Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

At least they could resell the stripper pole. The rest is for the trash heap.

grace, after going MIA from this thread for a week, and thinking that today was Sunday all day, thanks for making my first post read today on this thread to be so amusing, for lack of a better word. Meghan? Harry? Stripper poles?
Obviously, I have some catching up to do.

Before I resume reading, must say that this thread moves like a FRICKEN FREIGHT TRAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!

There may not be a customer base for H&M LOVERS, but gee, there certainly might be one for us non-believers who won't drink H&M's kool-aid, and that of their PR teams, and most news organizations today. Just sayin' ladies & gents.

I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED I tell you .. I think this is the first time I've ever seen her not looking directly into the camera .. hmmmmmm.

That’s how we know she’s lying and she does read what is being said about her on social media. I’m sure this thread isn’t the only place on the web that has discussed at length how her eyes lock on to any nearby camera lens with the same intensity as a border collie’s eyes lock on to a sheep. :lol:

She is adjusting her technique accordingly.

Last edited:
:welcome: back @VigeeLeBrun

Agree that, at 2595 pages and counting, this thread moves quickly. On other websites, their anti-H&M threads move a bit faster than this with much more gossip-y and kinda entertaining posts. The thing is - with the lies, the royal-not-royal usage of titles, the Diana triggers, the W&K shade, etc., these 2 stir up so much negativity toward brand BRF that, when H&M’s year review is finished, brand BRF will need some renovation, just like H&M’s houses. :graucho:

I'm enjoying the conversation as usual, just wondering why there are pages of chatting when the article states that the Giggster listing opened prior to the sale of the house :confused1: If the previous owner put it on Giggster, the account owner would need to delete the listing or request for its removal. Otherwise it's pretty tough. There's plenty of stories of people who purchase existing vacation rentals and cannot open up listings with their new address because the previous owner refused to close down their listing. I'd need more confirmation that it's Harry and Meghan trying to list their home out, which I highly doubt because they have a baby and it would require locking up all their belongings every time the place is rented out. Very tedious work for hourly rentals. I don't see it.

It is much more plausible that the previous owner put it on Giggster to offset costs while it was listed for sale and hasn't bothered to take down the listing.
Agree that is a possibility .. the story could be bogus ...

but it is such a giggle to hypothesize about this

On the question about locking up stuff .... dunno I went through the Seville Alcazar when Game of Thrones was filming there, UNESCO world heritage site much more valuable than JCMH bibelots
There were chaperones for the crew, lots of locked marked areas - off limits to crew, guards for the building and filming was during the tourist off season ... A pain but possible ...

One point - H and M never have an empty house, they have PAs, nanny, cook, maid, PR staff, stylists, makeup artist , security , their own film crews Etc
Damage and theft are always an issue when you have staff/servants. Diana’s watch is in a safe when not in use, insurance covers the Ming vases
Just a different ethos, if you have staff in an expensive house , you deal with theft/damage rather than try to make it never happen like the rest of us

So true, @marietouchet In the multi-million dollar real estate world, the rules are somewhat different. Still, I would be surprised to find out their neighborhood allows this sort of business to operate. For numerous reasons, I don’t believe they really live there. Whatever photos and videos they release are really just promos for the location, the products, etc. Surely, their lawyers would have discovered this Giggster entry when they researched the property. Or at least the lawyers would have asked the previous owners if they had posted the house on other websites. If not, then we’ll have another lawsuit to follow.

Agree that is a possibility .. the story could be bogus ...

but it is such a giggle to hypothesize about this

On the question about locking up stuff .... dunno I went through the Seville Alcazar when Game of Thrones was filming there, UNESCO world heritage site much more valuable than JCMH bibelots
There were chaperones for the crew, lots of locked marked areas - off limits to crew, guards for the building and filming was during the tourist off season ... A pain but possible ...

One point - H and M never have an empty house, they have PAs, nanny, cook, maid, PR staff, stylists, makeup artist , security , their own film crews Etc
Damage and theft are always an issue when you have staff/servants. Diana’s watch is in a safe when not in use, insurance covers the Ming vases
Just a different ethos, if you have staff in an expensive house , you deal with theft/damage rather than try to make it never happen like the rest of us

So true, @marietouchet In the multi-million dollar real estate world, the rules are somewhat different. Still, I would be surprised to find out their neighborhood allows this sort of business to operate. For numerous reasons, I don’t believe they really live there. Whatever photos and videos they release are really just promos for the location, the products, etc. Surely, their lawyers would have discovered this Giggster entry when they researched the property. Or at least the lawyers would have asked the previous owners if they had posted the house on other websites. If not, then we’ll have another lawsuit to follow.

They don't live in an HOA so as long as they follow county guidelines I doubt the neighborhood is in a position to stop this. This stuff happens in expensive neighborhoods all the time... for example you can tell when the Kardashians travel, they rent a house wherever they stay (can you tell I've started watching KUWTK?). They clearly film there hours and hours a day and no doubt these are nice neighborhoods.

All that said I highly doubt this is a real listing from them. It seemed like the house had been vacant for awhile so it was probably a business manager or attorney listing it to make the owners some extra dollars then didn't care enough to take it down after the home was sold. Some people just don't care about that stuff once it's no longer their problem.

Undoubtedly, there are loopholes. Aren’t there zoning laws in Montecito? If zoned residential, can they run a business out of the house? Of course, covid has change many of the WFH rules. Still, since we are in a pandemic, is it wise to have lots of traffic in the neighborhood? Definitely first world problems and definitely not my problem :smile:

Resolved [maybe]: Their Montecito home was listed on Giggster, where it could be rented for a film shoot for $700 an hour, the Daily Mail also reported. The listing has been deleted.

Last edited:
Reactions: lanasyogamama
Undoubtedly, there are loopholes. Aren’t there zoning laws in Montecito? If zoned residential, can they run a business out of the house? Of course, covid has change many of the WFH rules. Still, since we are in a pandemic, is it wise to have lots of traffic in the neighborhood? Definitely first world problems and definitely not my problem :smile:

You can definitely run a business out of your home in a residential neighborhood... very common even before COVID. Airbnb or event rentals are so common these days too. I actually had a few estates in Santa Barbara on my list to host my wedding last year. Many beautiful houses in that area.

Lawyers? It doesn’t work that way. Lawyers don’t have magical abilities to scour the internet for random stuff like a Giggster listing. Title companies wouldn’t have found out either. What is illegal or unethical about buying a property previously rented out on a website for photoshoots that would require the attention of a lawyer?

Last edited:

Resolved [maybe]: Their Montecito home was listed on Giggster, where it could be rented for a film shoot for $700 an hour, the Daily Mail also reported. The listing has been deleted.

You can, unless it’s explicitly written into local laws and codes against short term rentals.

Lawyers? It doesn’t work that way. Lawyers don’t have magical abilities to scour the internet for random stuff like a Giggster listing. Title companies wouldn’t have found out either. What is illegal or unethical about buying a property previously rented out on a website for photoshoots that would require the attention of a lawyer?

My lawyers do indeed scour the internet for that stuff. They may not do it themselves, but they have investigators who do. When I am buying a property, I want a clear deed and title. I don’t want random people showing up at the door, claiming they rented my house. Ewwwww. Now that I know about ‘location scouting’, Airbnb, etc., I will add those to the list of things to beware of. All it takes is one unpleasant neighbor to make life very uncomfortable. Such a crazy world we have made for ourselves.

I had actually never even thought of this scenario, that a home you purchase could be listed on those sites, before this thread. It’s actually a good point to check... I bought my home just last year and it wouldn’t even occur to me (also didn’t deal with lawyers or investigators). We’re all still catching up to technology...

Reactions: bellecate