Pochette Métis or new Gucci 1955 Horsebit?

Okay this may be the wrong thread for impartial feedback but I am desperately in love with the new Gucci 1955 Horsebit bag. Problem is, I have a strict one in, one out bag policy. The bag on the chopping block would be the pochette Métis in reverse mono which I do love but for some reason only seem to wear a couple of times a month. Am I insane to give up such a high demand bag for something I can pick up in store easily? Please help me solve this first world problem!
I like both the Gucci 1955 Horsebit bag and the LV Pochette Metis. I think they are both classic looking bags.

If you are not reaching for the LV bag there is a good reason for that, either the bag doesn’t suit your needs, taste or style. Don’t just keep a bag because you’re expected to like it.

I like the Gucci 1955 bag it’s very fresh and modern but so classic at the same time. The only thing I love more about the LV Pochette Metis is that it has the external back pocket to easily access your phone or travel card. If the Gucci had it it would be the most perfect bag. :smile:

As someone who owns both, I will chime in. I have horses and ride so for me when the Horsebit came out it was a must have for my collection. It's a running joke in our house regarding the "D ring snaffle" which the horse bit is based on. Having said that, one of my friends warned me the resale on the Gucci is horrible. I knew that going into it. As so many have said, buy the bag because you love it not because you think it's an investment. But if you think you will tire of it quickly it's something to consider. I will say that the quality of the Gucci is superior in my mind to the LV PM. That's a sad statement but true.

Last edited:
Reactions: cajhingle and JoRW
I love the PM in black Empreinte better than both of these bags, but in this case, the Gucci seems like a better choice for you. I'm not a big Gucci girl but this is classic and beautiful.

Reactions: JoRW
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm trying to decide which of these two bags to get. I prefer the look of the Gucci, but am concerned it's too structured and that the strap isn't long enough to wear crossbody. I love the LVPM, the back pocket it has, and the versatility of the strap. @JoRW did you get the Gucci? How do you like it compared to your PM?

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm trying to decide which of these two bags to get. I prefer the look of the Gucci, but am concerned it's too structured and that the strap isn't long enough to wear crossbody. I love the LVPM, the back pocket it has, and the versatility of the strap. @JoRW did you get the Gucci? How do you like it compared to your PM?
I have both PM and the Gucci. I don't think it's any more structured personally but at 5'7" it's too short to wear crossbody. Other than that it's a very classy looking bag.

Reactions: Hippolyta
I have both PM and the Gucci. I don't think it's any more structured personally but at 5'7" it's too short to wear crossbody. Other than that it's a very classy looking bag.

Thank you, @coloradolvr. I'm 5'7" too, so your observation about wearing it crossbody is especially helpful. I'm so torn because I love the look of the bag, but worry I won't wear it very much if I don't have the option of crossbody. I wish the strap was removable so I could just plan to easily swap a different strap in.

Thank you, @coloradolvr. I'm 5'7" too, so your observation about wearing it crossbody is especially helpful. I'm so torn because I love the look of the bag, but worry I won't wear it very much if I don't have the option of crossbody. I wish the strap was removable so I could just plan to easily swap a different strap in.
I completely understand. I feel the same way. I will say that as an equestrian I had to have it and yet to wear it because of how short it is on me :sad:

I completely understand. I feel the same way. I will say that as an equestrian I had to have it and yet to wear it because of how short it is on me :sad:

Oh, that makes me so sad. I'm a Gucci girl--or was... I haven't liked much of the recent designs, but have always adored the classic styles. So this one is right up my alley. For years, the only LV bag I ever wanted was the Artsy (which I have), but I've now fallen in love with the PM.

Maybe I just need to accept I will eventually end up with both and it's more about picking which to get first. :lol: :loveeyes:

Thank you, @coloradolvr !

Reactions: coloradolvr