4 Motif Alhambra earrings

Anabunny

May 25, 2020
I'm trying to decide between 3 motif MOP/Onyx earrings and 4 motif MOP earrings. I tried to find discussions on 4 motif MOP but there doesn't seem to be many. Would you share your experience if you have them? Are they heavy? Do you find them versatile and wear them often? Do you love them? Much appreciate your suggestions.

I don’t have them, but from pictures I would say I am torn on them. I love love love how unique and rarely seen they are but I don’t like that all the motifs are WMOP! I love the 3motif ones that have WMOP, Onyx and GMOP (I think that’s what the combination is) because I love GMOP far more than WMOP. My ideal combination would be the 4 motifs with WMOP, GMOP, Onyx (and maybe pave, if we’re dreaming let’s dream big :graucho:) but if we go with the available offering I would say 3motif MOP/Onyx /GMOP > 4motif WMOP > 3motif all WMOP.

Reactions: Anabunny
In terms of appearance, the 3-motifs is elegant, while the 4-motifs is whimsical. In terms of function, the 3-motifs is already weight challenged, whereas the 4-motifs can be trouble causing stretching or damage. My ears hurt after having worn the 3-motifs for an hour. To alleviate the problem, I put on the backside of my ear a small piece of earring tape (bought from Amazon) that distributes the weight over a larger area of my ear. Cannot imagine the toll of one extra large motif. If you look closely at the second photo, you can see the stretching of the model’s ear.

I don’t have them, but from pictures I would say I am torn on them. I love love love how unique and rarely seen they are but I don’t like that all the motifs are WMOP! I love the 3motif ones that have WMOP, Onyx and GMOP (I think that’s what the combination is) because I love GMOP far more than WMOP. My ideal combination would be the 4 motifs with WMOP, GMOP, Onyx (and maybe pave, if we’re dreaming let’s dream big :graucho:) but if we go with the available offering I would say 3motif MOP/Onyx /GMOP > 4motif WMOP > 3motif all WMOP.
I totally see your point about them being bland with only WMOP. At first I thought they look less refined for using such large pieces of WMOP. But then after seeing pictures of women rocking these earrings, they start to remind me of pastel coloured fashion in French court. There is an odd but interesting quality about their movement. Maybe I’m just intrigued but could be easily cured by trying them on myself...:giggle:

In terms of appearance, the 3-motifs is elegant, while the 4-motifs is whimsical. In terms of function, the 3-motifs is already weight challenged, whereas the 4-motifs can be trouble causing stretching or damage. My ears hurt after having worn the 3-motifs for an hour. To alleviate the problem, I put on the backside of my ear a small piece of earring tape (bought from Amazon) that distributes the weight over a larger area of my ear. Cannot imagine the toll of one extra large motif. If you look closely at the second photo, you can see the stretching of the model’s ear.
That’s my biggest concern. I was hoping to wear them as much as possible:hrmm:. I might just order a pair and find out. Will report back from the other side!

I think the 4 motif are very pretty if they suit you. I think they really have to be tried on (maybe more than once) to see if they work with your face shape and personal style. The three motif are more universally flattering; for whatever reason they seem to be even moreso than the two motif ‍♀️

also, although i am definitely both a large earring and lots of color kind of person, I think it’s better that the four motif is the same stone because otherwise it would be overwhelming and/or too busy for most people (although doing the same design in all malachite or, say, onyx would be nice, too)

I think the 4 motif are very pretty if they suit you. I think they really have to be tried on (maybe more than once) to see if they work with your face shape and personal style. The three motif are more universally flattering; for whatever reason they seem to be even moreso than the two motif ‍♀

also, although i am definitely both a large earring and lots of color kind of person, I think it’s better that the four motif is the same stone because otherwise it would be overwhelming and/or too busy for most people (although doing the same design in all malachite or, say, onyx would be nice, too)
SO 4 motif in all malachite would be a worthy dream!:loveeyes:

I have them. My least favourite. Wear them so rarely I looked if have a pic with them but couldn't find one. They look beautiful but the sound they make when the motives bang into each other drives me insane. They are quite heavy too. My 3 motif M0P earrings are my most worn/ favourite together with the 2 motif Lucky Alhambra.

I have them. My least favourite. Wear them so rarely I looked if have a pic with them but couldn't find one. They look beautiful but the sound they make when the motives bang into each other drives me insane. They are quite heavy too. My 3 motif M0P earrings are my most worn/ favourite together with the 2 motif Lucky Alhambra.
Thanks for sharing your experience! Do you find them easy to style comparing to the 3 motifs? Do they look classy or really over the top? :flowers:

Thanks for sharing your experience! Do you find them easy to style comparing to the 3 motifs? Do they look classy or really over the top? :flowers:
I don't find them difficult to style just difficult to wear. They don't look over the top but I can bear wearing them only a couple of hours. They end up in my bag before the night is over. Doesn't happen with my 3 motif. I can wear them the whole day/evening.

Reactions: Anabunny
I don't find them difficult to style just difficult to wear. They don't look over the top but I can bear wearing them only a couple of hours. They end up in my bag before the night is over. Doesn't happen with my 3 motif. I can wear them the whole day/evening.
Would it be of much intrusion to ask you to share a photo? :blush: Thanks either way!