Cover initials on Artois tote

WendiBoo

Mar 31, 2007
Hi ladies

I'm thinking about buying a wonderful preloved (like new!) Artois in MM. The only downside is that it's customized and have the sellers initial on the it.. (3 letters), grey colour.
Do you think it's possible to cover the initials with new customization if I ask Goyard to do it?

Hi ladies

I'm thinking about buying a wonderful preloved (like new!) Artois in MM. The only downside is that it's customized and have the sellers initial on the it.. (3 letters), grey colour.
Do you think it's possible to cover the initials with new customization if I ask Goyard to do it?

My understanding is that Goyard will only do marquage within 3 months of purchase. With the bag being preloved, I don't think they'll do it. It has to do with the softening of the coated canvas making it difficult to do quality control. However, there are many after market artists that can help you with the customization that would look just as beautiful! Good luck!

Reactions: WendiBoo
My understanding is that Goyard will only do marquage within 3 months of purchase. With the bag being preloved, I don't think they'll do it. It has to do with the softening of the coated canvas making it difficult to do quality control. However, there are many after market artists that can help you with the customization that would look just as beautiful! Good luck!
Thank you so much!!! :smile:

I removed initials on a bag, and messed up the fabric. Goyard redid the customization, (I put a dog on it). It cost quite a bit, but. I like it better. And, I'd had the bag several years, (before I attempted to remove my monogram, I never liked the colors and placement). The things to remember here is that I'm the original owner, and that Goyard did the painting, both times. I would call a boutique and ask. The Dallas boutique reps have always been helpful to me.

Reactions: jjgg and viciel
Bumping this old thread because I have a similar question…there’s an Artois for sale that I could get for an absolute steal, and it matches 2/3 initials. Has anyone used an aftermarket company for Goyard customization?

Oops just realized you're not discussing the Artois, please join any discussion for monogramming a Goyard in general as it's complimentary on the Artois.

There is a woman on Etsy that will removed initials on Goyard for $135. I chickened out about doing it and am living with my Artois that has someone else’s initials Luckily it is on the inside of bag below zipper and not really that noticeable. But looks like the Etsy lady (I searched “Goyard painting removal”or some such) has positive reviews all around for her work. I may still get these initials removed. Only I know it, but it’s kinda weird to me.

Last edited by a moderator: