Dear Dooney.com, please get your act together.

I don't know why they call it small. I wonder if they had planned a larger version..... it's definitely not small but not too big either. My pebble logan is 10"wide , 11" tall, and 6.5" deep. It's a very nice size. Here is a pic of my caramel Logan next to my Strawberry zipzip for comparison.

20200918_072219.jpg

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Oh, and I did another buy.... OMG... I had purchased the Flo Camden Hobo some months back. And then Returned it uncarried. I had purchased it at almost retail and I just couldn't justify the price, as much as I loved it. So I sent it back. But with today's ILD FRIEND code and my points ($30 worth), it made it a great buy.
Congratulations. What color Flo Camden Hobo did you get?
I like the regular Flo Camden satchel... nice design and
a better size for me.

Been thinking.... we need to find a different thread for this continuing conversation....
title of this thread doesn't fit where our discussion has gone. And that's a good thing. :smile:

Reactions: BadWolf10
I don't know why they call it small. I wonder if they had planned a larger version..... it's definitely not small but not too big either. My pebble logan is 10"wide , 11" tall, and 6.5" deep. It's a very nice size. Here is a pic of my caramel Logan next to my Strawberry zipzip for comparison.

View attachment 4852040
Thanks for the pictures. The measurements of the Flo small Logan are different than yours....
but... who knows... posted dimensions are often in error, so I'm glad to have your input.
It's possible that the Flo Logan and the pebbled leather Logan are different dimensions....
Dooney sometimes does that when a bag is made as an 'exclusive' for a department store
or even QVC or they just decide on a slightly different set of measurements when they
make the bag for a different leather collection. The Barlow and Brenna have slightly different
measurements in different collections. And inch may not seem like a lot.... but it can change the
look of a handbag and also make it too bulky or too small, depending.

Anyway, I think the small Flo Logan will be ok. The zip zip is my 'barometer' for handbag size...
it hold just enough for me. So I look for bags with that capacity or slightly larger. The wider base
on the Flo small Logan adds a lot of extra interior room.

Congratulations. What color Flo Camden Hobo did you get?
I like the regular Flo Camden satchel... nice design and
a better size for me.

Been thinking.... we need to find a different thread for this continuing conversation....
title of this thread doesn't fit where our discussion has gone. And that's a good thing. :smile:
I ordered natural. I surprisingly don't own any natural Flo handbags.

I agree, we have moved off topic, but still fun to chat.... wonder where we should move it to.....

Interesting.... I hadnt even looked at the dimensions...... I will definitely have to measure the Logan in Flo when it arrives..... I hope you love it. Mine should arrive today I think.

BW: Logan arrived. Size is perfect. It's a roomy handbag, but not overly large and
not small. The wide, almost square base combined with the good amount of height make
it a good size. I find that a bag that doesn't have depth or one that narrows toward the top
or bottom, is often 'smaller' in usage terms than the dimensions seem to imply.

And, I like chatting with you too. Will have to look over the other threads to see which one
might be more on topic. To start, for discussions on Florentine handbags, we can use the Florentine
thread. So, let's move there. OK?

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Purpleflower: sorry you didn't get your bags. Dooney has cancelled a few of mine, and others
they shipped after 4-6 weeks. Coach has also cancelled some handbags. They showed as available on the web site when I ordered them. Then they said back order. Then they were available again.... and my order was cancelled. Oh well.... I wanted that bag, but didn't need it.
I consider it an omen. :smile: There will always be other bags.

12 Days of Dooney, on line, coming up soon.

Found the same bag used on ebay for under $100. Woohoo! I prefer lightly used, it's broken in for me already. Once I get it, I'll clean and condition. Dooney.com has lost a sale and customer...bummer

Reactions: starbucksqueen
Hi Everyone, did Dooney.com just charge $200 you didn't spend to the credit card they have on file for you? Please check your accounts. I have tried two ways to reach them today: their online contact form which mysteriously doesn't submit successfully, and the phone, which says 43 people are ahead of me in line.

Here we go AGAIN.

DD: thanks for the head-up, I'll check. From my experience, vendors often 'charge' a card for
items on order or on some form of easy pay. But.... unless the charge is confirmed by the vendor,
it just disappears and you aren't billed until the items actually get ready to ship or the payment is due.
It can tie up your credit limit for a few days, but it's the vendors way to being sure the card and money
are still available for the purchase you made.

I have a back order item from Lands End and every month they 'charge' my credit card and then it
disappears because the item isn't going to be available to ship until Feb It doesn't show up on the
monthly bill from the credit card, but I see it online when it happens and I get notified by the
credit card company that there was a transaction. I've had the same kind of thing happen with
Coach online.

Reactions: DaffodilDuck
DD: thanks for the head-up, I'll check. From my experience, vendors often 'charge' a card for
items on order or on some form of easy pay. But.... unless the charge is confirmed by the vendor,
it just disappears and you aren't billed until the items actually get ready to ship or the payment is due.
It can tie up your credit limit for a few days, but it's the vendors way to being sure the card and money
are still available for the purchase you made.

I have a back order item from Lands End and every month they 'charge' my credit card and then it
disappears because the item isn't going to be available to ship until Feb It doesn't show up on the
monthly bill from the credit card, but I see it online when it happens and I get notified by the
credit card company that there was a transaction. I've had the same kind of thing happen with
Coach online.

Thanks, lavenderjunkie. I'm suspecting the charge will disappear in a few days--it had BETTER do so--- but my bigger concern is why the $##!&%!! Dooney.com is up to its typical lowdown tricks related to people's finances and the precious financial information bestowed by customers on Dooney and Bourke.

And the lowest trick of all is blocking the only two advertised options to contact them. They have clearly disabled the online contact form and in addition to an auto-disclaimer they had put on the phone line (lying that there were 43 people ahead of me in line...really, exactly 43 at every time of day today???), they have now disabled the phones with a "please contact us using the online contact form [ you know, the disabled one!]" disclaimer.

How disgraceful.

Customer service is not their strong suit. And it's a shame. Their products are so good.
I think the company would do much more business if they invested in customer service.

This year I am finding that most companies customer service has suffered a lot.
Coach used to have great CS. Now, phone wait time is over 30 minutes and many handbags shipped
from an outlet are so poorly package that they get damaged before they even get in the shippers
hands. Items are sold on the web site, put in back order status and your order is cancelled and then
they reappear on the web site. Frustrating if you really want a handbag.
I'm trying not to care. It's just another handbag. There will always be another one
I want.

I haven't posted in a while, but came to the forum today just to see if anyone else had their card charged with an unspecified or unauthorized purchase. I haven't shopped at Dooney.com for more than a year and they do not have my debit card on file because I have a new one. However, recently I have shopped at ILoveDooney and the the D&B outlets. Today I have a 46.00 charge on my debit card from Dooney.com. I have filed a transaction dispute with my bank.

Reactions: DaffodilDuck