there is some very deep pain that comes from slavery. I don't claim to understand that completely but I don't see why a person who has had all the opportunity she has had growing up and then the great privilege she had when she married her prince gets a pass on everything.

Unfortunately privilege doesn't erase racism.

She is always smug and smirking when she's not doing her Bambi eyes or looking adoringly at H.

There is a post on twitter today quoting HM's lawyers statement about the alleged Archie photo that has been taken down. Says HM have copyrights on it and no one is to publish it. How could she not know her friend took a photo and would post it? Just leave it up long enough to tantalize and then lock it up?

If her friend took the pic then by law the friend should own the copyright.

Seems a mix-up between moral obligation by law (taking/publishing pics of minors) and C law

Reactions: lulilu
I was just thinking about that...they really do have so much in common!

I think most people just don't know much about her. As I have mentioned I hardly ever see her in my social media or the programs I watch or news I read. And I don't think anyone can deny racism is not only prevalent it is sadly on the rise these days. So it is easy to for people who don't follow her closely to conclude it may be a factor here too.

I don't believe anyone is asking for that.

Unfortunately privilege doesn't erase racism.

thank you for that. I guess you could call Amanda Gorman privileged now but did she grow up with all the advantages Meghan had? also, she is black so I would think her experience is different from Meghan's. It's terrible what that security guard did to her. If he was so suspicious (for no good reason) he could have simply watched her use her key to enter and not harrassed her.

Last edited: