Scarves Autumn/Winter 2020 scarves

These threads are archived as part of our reference library, therefore please only post scarves on this thread from the season in the title.

If you are not sure, please do a search or ask in the ID this scarf thread before you post.
:drinks:

Try also not to keep posting stock photos once listed but offer your own photos to help others make their choices. Thank you :flowers:

The golden brown scarf had as first color "GB." What does GB stand for?
GB is the color family. Hermes releases silks within particular combinations of colors each season. You will see a two letter code before the (typically) three colors featured in the scarf. GB will denote the scarves within that color family this season. You can read more about it in a blog post by Notorious Pink here:
Scroll down to the part about silks.

Reactions: MAGJES
The golden brown scarf had as first color "GB." What does GB stand for?
@Angelian shared the various color groups/families here (quoted below)
Women’s color families, names:
* Botanica (light and dark pinks with darkish green)
* Gold and Blue
* Couleur Pourpre (mostly reds with some pink or purple)
* Orange Bleue
* Color Patch (various colors)
(Of course as usual not all CWs offered are going to fit in/be restricted to these color families.)
Men’s:
Bleu, Rouge, Orange, Gris and Kaki.
BO = Botanica
GB = Gold and Blue
OB = Orange and Blue

GB is the color family. Hermes releases silks within particular combinations of colors each season. You will see a two letter code before the (typically) three colors featured in the scarf. GB will denote the scarves within that color family this season. You can read more about it in a blog post by Notorious Pink here:
Scroll down to the part about silks.
@Angelian shared the various color groups/families here (quoted below)

BO = Botanica
GB = Gold and Blue
OB = Orange and Blue
Thank you @Meta that's very helpful.

Not sure if this CW is sought after? Wild Singapore on the US website
Yes, but I cannot open it, a “darned internet!” message is returned, which makes me thing it or they sold.

Yes, but I cannot open it, a “darned internet!” message is returned, which makes me thing it or they sold.
@Karenska - I think someone needs to alert Hermes of this issue, because it is negatively affecting their sales, if a scarf that is available for purchase cannot be purchased due to some glitch on their website. I have never (even though I am relatively new here) seen it take so many days before a scarf is rendered "purchaseable" on the Hermes website. That said, perhaps the scarf images on the website are merely visual placeholders until the time that the scarf in question arrives at their warehouse, and they can actually sell it?

@Karenska - I think someone needs to alert Hermes of this issue, because it is negatively affecting their sales, if a scarf that is available for purchase cannot be purchased due to some glitch on their website. I have never (even though I am relatively new here) seen it take so many days before a scarf is rendered "purchaseable" on the Hermes website. That said, perhaps the scarf images on the website are merely visual placeholders until the time that the scarf in question arrives at their warehouse, and they can actually sell it?
Thanks for weighing in, BagsRGreat. I am not sure if these are placeholders or not. A few weeks ago, when the website was flooded with previously sold out designs (Acte III, Index Palmarum, to name a couple), I tried to buy a Baobab Cat gav, previously sold out, which repeatedly returned the same message when trying to buy it. I had to conclude it was sold and the offering not yet deleted. I ended up buying it from Madison Ave, but they charged a $25 shipping fee, which shipping is free if buying from the website. And I agree with you that the new scarves aren’t often purchaseable. It’s a very nutty website, I’ll say that.

Reactions: MAGJES
I can understand the masks as fully worthwhile as well as using sanitizer when entering the store but applying it in-between handling various scarves? Everybody better rub it in so it doesn't spot anything. (I didn't think objects like groceries -- or scarves in this case -- convey Covid germs as well as the air in talking, sneezing, coughing, etc.). I have the feeling the use of sanitizer in-between viewing individual scarves is going to go by the wayside once the scarf counter gets crowded.
I guess the rules are different, depending where you are. In Canada, you have to wear a mask, use hand sanitizer upon entering the store and then put on gloves (which they provide, as well as masks if you don't have one). They won't let you touch the scarves, they will hold them up to your face in front of the mirror. Its frustrating but understandable. Also, its appointment only here - so no crowds. Doubt this is going to change anytime soon, even though our case count is low (for now at least).
Sorry to get off topic.