Help with color on Marcie Muted Brown or Blush Nude

drglick

Aug 29, 2020
I'm new here and am getting my first Chloe Marcie medium bag. I have been wanting one for a while and finally doing it. I got it in the blush nude but sent it back and got the muted brown thinking it might not show dirt as quick. Now I'm having second thoughts about the muted brown. How does the leather hold up with the Marcie? Thank you for any color help!!

61946688886__1F173B7E-547A-450E-9EEF-7FBD74ADCB6B-preview 2.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg

I have the light brown. I honestly feel like it’s a nice summer and winter color. It goes with both even though I wear it more in the summer. I swear I based my decision on what color sandals or shoes I was wearing. Blush in winter IDK. Where I can promise you everyone loves my brown Marcie. It’s the lighter one not the dark one. Hope that helps.

• Love
Reactions: RT1
I have the chloe marcie large, in the beautiful color tan. I have had her for over 2 years, and worn her a lot. It is my best and most used travelbag, good size and holds a lot, and i have not babied her. But i try to pretect her from rainy weather... The bag is still in pristine condition. The color and the leather is just as beautiful as it was when new, and the hardware is also still perfect. Of all my handbags, marcie still is my favorite, and i think she just gets more beautiful by time The color goes with everything and for any season.

• Love
Reactions: RT1
I have the light brown. I honestly feel like it’s a nice summer and winter color. It goes with both even though I wear it more in the summer. I swear I based my decision on what color sandals or shoes I was wearing. Blush in winter IDK. Where I can promise you everyone loves my brown Marcie. It’s the lighter one not the dark one. Hope that helps.
Does the muted brown have an orange or peachy undertone?

Muted brown/ tan. It works all four seasons and you don't have to worry about leather yellowing one time. That blush is nice, but only limited to spring/ summer months. So you get less use out of it.

Like others here, I too have the Marcie in blush (large) and it still looks new. I am fairly careful with it but the Marcie leather holds up amazingly well! For 5+ years, I have used 3 in large and 2 in medium (which they now call small, I believe?) and all are still in pristine like new condition except for the large in black which the handle came unstitched on one side. It’s fair - I load it up and use it the most. Looking for a good repair place in Seattle area (if anyone has recommendations!) who will restore it to new. Also have a large Marcie bag in Nut, which is a Taupe-ish brown. Not a huge fan of this shade - it seems muted. I would prefer a British Tan shade with more warmth. Overall - you can’t go wrong with this bag. It’s gorgeous, incredibly well made, and always a joy to carry.

Attachments

• 72FDF375-2FAB-4935-AF90-23877ED376B1.jpeg
    72FDF375-2FAB-4935-AF90-23877ED376B1.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 12