Let's talk Delvaux!

I love the leather handle ribbon. I have so many Twillys, but never liked the feel of them on my handles. Leather would be perfect. Christofle, do you have any experience with the crispy calf leather? Would you say the feel is similar to Togo? I am hoping to add a Tempête and would like a gold - cognac leather. The days of going in a boutique were so much easier than right now. One more question, if a person prefers palladium hardware would this be a possible change or would this be a SO (if that is possible)? Thank you for your help!! :heart: Anyone with feedback on the crispy calf leather would love to hear your thoughts!!!

I wish I could be more of a help but all of my communication has been by text and phone due to covid so I can’t comment on crispy calf. As for the handle ribbon, it is in lambskin.

With regards to SO, they offer a made to order service (choice of hardware, edge coat, stitching) but from my understanding Delvaux only offers the service for exotics.7284956B-7B77-4951-B011-187DD1F6A2BB.jpeg

IMO Delvaux Crispy Calf leather resembles Hermès Togo leather in the visible veining, but the grain of the leather is a bit more prominent in Crispy Calf, making it perhaps just a tad less formal than other calfskin leathers by Delvaux. It is all a question of perception and taste. Some Hermès clients seek less visible veining in their Togo bags; others prefer the veining. Delvaux Crispy Calf veining is quite visible.
Hope this helps.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and TraceySH
IMO Delvaux Crispy Calf leather resembles Hermès Togo leather in the visible veining, but the grain of the leather is a bit more prominent in Crispy Calf, making it perhaps just a tad less formal than other calfskin leathers by Delvaux. It is all a question of perception and taste. Some Hermès clients seek less visible veining in their Togo bags; others prefer the veining. Delvaux Crispy Calf veining is quite visible.
Hope this helps.

Thank you, @JolieS and @Christofle. I was thinking the same regarding the veining. I zoomed in and could see the prominence. I have two Togo K's and while I love them, I adore the feel of my Clemence bags the most. It just feels so supple in comparison. Just the name, Crispy, made me think drier! :lol: I am sure I would love it regardless.

• Love
Reactions: 880
Would a leather ribbon suit my bag or would it be "Too much" on the Tempete? I'd like some kind of ribbon/twilly, but I don't know if it will be too loud. Never had any..
So sorry, @bonjour! , for my late reply to you! I think a leather ribbon would look beautiful on your new bag. I don’t think it would be loud at all, especially if you go more monochromatic. I love Twillys used as a decoration on bags, but personally don’t like the feel of them on my handles. I have added the Delvaux ribbon to my wishlist! May I ask what size your Tempete is? I am having such a difficult time deciding on size. Thank you!

Reactions: Christofle
Chiming in about the leather ribbon...I was looking for an alternative to a Twilly for my Kelly and found the Delvaux ribbon (the one with fur at the end), and it goes quite well IMO! It definitely feels better & is less slippery and more secure than silk. The downside is that it was so much harder to wrap and tie. Still, I love how it looks and feels, kept playing with the fluffy ball when I took the bag out that day haha. Here’s a quick photo from when I first tried putting it on...

888BD4BE-C5FC-4CB2-B22C-EF2AF74F14AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Chiming in about the leather ribbon...I was looking for an alternative to a Twilly for my Kelly and found the Delvaux ribbon (the one with fur at the end), and it goes quite well IMO! It definitely feels better & is less slippery and more secure than silk. The downside is that it was so much harder to wrap and tie. Still, I love how it looks and feels, kept playing with the fluffy ball when I took the bag out that day haha. Here’s a quick photo from when I first tried putting it on...

View attachment 4992940
Adorable :love::love::love:
Enjoy your lovely new ribbon !

Reactions: JenJBS and momoc