Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

I just discovered this forum! Thank you for being here!

Could you please authenticate this bag and advise on possible defect not stated in listing? Much appreciated!

Recently purchased Coach Mercer 33, not yet delivered.
Listed as New with Tags, .
Closer inspection of photos showed a possible indentation (defect) on back (below and a bit right of left handle) not stated in listing.
When I questioned seller she admitted there was an imprint/indentation. She had already shipped bag.
Now waiting to see how bad it is.

Order details
Tell us what you think Printer friendly page

Sales order
Sold by fashionmall760 ( 794 )Order number: 09-05271-33077
+ Show additional actions​

Estimated delivery Monday, Jul 6, 2020 - Saturday, Jul 11, 2020
+ Show shipping details

Coach 37167 Grain Mercer Black Leather Satchel 04015520 $450

Item price$233.99
Quantity1
Item number324128100541
Shipping serviceInternational Priority Shipping

s-l1600-11.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

I just discovered this forum! Thank you for being here!

Could you please authenticate this bag and advise on possible defect not stated in listing? Much appreciated!

Recently purchased Coach Mercer 33, not yet delivered.
Listed as New with Tags, .
Closer inspection of photos showed a possible indentation (defect) on back (below and a bit right of left handle) not stated in listing.
When I questioned seller she admitted there was an imprint/indentation. She had already shipped bag.
Now waiting to see how bad it is.

Order details
Tell us what you think Printer friendly page

Sales order
Sold by fashionmall760 ( 794 )Order number: 09-05271-33077
+ Show additional actions​

Estimated delivery Monday, Jul 6, 2020 - Saturday, Jul 11, 2020
+ Show shipping details

Item price$233.99
Quantity1
Item number324128100541
Shipping serviceInternational Priority Shipping

View attachment 4775924

View attachment 4775925

View attachment 4775933
The bag is authentic.

That indentation looks like it might have happened during shipping, most likely from Coach to the retailer (Costco). I'm guessing that there were a bunch of bags stuffed into a carton and the hardware from one was pressing against the bag shown in the listing.

Have you already received the bag or are you just noticing the dent and asking about it? It's possible that if the seller ordered several of the same item, you may not even receive the one shown.

If you have received it and the dent is there, the rehabbers can advise you on ways to remove it, assuming you want to keep the bag.

The dent isn't damage (per se) though it should have been disclosed.

Even with the creed being barely visible, this seems like a legit Coach. Or is it still suspicious? Thank you for your authentication advice.

https://merc.li/Zxm33PDEb
Ideally, I'd like to see a better picture of the creed but it appears to be a basic bag, style 9455. It's missing the long spaghetti strap.
Thank you very much. Seller now posted a clearer pic of the creed. Can you further authenticate? Thanks!

View attachment 4775958
Authentic.

The bag is authentic.

That indentation looks like it might have happened during shipping, most likely from Coach to the retailer (Costco). I'm guessing that there were a bunch of bags stuffed into a carton and the hardware from one was pressing against the bag shown in the listing.

Have you already received the bag or are you just noticing the dent and asking about it? It's possible that if the seller ordered several of the same item, you may not even receive the one shown.

If you have received it and the dent is there, the rehabbers can advise you on ways to remove it, assuming you want to keep the bag.

The dent isn't damage (per se) though it should have been disclosed.

Thank you so much, BeenBurned! :tup: This is the actual bag which was shipped to me, but it hasn't arrived yet. I hope to be able to rehab it because the black retail versions of the Mercer 33 seem hard to find! I'll do a search for the rehab posts! thread!!! :yes:

FYI. Ebay has confirmed that the bag can be returned because the imprint/indentation was not disclosed in the listing.

Reactions: BeenBurned
Looking Would you please authenticate this Coach handbag, seller says it’s from the 1950s. Thank you

Item: Vintage COACH Brown Leather Purse
Listing#: 689069987

Seller: TheWaffleCone
Site where listed: Etsy
Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/689069...orGFI9mQY&eaid=256647112731&x_eaid=c3e6cd93b3
Comments: Thank you.
The bag you've asked about is authentic but beware! TheWaffleCone clearly doesn't verify the legality (or age) of her items. Many listings don't have pictures of creeds but some of the descriptions have information showing them as have known invalid serial numbers.

She has this fake:

and

and

And her dating of the items is total BS. Everything is listed as "from the 1950s."

This wallet IS authentic but not even vintage yet so certainly not 65 years old. It was made approx. 2005: