Would you adopt at this time?

I have an older long haired chihuahua. They are wonderful, stubborn and loyal. When I got him he was seven weeks old and super tiny. I took him everywhere and as I worked from home, he wasn’t alone much. We used a baby gate for the puppy training phase with potty pads. Many vets will meet you outside the clinic and take the pup inside for the exam.
The alternative is adopting a senior dog. Less work in most cases.

As far as pet food and training supplies you can get all of it from online shopping. I use Chewy.com and Onlynaturalpet.com

There are so many free training videos on YouTube that will address most any issue that dogs could have.
I did my Master’s thesis on the human animal bonds. They are so important for emotional, physical and psychological well-being, that they could be considered good medicine:heart:
Good luck!
if OP doesn't want a senior with all the potential health issues, she could get a young adult who is already trained but still has puppy in him/her. would also eliminate vet vist for vacccines

Definitely adopt! ...and if you're on the fence.... an alternative to adopting is to foster a pup until the world gets back to normal.

I have a Chihuahua and she's about 8 yrs old. When I first got her, I took her everywhere with me for close to a year (she was so tiny! and I had little doggy purse for her). When she turned 1, she started barking at strangers. So, I had to start leaving her home, which she adapted to just fine. She just hangs out in the sun spots and naps while I'm not home. We go on long walks in the morning + night and lots of cuddles when we sleep :love: We still go on walks now. We just make sure to stay away from other people and aren't out as long as we normally would be.

I love my baby girl and I def think you would love a little Chichi! Side note, my friend just adopted a little Chi a few weeks ago and he's also in love! The pup has really been helping him cope with the loneliness of the social distancing / lockdown and they've been bonding all day.

Post pics if you decide adopt!
I have a long -haired chi and he’s so sweet! He wasn’t very nice the first few years, even though I took him out in his little bag. He barked at kids, babies, dogs, you name it! I stopped taking him out. Funny thing happened when we got a Golden Retriever puppy...he became nice and acted like a normal dog:smile:. I think having this huge puppy trying to play and bugging him made him realize he wasn’t the boss anymore:smile:

He is 14 now, and he had a terrible time last year with grand mal seizures. It was so heartbreaking, and then he could barely walk after that. I found a vet that gave him prednisone and he walked that day he started the pills! No more seizure or lameness.
He takes CBD for the seizures, joint support vitamins, and Chinese herbs. Now he is as good as new:heart::heart::heart:

I called the vet and they don’t do follow up vaccination as of today and they will be able to start back in May.. government orders..
I would be getting her on the 10th so of nothing changes, I would be ok..
some people do their own vaccinations.....I personally wouldn't try it and I don't know where you'd buy them but a friend of mine years ago did it on a kitten I was adopting from him

So, We decided to get our baby girl. Best decision ever. She is amazing. She’s been with us for two weeks and sleeps through the night without crying. She loves people, she loves car rides. We are in love. Meet Zara

Attachments

• 6FF4776D-67A8-49E5-B300-0811969FA792.jpeg
    6FF4776D-67A8-49E5-B300-0811969FA792.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 30
  • EF9562CD-BB52-4A21-9A86-B2BED6EB77D7.jpeg
    EF9562CD-BB52-4A21-9A86-B2BED6EB77D7.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 0F271D61-0AEC-440F-8DEA-AA3E61D7EE90.jpeg
    0F271D61-0AEC-440F-8DEA-AA3E61D7EE90.jpeg
    273.2 KB · Views: 28