LV Victorine, Rose Ballerine - button

emilyfitz

May 27, 2019
I’ve seen issues people are having with their Rose Ballerine button on their Victorine wallet such as the colour peeling or wearing off. I will be receiving mine this week & have heard putting clear nail varnish over the button will help with this issue? Does anyone advise on doing this or suggest against it?
Thanks

I would be concerned about certain solvents in the varnish damaging the leather, or equally worse, getting on the canvas. Also, nail varnish chips. If the varnish you painted chips, will that take off chunks of the leather?

I'd leave it and get the button replaced when it's time.

Reactions: nvie and emilyfitz
I would be concerned about certain solvents in the varnish damaging the leather, or equally worse, getting on the canvas. Also, nail varnish chips. If the varnish you painted chips, will that take off chunks of the leather?

I'd leave it and get the button replaced when it's time.

Ive had the exact thoughts. I’ve watched numerous YouTube videos which look great as they always do but don’t think I’d be able to bring myself to do it. Just thought I’d get people’s opinions to whether they have done it and it’s lasted. Also just read that if I did this the warrantee is void which puts me off even more! Thanks for your advise

Ive had the exact thoughts. I’ve watched numerous YouTube videos which look great as they always do but don’t think I’d be able to bring myself to do it. Just thought I’d get people’s opinions to whether they have done it and it’s lasted. Also just read that if I did this the warrantee is void which puts me off even more! Thanks for your advise
There's really no formal warranty policy from LV. Every case is reviewed on an individual basis. There's no set time frame that if something was damaged within x months you'll get it replaced for free, just so you know :smile:

I have a Josephine wallet in mono with blue interior. I used to carry it everyday for a year and the button color started to fade then peeled off. I took it to LV store (many years ago) and was quoted $50 to replace it. I asked if I could get either a gold or silver metal button instead since the same button would have the same issue within a year and they said NO (can't change the original design). I decided not to repair and ended up with a silver button (removed all leather) now. It's not so bad actually.

Reactions: emilyfitz
I’ve seen issues people are having with their Rose Ballerine button on their Victorine wallet such as the colour peeling or wearing off. I will be receiving mine this week & have heard putting clear nail varnish over the button will help with this issue? Does anyone advise on doing this or suggest against it?
Thanks

I've had (and used) mine for over a year now and I think it still looks great. Some wear is showing on the button, but not too much. I haven't exactly been gentle when using it either since I know I can just get the button replaced by LV for a smaller sum. If you're still worried about the colour wearing off with use, and you don't want to coat it with nail polish, it's actually possible to close the wallet without pressing directly on the button. When closing it you can just press next to the button and it will still close :angel: 20200519_141915.jpg

I had a victorine with the brown color button. After about 9 months it chipped. Not a lot but I showed my SA and she said they’d send in to replace button. Then I got a call that wallet was deemed defective and was given a credit which i could have used to replace same wallet but I used it to purchase another style. I don’t think I’d buy a wallet and mess with it.