LV bucket GM

Hello,
I collect vintage LV catalogs and books. The date the original LV bucket was made in the GM size was 1968. It ended production around 2007. LV stopped making paper catalogs in 2010. I can only estimate the 2007 date because it is listed in the 2007 Le Catalog that I have, and I know that in 2007 I never saw this bag in the stores. The PM size was still being made up until around 2012. I own a PM from 2011. A great resource is the LV "Bible" called "Louis Vuitton City Bags a Natural History". There is an old photo of the original GM in 1968. It is incredibly informative with tons of photos and history of their iconic bags. Hope this helps a bit.

Hello,
I collect vintage LV catalogs and books. The date the original LV bucket was made in the GM size was 1968. It ended production around 2007. LV stopped making paper catalogs in 2010. I can only estimate the 2007 date because it is listed in the 2007 Le Catalog that I have, and I know that in 2007 I never saw this bag in the stores. The PM size was still being made up until around 2012. I own a PM from 2011. A great resource is the LV "Bible" called "Louis Vuitton City Bags a Natural History". There is an old photo of the original GM in 1968. It is incredibly informative with tons of photos and history of their iconic bags. Hope this helps a bit.
Yes, it does! Thank you! I love to know LV history on the different models and am thrilled to know it is a classic bag. It is my first LV and I fell in love with it! Mine was made in 12/98.

Reactions: travelbliss