MINKIE CHAT THREAD ..... Let's chat! (4)

I’ve been out of the bag game for about 2 years... carrying a huge diaper bag for my little I went “shopping” in my closet and fell in love with all of my RM bags. They are new to me and I just love them!! It seems like they have lost popularity though. Can anyone fill me in on how contemporary brands are going these days? I love MK quality and the pocket/ key fob set up in all of them but actually sold off all of mine bc everyone seems to have them and I got bored with them. Coach seems to have become a thing of the past and Tory Burch just isn’t my style. I love the edgy style of RM and how it just compliments any outfit as an accessory so realistically, I guess I don’t particularly care if they are trendy or not but still curious and would love to hear from you guys

Welcome! Glad you’ve rediscovered RM! I can’t speak for Tory or MK, but Coach is very much not in the past. They’ve seen a resurgence in recent years by going back to basics and thankfully, focusing less on the logo. I have no idea whether current RM styles are popular; all of us here are more into the OS bags with a few current favorites.

Last edited:
I’ve been out of the bag game for about 2 years... carrying a huge diaper bag for my little I went “shopping” in my closet and fell in love with all of my RM bags. They are new to me and I just love them!! It seems like they have lost popularity though. Can anyone fill me in on how contemporary brands are going these days? I love MK quality and the pocket/ key fob set up in all of them but actually sold off all of mine bc everyone seems to have them and I got bored with them. Coach seems to have become a thing of the past and Tory Burch just isn’t my style. I love the edgy style of RM and how it just compliments any outfit as an accessory so realistically, I guess I don’t particularly care if they are trendy or not but still curious and would love to hear from you guys

Welcome! Rebecca Minkoff puts out new designs/colors A LOT (some colors even sell out super quick and aren't restocked) so some are more current trends and others are past ones. I think there's so much variety of shapes and colors that anyone could find something they love though. Since not everyone is carrying around the exact same bag/color of hers I also think it helps them not "age" as much. Not using big logos has helped with that too and a lot of people have no idea what brand it is unless they are familiar with them. I have been asked about my Mini Mac's a lot and I consider that one of her most popular bags over time. :smile:

Hello! We'd love to hear what RM you have!

I really love my RMs from before 2010, especially love '07 & ' 08 stuff.
Of her current styles, the Edie gets a lot of love here, as well as the Love (crossbody?).
Which bags do you have?

Thanks for your replies! I’ll have to check out Coach again. I used to love their quality and classic look. i just expanded my RM collection with a lot of gently pre-loved bags and it includes:

Black MAB with gold hardware
Cherry Red MAM with silver hardware
2 Regan Satchels - Black and Almond, both with gold hardware
Medium Moto Satchel in Putty with silver and black hardware
Large Julian Backpack in Mink with gold hardware
2 Mini Macs - Moon blue with silver hardware (my first love) and Grey with gunmetal hardware
Large Mac: Black with gold hardware
Mini quilted affair in black with gold hardware
Large quilted affair in Burgundy with gold hardware
Small Love Crossbody in ice grey with silver hardware
2 Medium Love Crossbodies: Black with gunmetal hardware and taupe with gold hardware
Jumbo Love Crossbody in Black with Black hardware (Love this ☝️- prob my fav!)

And my new diaper bag - Knocked Up Bag. Got it for an amazing price on Poshmark and this bag looks so chic for a diaper bag. I bought a bunch of these pre-loved and am realizing that I am cut off from bag shopping for a very long time I still have 2 Michael Kors bags that I’m keeping too. One is for work - the large travel tote and another is like a dupe for a mini Celine bag but I don’t know the name.

Thanks for your replies! I’ll have to check out Coach again. I used to love their quality and classic look. i just expanded my RM collection with a lot of gently pre-loved bags and it includes:

2 Mini Macs - Moon blue with silver hardware (my first love) and Grey with gunmetal hardware
2 Medium Love Crossbodies: Black with gunmetal hardware and taupe with gold hardware
Jumbo Love Crossbody in Black with Black hardware (Love this ☝- prob my fav!)

And my new diaper bag - Knocked Up Bag. Got it for an amazing price on Poshmark and this bag looks so chic for a diaper bag. I bought a bunch of these pre-loved and am realizing that I am cut off from bag shopping for a very long time I still have 2 Michael Kors bags that I’m keeping too. One is for work - the large travel tote and another is like a dupe for a mini Celine bag but I don’t know the name.

Sounds like a great collection!! A bag for basically anything!

Edit to add: and some of the new Coach bags look really nice. They have been doing a good rebranding in the past couple years.

Jumbo Love Crossbody in Black with Black hardware (Love this ☝- prob my fav!)

Impressive collection! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: