Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

@Redbirdhermes if you like the jewelry themes, I would definitely look for the La Femme aux Semelles de Vent. Despite Galop Volant being my favorite -simply because I love the CW and wear it with lots of things - The la Femme is VERY close second because IMO it's the most diverse pattern with lots of different textures and elements - including jewelry elements on each corner.

View attachment 4771960
I agree... This is one of my favorite designs... So rich and complex and ties like a dream... I am your twin on the 90 and also am lucky to own a CSGM... I met a lovely scarf-lover on Instagram who makes handcrafted jewelry specifically to wear with her scarves and she designed a beautiful necklace for her soft pink La Femme. When I admired her creation, she insisted on making me one to wear with my scarf. It is a treasure! I will post it later so you can see it, as La Femme fits the week’s theme anyway!

Citrouilles et Coloquintes in earthy dark greens, burnt orange, and brown against a white background. Also have it in a pale green background with burnt orange accents.
Second scarf is Vendages in a pale pink and green with light brown or tan accents. I have multiple Vendages, in aubergine background with curry accents (my fav, which i've posted here often), just got the browny red with taupe accents against a white background, and somewhere I have a medium blue one with lime green grapes Citrouilles et Coloquintes

Citrouilles et ColoquintesView attachment 4771974View attachment 4771976View attachment 4771974View attachment 4771976
Such a gorgeous design... Very unique and beautiful on! So happy to see you post these, my friend... You look amazing!

This Brazil giant triangle arrived from the boutique this week — the first one I got in this format. Can’t show the knot, but it’s a simple double knot to keep it in place.

View attachment 4772066
Sooooo beautiful! Such an incredible shade of red... I actually fell in love with this format through my daughter, and can’t wait to add one to my collection

Pelages et Camouflages mousseline with stripes.

View attachment 4772038

Dans l’Atelier de Robert Dallet CSGM stripes.
View attachment 4772040

Chasse en Inde CSGM stripes.
View attachment 4772041

Tyger Tyger CSGM stripes.
View attachment 4772042

La Femme aux Semelles de Vent 90 silk stripes.
View attachment 4772043

Tigre du Bengale 90 silk stripes.
View attachment 4772044

Baobab Cat 90 silk stripes.
View attachment 4772045

Voyage en Etoffes CSGM stripes.
View attachment 4772046

Au Pays des Oiseaux Fleurs CSGM stripes.
View attachment 4772047

Tigre Royal Fleuri 70cm silk stars and stripes!!
View attachment 4772048
So many beauties in this post! That La Femme is a Grail that I believe will never be mine... So, sigh!!!
And, the Tyger Tyger I believe has both stripes and stars since there is a starry night above him... The stars just look more like dots on this one, but they are stars! You pick the best CWs

Didn't realize Emblèmes de l’Europe has the same start jacuard as my En Piste! Beautiful collection...as always :smile:))

Oh no! What scarf was it?

You know, I didn't realize that's what the other side of the Kachinas MT looks like. Pretty cool.

That's a lovely themed collection.

Very jealous of your find! Looks beautiful.

They are both beautiful, and the second one is so stunning! Such great colors for you.

You are so good at picking out scarves for the theme! I need to go look at my collection.
Thank you so much! I wish to see your En Piste up close... Hope you can post some pics!

Everyone knows by now that I will always sing the praises of scarves with stripes... :lol:

Coupe de Fouet has a great versatility with prints and stripes:

View attachment 4772409

And a few of my scarves manage to work out well with mixed striping. Legende du Poisson Corail is pretty much built of tiny swirls and stripes as a design, and actually worked out well with these larger scale stripes on this shirt.

View attachment 4772411
And, you also always do such a beautiful job at wearing pattern on pattern

Thank you for the colourful and informative intro, Fifi.
So happy that my new CSGM just arrived from Paris this morning fits the theme for this week. Stripes a-plenty and hidden stars too,View attachment 4772643 near the top of my Kawa Ora. I had to get this from the French site as the UK one didn't have it in stock; I always find the stock levels' discrepancies between the two countries amusing as it all gets flown out from Paris anyway. On Friday when I ordered this, the French site had around 250 more scarves than the UK one. Anyway, I am utterly delighted to finally receive this beauty.

View attachment 4772644
What a great choice! My favorite design from that collection... Every drape and knot is amazing! Congrats!

Reactions: Pautinka
My First moussie, and still a favorite. Rose compass has both stripes and stars within the design and I like wearing it with navy stripes. Taken in NY harbor on QM2 in better times.
View attachment 4772901
bal masque 70 has cute little stars
View attachment 4772902View attachment 4772903
rose compass 70
View attachment 4772904
act 3 shawl highlighting some of the stripes
View attachment 4772906
I will never tire of looking at these gorgeous pics, especially the first one... Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.