Siena PM or Pochette Metis Mono

em_barry

Mar 19, 2020
Hi All,

Looking into my next bag and probably last one this year. I recently got the PM in empreinte and I do love the bag. I have my eyes on the Siena PM or the PM in mono. I love that the siena can hold lots and I like the look of the bag. I love top handle and cross body bags as have young children an both these bags have that.
As I have the PM already should I just get a different shape of bag therefore he Siena.
Anyone have any thoughts or insights?

If you like PM style so much, you can get your second one. Nothing wrong to have same style on different material. I like Sienna style, but I don’t like the side tab. So I will choose PM in mono. Good luck on deciding..
I agree! I prefer the design of the PM mono over the Siena. I'd just say follow your heart about which one you prefer, and I wouldn't worry about it being the same style of bag if you visually love it and find it practical too.

Reactions: $parksteR
I have the Siena PM, and I love it. It’s a beautiful, versatile bag, that’s super light, and really holds a decent amount!

You should obviously get the bag that will make you happier, but I say mix it up a little! You’ll have the best of both worlds with your beautiful PM in empreinte, and a lovely Siena PM in your rotation. :smile:

Guys for my first DE piece should I go with the Siena PM or the Alma PM? Has been contemplating the Siena for a couple of months now, and was debating about the Neverfulls but pm is too small and Mm is too big on me. I also saw the Bond Street BB with the pink stripe and loved it, but prefer a plain DE for my first piece+. Opinions please ... from the Alma PM I like the look and that it is classic and classy. It might be a bit too big on me. And it structured composition might make it difficult to travel with and not too practical? From the Siena I like that is slouchy. Can be handheld and crossbody, might not be heavy and it is a good size on me. My only concern is if it will date. TIA!

I am going to get the siena PM but havent gotten it just yet (need another couple of weeks to save) so cant comment on that. I do have the alma PM in DE and I do love it. I do find at times I can get sick of carrying it which is why I have started going for bags that I can use cross body as well as hand held. I also find I need to open it fully to get anything out and I think the siena would be good to open and get things in and out but I dont have first hand experience of it yet.
The alma is quite a structured bag which means it may not fit as much as the Siena. But the Alma is a classic and not sure if the Siena will ever be known as a classic.

I am going to get the siena PM but havent gotten it just yet (need another couple of weeks to save) so cant comment on that. I do have the alma PM in DE and I do love it. I do find at times I can get sick of carrying it which is why I have started going for bags that I can use cross body as well as hand held. I also find I need to open it fully to get anything out and I think the siena would be good to open and get things in and out but I dont have first hand experience of it yet.
The alma is quite a structured bag which means it may not fit as much as the Siena. But the Alma is a classic and not sure if the Siena will ever be known as a classic.
Thanks for your honest opinion!
I do have an Alma in epi noir and I used to love it, but I know what you mean: structured, sometimes you can get tired, you have to open it in full, but it’s elegant and classic. I still love it, don’t get me wrong, but it is not super practical. I feel it will never ever date, whereas the Siena, as much as it’s practical I fear it might date Oh decisions decisions....

Thanks for your honest opinion!
I do have an Alma in epi noir and I used to love it, but I know what you mean: structured, sometimes you can get tired, you have to open it in full, but it’s elegant and classic. I still love it, don’t get me wrong, but it is not super practical. I feel it will never ever date, whereas the Siena, as much as it’s practical I fear it might date Oh decisions decisions....

I think you need to decide what one is really speaking to you more and if you ever plan to sell it on. I never plan on selling my bags on and I have plenty that have been discontinued but I still reach for them. Also what once may date it may also be brought back again just look at Fendi and Dior bring back bags from 15/20 years ago (glad I hung onto my Fendi baguette!).
Also think if you want to diversify your collection, you already have an Alma maybe go for something different.
For me my alma is practical if I am going to work but not practical if I am shopping or out with kids as doesnt leave me hands free. So think about your lifestyle.

Reactions: Wilkyway
I think you need to decide what one is really speaking to you more and if you ever plan to sell it on. I never plan on selling my bags on and I have plenty that have been discontinued but I still reach for them. Also what once may date it may also be brought back again just look at Fendi and Dior bring back bags from 15/20 years ago (glad I hung onto my Fendi baguette!).
Also think if you want to diversify your collection, you already have an Alma maybe go for something different.
For me my alma is practical if I am going to work but not practical if I am shopping or out with kids as doesnt leave me hands free. So think about your lifestyle.
I know what you mean... I don’t sell my bags, still have a couple of Fendi too since 1998 and 2000. The Alma is pretty. I see my photos with it from 10/5 years ago and it doesn’t date, you see the Alma and you say : so pretty... but do I want a pretty bag (that can be worn sometimes/ specific times) or something I can wear everyday (Siena?) ? That’s my dilemma. Thing is that until you don’t have the bag and try it you don’t know for sure... I can speak for the Alma and the ones I own and used many times but cannot speak for the ones I don’t have yet...

I have the Siena pm and thinking if I should get the reverse PM LOL! I feel they're about the same size but the Siena PM would probably fit more since its 1 open space im thinking. I like the Siena since its so easy and it's cross body which the PM does have. I like how the Siena has 3 inside pockets so I have cell phone sanitizer and keys in each. Then I have tissue, airpods, toiletry 15, mini pochette and clemence wallet. I keep the bag open by the way, the bag is structured in a way where nothing falls out and items r in deep enough. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Wilkyway
I have the Siena pm and thinking if I should get the reverse PM LOL! I feel they're about the same size but the Siena PM would probably fit more since its 1 open space im thinking. I like the Siena since its so easy and it's cross body which the PM does have. I like how the Siena has 3 inside pockets so I have cell phone sanitizer and keys in each. Then I have tissue, airpods, toiletry 15, mini pochette and clemence wallet. I keep the bag open by the way, the bag is structured in a way where nothing falls out and items r in deep enough. Hope this helps!
Thanks !
Get the PM reverse! It’s stunning, it’s also on my future wish list for like 2021 (if nothing else “gets in the way” )