Zero Feedback Buyer

Jul 9, 2018
Hello - I did a quick search didn't see this question asked, I do apologize if it's a repeat.

I sold an item last night that had been sitting on eBay for so long that I forgot I even had an active listing. The buyer is new, with zero feedback. I've seen other sellers saying that they won't accept bids from zero feedback bidders and I'm wondering why? My buyer has paid and I would be happy to ship the item out tomorrow but I got an uneasy feeling when I saw the buyer has no feedback. It's not a high value item, it's a model horse I sold for $80, cost to ship is $25.

Is it risky for me to ship this item and if so, should I cancel the sale? I'm a relatively new seller, my listing did not say that I won't sell to new buyers.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Ok, quick update. I searched again and got a few responses, I'm not sure why I didn't the first time. One recommendation was to google the buyer so I did that. It does appear that my buyer lives at that address, has a very prestigious occupation, and is a registered voter. I feel better.

I bought quite a high value item as a new buyer with no issues. I joined eBay specifically to buy this item (£1k+). People need to start somewhere but I would be seriously annoyed if the seller refused to sell me the item as a new buyer. Makes no sense to me whatsoever and I would be inclined to leave negative feedback reflecting this. Whilst I have not used eBay since, I would assume all the scams you hear about are not always from people with no feedback/new buyers.

Hello - I did a quick search didn't see this question asked, I do apologize if it's a repeat.

I sold an item last night that had been sitting on eBay for so long that I forgot I even had an active listing. The buyer is new, with zero feedback. I've seen other sellers saying that they won't accept bids from zero feedback bidders and I'm wondering why? My buyer has paid and I would be happy to ship the item out tomorrow but I got an uneasy feeling when I saw the buyer has no feedback. It's not a high value item, it's a model horse I sold for $80, cost to ship is $25.

Is it risky for me to ship this item and if so, should I cancel the sale? I'm a relatively new seller, my listing did not say that I won't sell to new buyers.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

I've been selling on ebay for about 12 years and was never nervous about new buyers. I find if they pay they're usually not a problem. Any problem buyers I've ever had showed lots of feedback and weren't 'new' at all. I'd ship with no worries.

Thank you for the responses!

I shipped it out yesterday. An hour after shipping it and updating the tracking on ebay, I got a message from the buyer requesting more photos and asking about the condition of the model. It sold on Monday night. Uh oh.

I prefer new buyers to old ones.
theold ones with high feeeback know how to work the EBay and are cheeky in asking discounts or reducing items, also they are more problematic.
once I sold my vintage Lv Speedy to and new buyer - who opened her account the very same day.
when I found that I almost fainted as also the user number was really long with digits like some computerised name.
I was at the Dr office at that time and my heart race shoot so high cos of this.
I was contemplating to cancel the order but in the end I decided to go with it as needed the money urgentry.
it all went so well!!!
She even sent me thanking email saying how happy she is with the bag!

Reactions: Morgan_Bellini