Sundance Catalog Bags - Have you ever?

mombug

O.G.
Apr 29, 2007
I've purchased clothing and jewelry from the Sundance Catalog, but wondered if any of you TPFers have every tried their handbags? The quality of their products is amazing so I would assume that their bags are just as nice. They look beautiful in the catalog and the prices are so reasonable. Anyone?

mom, hate to tell you - I've ordered two handbags from Sundance over a period of time, and both times I sent them back. They are beautiful in print, but in real life? Inferior leather, cheap lining (and one with no lining) and they just feel cheap. The one with lining made a crackling noise, for heaven's sake. That was the slouch bag. I was shocked and appalled that Sundance's quality doesn't appear to carry over to their bags. I won't order again ...

mom, hate to tell you - I've ordered two handbags from Sundance over a period of time, and both times I sent them back. They are beautiful in print, but in real life? Inferior leather, cheap lining (and one with no lining) and they just feel cheap. The one with lining made a crackling noise, for heaven's sake. That was the slouch bag. I was shocked and appalled that Sundance's quality doesn't appear to carry over to their bags. I won't order again ...
Thanks India for your response. I have to tell you I was very tempted to order a bag, but thanks to you, no way. I agree with you, however, the bags do look great in print. I guess I have become way too spoiled. I'll just stick to the clothing and jewelry.

Glad I could help, even if it was bad news. I LOVE their jewelry; Sundance was what got me started on jes maharry. I've got a pair of her earrings and a ring that would have cost me over $1k if I'd bought it through Sundance - but I found it on e-Bay for half that price. It's the "Make a Wish" ring; now I think she calls it "Wish", but regardless - Sundance does jewelry perfectly...

I can't speak about the bags directly from sundancecatalog.com, but I know that they used to get a number of their bags from Ellington (ellingtonleather.com). They usually have a number of good deals on their own website, but their bags are definitely more "rustic" than the bags generally reviewed on tPF.